Good tv series

beechbum

"The Missing", a new 8 part BBC series, the first part of which aired last night. This from Imdb:

"The Missing" follows Tony, played by James Nesbitt, as a man devastated by the abduction of his young son, Oliver, during a family vacation in France. He becomes a man obsessed, unable to accept that his child may be dead and spends years searching for him. Tony's exhaustive search fractures his marriage to Emily, played by Frances O'Connor, and threatens to destroy his life. Tcheky Karyo plays Julien, the French police detective who launched the initial search for the child. Even though he is retired in present day, he too cannot shake the small belief that the child may still be alive. Told using a fascinating narrative puzzle, "The Missing" explores the impact of a child's abduction, the emotional cost of obsession, hope and finding when to let go. This gripping thriller is told simultaneously over multiple times frames and set in France and London.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The Missing", a new 8 part BBC series, the first part of which aired last night. This from Imdb:

"The Missing" follows Tony, played by James Nesbitt, as a man devastated by the abduction of his young son, Oliver, during a family vacation in France. He becomes a man obsessed, unable to accept that his child may be dead and spends years searching for him. Tony's exhaustive search fractures his marriage to Emily, played by Frances O'Connor, and threatens to destroy his life. Tcheky Karyo plays Julien, the French police detective who launched the initial search for the child. Even though he is retired in present day, he too cannot shake the small belief that the child may still be alive. Told using a fascinating narrative puzzle, "The Missing" explores the impact of a child's abduction, the emotional cost of obsession, hope and finding when to let go. This gripping thriller is told simultaneously over multiple times frames and set in France and London.

Sounds a bit like the girl Maddy who went missing in Spain?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Forever' is a pretty good, entertaining anyhow. its a cop show very much like the mentalist, sherlock holmes like superdetective works as constulant to police who just hang around to pick up the pieces and provide a love interest for the main character. but with a bit of a supernatural twist.

worth a watch if you're bored.

Edited by stevehaigh

Sounds a bit like the girl Maddy who went missing in Spain?

I'm getting sick of James Nesbitt. Don't they have any other actors?

Davinci's Demons is surprisingly good even if some of his escapes seem contrived to the point of being a tad silly

The Walking Dead has been a favorite of mine for the last couple of years

Game of Thrones rocks even if those who've read the books know how it will all end

Hell on Wheels is good stuff and has some historical basis behind it, albeit dramatised.

Finally, I rate House of Cards alongside anything Kevin Spacey has ever done on the big screen - need to chase up the next instalment.

(I watch Suits religiously on FTA but they dont have the series at Boomerang and I'm not going to spend money online for it)

Brits voted the best TV-series of the year. Many which I have never heard of.

1. Broadchurch

2. The Returned

3. Educating Yorkshire

4. Top of the Lake

5. The Wrong Mans

6. Homeland

7. The Great British Bake Off

8. Toast of London

9. Breaking Bad

10. Peaky Blinders

Downloading nr 1 and 2

peaky blinders is a must

(I watch Suits religiously on FTA but they dont have the series at Boomerang and I'm not going to spend money online for it)

I've enjoyed 'Suits' also. Season 4 finished a couple of months ago, so next spring before the next season. Easily downloaded, and as with virtually every other TV show, available for download within a few hours of it being broadcast in it's parent country.

Just started a series called Forever with Ioan Gruffedd (Captain Hornblower).

Very good pilot, so, will download the remainder.

About a doctor who is over two hundred years old that cannot die. He is trying to break the curse.

Piratebay and EZTV are off the air. Any recommendations for good torrent sites?

^^kickass (google it for the correct address) has most of the same torrents you find on EZ but they don't have them in numbered order which can be a hassle sometimes.

Yes, using kickass at the moment, but, as you say, the indexing is a pain.

Tried btjunkie, but, that doesn't seem to be up either.