Good tv series

beechbum

For those who enjoy spy thrillers, the BBC has just started to broadcast "The Honourable Woman", an 8 part mini series with Maggie Gyllenhaal in the lead role. Available on TPB and my preference for TV, "eztv". Trailer here:

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For those who enjoy spy thrillers, the BBC has just started to broadcast "The Honourable Woman", an 8 part mini series with Maggie Gyllenhaal in the lead role. Available on TPB and my preference for TV, "eztv". Trailer here:

DLing e1 now, cheers for thatl.

• 3 weeks later...

i just found one called 'the stain' http://eztv.it/shows/1067/the-strain/

i'm almost embarresed to recommend it because the acting is worse than Thai TV (if that's possble), but i kind of liked it anyhow. kind of sci-fi horror.

I just watched a movie called "Age of Tomorrow", pretty much about a fireman who saved the world from alien invasion with only his trusty fire axe. Terrible script & acting.

"The Honourable Woman" is certainly living up to it's potential. The 5th of an 8 part series aires this week. Because of the ongoing conflict in Gaza, it's also particularly topical. Highly recommended.

The 4th episode of "The Bridge (US)" Season 2 should be available to download later today. Another series that is excellent.

Edited by pagallim

i'm almost embarresed to recommend it because the acting is worse than Thai TV (if that's possble), but i kind of liked it anyhow. kind of sci-fi horror.

Yes, scifi at its worst, but I like that sometimes.

You'd enjoy the SyFy channel, then. bah.gif

biggrin.png

I just watched all 3 seasons of Blakes' 7. Absolutely bl**dy awful acting of the lowest calibre. But enjoyable, in a sadomasochistic sort of way.

The best thing about it was the theme tune at the beginning. It was downhill from then onwards. laugh.png

• Like 1

I just watched a movie called "Age of Tomorrow", pretty much about a fireman who saved the world from alien invasion with only his trusty fire axe. Terrible script & acting.

laugh.png Lowest IMDB rating I've ever seen - 1.9!! biggrin.png

i find imdb ratings useless. most shows have the standard 7 or 8 ish and they are unwatchable. i guess it all depends what you are in to

i don't know if i mentioned before but 'gang related' is a good cop show. but really not much at all on the tv at the moment.

i find imdb ratings useless. most shows have the standard 7 or 8 ish and they are unwatchable. i guess it all depends what you are in to

i don't know if i mentioned before but 'gang related' is a good cop show. but really not much at all on the tv at the moment.

"i find imdb ratings useless. most shows have the standard 7 or 8 ish and they are unwatchable."

"Gang Related" - IMDB rating: 7.4

biggrin.png

Power is pretty good if you like ghetto gangster type series. It's about a major drug dealer in NYC that opens up a legit night club while having an affair on the side while trying to run his illegal empire. Murder, sex, violence, etc.

From IMDB >>James "Ghost" St. Patrick, a wealthy New York night club owner who has it all, catering for the city's elite and dreaming big, lives a double life as a drug kingpin." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3281796/

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

+1 on Breaking Bad, American horror story, and Sons of Anarchy.

'Ambassadors' seems decent so far, as does 'Intelligence'.

Good, but not great.

'Falling skies' I quite like. 3 seasons in, and they're taking the story somewhere interesting.

Am I the only person that thinks the Walking Dead is totally overrated? beatdeadhorse.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

I watched an episode recently, and everybody ran out of a fortified jail just after defending it from some guys with a tank.

Now, If the aliens from Falling Skies make a guest appearance on the Walking Dead, that would be interesting.

I agree Walking Dead padded out tripe.

Unfortunately I thought Breaking Bad was hit and miss also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Enjoying 'The Knick', a drama centred around the early 1900's and the happenings at a New York hospital (The Knickerbocker). Produced by Cinemax and stars Clive Owen as the Chief Surgeon who balances personal demons with striving for advancement of knowledge and practices in his profession. The first 3 of what will be a 10 episode first season are available, and Cinemax has announced there will be a second season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQjlfYeTdWo

• 3 weeks later...

Peter Capaldi is shaping up well with his version of The Doctor I think.

SDM

He was fantastic in The Thick of It.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and download it.

Gotta 2nd that, really good show.

Sons Of Anarchy season 7 has started, just dl'd episode 2, Also series 1 episode 6 of Legends.

Watched The Signal yesterday, not to bad, Sniper Legacy was about as expected though.

Edited by beechbum