Good tv series

beechbum

Yellowstone was great. Apart from the spectacular scenery there is spectacular scenery in the form of Kelly Reilly, Kelsey (Absille) Chow (double wow!) and Tanaya Beatty. On to Les Norton next followed by Animal Kingdom, Pennyworth and Queen of the South.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

new season of American horror story just started in the usual places and for the Brits on here new comedy series called Sarborough 

Scarborough. 

Sorry, but as a Scarborough boy from Perth Australia, I've had to spell that thousands of times and the misspelling grates on my eyes.

????

Scarborough. 
Sorry, but as a Scarborough boy from Perth Australia, I've had to spell that thousands of times and the misspelling grates on my eyes.
[emoji26]

Scarborough ( North Yorkshire ), from the Beeb , same writers as Benidorm but a much more gentler comedy ( think Last of the summer wine ).
As a Yorkshireman I was excited to see this, spent many a good time at Scarborough as a toddler, as a teenager ( slept on the beach in a drunken stupor) and took my kids there for the donkey rides on the beach but I was disappointed with another run of the mill comedy ( probably needs time to take off ).

I like Jason Manford as a comedian but as an actor......nope !!
Also his Salford accent spoilt it for me, will give it another shot if just for the scenery and the memories but not holding out much hope !!

Available on iPlayer.

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Scarborough ( North Yorkshire ), from the Beeb , same writers as Benidorm but a much more gentler comedy ( think Last of the summer wine ).
As a Yorkshireman I was excited to see this, spent many a good time at Scarborough as a toddler, as a teenager ( slept on the beach in a drunken stupor) and took my kids there for the donkey rides on the beach but I was disappointed with another run of the mill comedy ( probably needs time to take off ).

I like Jason Manford as a comedian but as an actor......nope !!
Also his Salford accent spoilt it for me, will give it another shot if just for the scenery and the memories but not holding out much hope !!

Available on iPlayer.

I made a point of going to the original UK  Perth and Scarborough on my travels in the country..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Scarborough. 

????

Down at Cott we always spelt it "Scabs"...!!

I made a point of going to the original UK  Perth and Scarborough on my travels in the country..

How did they compare ??

I imagine Perth ( Scotland) wouldn’t compare much with Oz although it is a decent city.

Scarborough ( Yorkshire ) ain’t no great shakes, but compared to my other nearby options ( I lived in the middle) such as Filey, Cleethorpes, Morecambe and Blackpool it came out on top, a draw with Whitby IMO .