Good tv series

beechbum

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Just done Ep 9 of Pennyworth, so just one to go. I am amazed at all the genuine old cars they have in it, Rover 75s, Rover 3500 % 2000, a Hilman Husky van and a Vauxhall Victor were spotted. 

All of those oldies are waiting to come back into production on the 1st of November, Johnson has his hand on the switch ready to rekindle the white heat of the British car industry. Of course then they won't have to comply with any EU safety or emmissions regulations and there'll be no need for such nonsense as seat belts, airbags, indicators or electric starters. 

• Haha 2

Spoiler alert! US shows, Brits should tune out now.

Late September and October seems to be when many US shows start a new season.

Some I've noticed include NCIS (x3), The Voice (sans Adam Levine), FBI, S.W.A.T., Seal Team, Bering Sea Gold, Jack Ryan, Hawaii 5.0, Magnum, The Good Doctor, Residents, New Amsterdam. Blacklist starts again in a few weeks.

Watched a new pilot last night - Emergence. Bit of a cliché, a young mysterious girl with secrets and abilities suddenly appears and government agents are looking for her, but may be interesting as it develops. 

8 hours ago, beechbum said:

"The Righteous Gemstones",

It's a satire on the US evangelical church thing, some pretty funny stuff, waist-deep in hypocrisy.  If you're a believer in this stuff better keep away.

The guy with the pompadour and big teeth is a real crackup, as is the adult daughter with the itchy drawers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Ah , glad Doc Martin has a mench.  Been watching it from #1 every night on Netflix , watched it a couple of years ago then lost it in cyber space , tell your wife that Phil likes it too.

Have you ever seen the doc Martin movie? its good ,but he is nothing like he is in the series in it.

• Like 1

Looked on the internet and it says there are 3,just downloaded legend of the cloutie,and we watched the one where he was cheated on by his wife and became a fisherman ,but cant find a third.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think you have seen them all. I don’t think there is a third, unless one has a different name abroad???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching a new Netflix series called Top Boy. It's about black drug gangs on the streets of north London and it's pretty good; lots of violence as you might expect.

I'd advise anyone that might have a problem understanding London street talk to watch with subtitles!