Good tv series

beechbum

On 10/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Series 3 of Goliath is now available from the usual places. This is one of the best US series that I’ve seen in many a year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that one, I've totally forgotten it. About Airport 24/7 Thailand.......is this produced by ....Thailand? What a load of bs.

• Like 1

"Wu-Tang: An American Saga”

so far, good;

Wu-Tang Clan are regarded as one of the most influential hip hop groups of all time. Their 1993 debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), is considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.[5][6][7]

Edited by phuketrichard

On 10/4/2019 at 8:20 AM, madmitch said:

I've been watching a new Netflix series called Top Boy. It's about black drug gangs on the streets of north London and it's pretty good; lots of violence as you might expect.

I'd advise anyone that might have a problem understanding London street talk to watch with subtitles!

This is actually series three. first 2 were 4 parters in 2011 and 2013.

Stumbled across The Deuce and really enjoying it. S3 is currently being aired , as is the latest series of Get Shorty.

For the Brits a new series of Have I got News for You started last night. It should prove fun in the coming weeks with the BREXIT fiasco bound to be the hot topic of ridicule.

Belgian series Undercover was excellent, as was The King's Choice (film) about Norway at the start of WW2.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, schlog said:

El Camino - Breaking Bad is available. Better then expected and nice retrospec.

Just watched it this evening. Takes up from the end of the series, a lot of flashbacks to set the scenes.

A bit of a shock to turn on the PC and find one of the actors died yesterday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50025723

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Seen 2 episodes ( out of 6) of ‘Departure’ and it looks good. It’s about a missing plane and trying to find out the truthful reason for this mystery.

Can't find it on the usual suspects. Any help?

There are no good TV-series anymore. same as there is no good TV-threads.

However, back to Television. The last good one was The Wire, and that one was really good.

I am glad that I’m not as fussy as you with the vast international variety available for free.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pagallim said:

A couple of recent UK series offerings that are worthwhile.   "A Confession" and "The Capture".   Both 6 episodes and available at the usual sources.

Yes, thought The Capture was intriguing and it left itself open for a follow up with its ending.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Watching ‘Beforeigners’, a Norwegian series. About humans from 3 different era’s (Stone Age, Viking time, 19th cent.) arriving in the present. Quite a good crime drama, but with some hilarious scenes. 

Had trouble staying with that show.

I know it was a form of social satire, but I thought the behavioral scenes of the visitors, and the acceptance of it by the locals, several years down the track, were ludacris. 

On 10/16/2019 at 9:39 AM, steve2112 said:

a norwegian friend said norsemen was good, haven't tried yet myself https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5905354/

i just watched the first two last night and its hilarious, who knew the norwegians had a sense of humor! it's very pythonesc , great fun, and in english too even through all norwegian actors. 

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just downloaded the first episode of   the name of the Rose ,a medievil story and the Dublin Murders , the first one should have been called ,how to be bored in 3 easy lessons , the second ,very good ,well worth watching .

Did it really take THREE lessons?   LOL   10 minutes was enough for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just watched the first episode of "Treadstone".

Anyone who has seen a Jason Bourne film will know what it's about.

Better than I expected it to be. See how it goes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8289480/

I really enjoyed that. Bourne mixed with "Telefon" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076804/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

Thanks for the tip.

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just watched the first episode of "Treadstone".

Anyone who has seen a Jason Bourne film will know what it's about.

Better than I expected it to be. See how it goes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8289480/

Thought it was poop.

Enhanced super soldier had trouble defeating a fat old doctor, couldn't fight off a little girl, then couldn't jump further or run faster over the rooftops than two army grunts.