Russian dies in high-speed motorbike crash in North Pattaya

webfact

Russian dies in high-speed motorbike crash in North Pattaya

russia-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 26 year old Russian died in the early hours of Monday in a high-speed road crash on the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya.

Police and rescue services were called to the scene of the crash in front of a Shell Petrol Station on the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya just after 1.30am. Lying on the road was the body of Mr. Cherednichenko who was identified through a rental agreement for the Yamaha R-6 600cc Motorbike he was driving at the time of the crash.

Although no witnesses to the crash came forward, damage to a steel barrier on the central reservation was seen and catastrophic injuries to the victim were sustained, including a traumatic amputation of his left foot below the knee and a major skull fracture, which suggest to Police Investigators the impact with the barrier occurred at a very high rate of speed.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/112138/russian-dies-in-high-speed-motorbike-crash-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-16

• Like 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GAZZPA is missing the point.

Whilst these people are driving around at high speed, (with usually little or no experience on motor bikes let alone a bike so powerful) he is putting everyone on the road at risk.

No different to the pathetic locals I see on a daily basis screaming through traffic weaving in an out at out peril. Good Riddens.

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Good, one less threat to me on the road.

Whatever you do don't ever change...

• Like 1

RIP to a fellow biker.Some of these machines are far too fast for Pattaya,but i suppose all the time there's a market for them people will continue to rent them out,and at the end of the day it's within the riders ability to make the bike go fast or slow.You never get a second chance on a bike, and so one needs to pay them the ultimate respect.

There is also the mechanical condition of these rental bikes. In my younger days, when I used to rent the scooters and the bigger 400-600cc bikes, more than a few had mechanical breakdowns while I was riding them. Most are very poorly maintained and this factor must also be considered when these accidents occur...but if course it won't be.

Big bikes can be much safer as smaller bikes, drive both at 100 km/h and the bigger bike is much safer. However if you want to go super fast the big bike will allow you too and combine it with the poor roads here it could get real dangerous especially if you haven't driven a bike before ect ect. We do't know enough to judge, was the guy drunk, driving too fast, did he have experience or not. Maybe he was forced of the road.. who knows. Drive within ones abilities is a good motto.

• Like 1

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson ripped that quote from George Carlin. The original quote is "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man,what a ride!' George Carlin (2003)

• Like 2

Cannot teach stupid as it is something you are born with.

The young man is dead. You now have an opportunity to rethink your callous and brutish remark.

We are all judged by what we do and say and eventually must answer for them.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 2

We don't know what caused the accident, other than the results of a horrific crash. Nothing wrong with big bikes (been riding them most of my life) unless you don't realize the power you are straddling and let "joy" overcome common sense. When you do that, you'r an accident just looking for a a place to happen. Over the past 6 years in CNX, i can't count the number of accidents I've seen involving foreigners without experience laying down the bikes on simple curves.

RIP and hope you didn't suffer too much.

• Like 1

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson ripped that quote from George Carlin. The original quote is "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man,what a ride!' George Carlin (2003)

Do you take all of your life's advice from the rankings and ravings of the pickled brain of an admitted alcohol and drug addict? One great role model there...so when are you two going for your ride?

• Like 1