Tattoos - love them or hate them?

scubascuba3

Personally i love them, it is up to the individual - it's their skin.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

I just cannot see what mentality some people have that makes them want to permanently disfigure themselves. But as you rightfully say, it's their skin. Has nobody noticed that it's mostly ugly guys who have tattoos, and also facial hair?

But I am hansum with noooooooooo hair..........giggle.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tattoo on a girl = tramp stamp.

Not necessarily, When I came to LOS I got my first tattoo which in a small way incorporated my Mrs name. On watching me have it done she asked for a small tattoo on the rear of her shoulder, very small with my initial in it. smile.png

Ahh Trans, you old romantic you.

Narak ahbiggrin.png

It very much depends on the individual, the placement(s), the quality of the artwork, the motive. If it's too trashy, cliché or ugly, no thanks.

I got a few myself; a pi on the back, rectangles around my nipples, my internet name on the lower arm. Plan to get more.

Tattoos for me is a go, obviously, but on conditions mentioned above.

Male or female I do not care for them.....trashy......

I have spoken to some gals that have the Buddhist tatoos (usually one/usually small) and was told that when young they were either sick or some other malady and the tatoo was designed given on advice to the parents from a Buddhist Monk/Temple/Wat/Visit............those I can understand. A lot are intricately done and the girl didn't have a choice.

At one time there were some countries that would not accept people with tatoos - indicated character flaws....so, of course, men got tatoos so as not to have to serve. Now they take them but also remove the tatoos (ouch).

Then - there are the gang affiliated tatoos - completely different story.......

As always pity/feel bad for the old Farangs walking around with brand new tats on their bodies - thinking that somehow with 70 knocking on the door that they look more studly/manly/sexy.............

Thai girls with that beautiful skin all tatted up = let the buyer beware.......

I am constantly suprised by some of the answers on TV......it seems like most of the type of people that are written about are happily lurking/trolling the gutters...they certainly aren't on TV.......

Edited by pgrahmm

Male or female I do not care for them.....trashy......

I have spoken to some gals that have the Buddhist tatoos (usually one/usually small) and was told that when young they were either sick or some other malady and the tatoo was designed given on advice to the parents from a Buddhist Monk/Temple/Wat/Visit............those I can understand. A lot are intricately done and the girl didn't have a choice.

At one time there were some countries that would not accept people with tatoos - indicated character flaws....so, of course, men got tatoos so as not to have to serve. Now they take them but also remove the tatoos (ouch).

Then - there are the gang affiliated tatoos - completely different story.......

As always pity/feel bad for the old Farangs walking around with brand new tats on their bodies - thinking that somehow with 70 knocking on the door that they look more studly/manly/sexy.............

Thai girls with that beautiful skin all tatted up = let the buyer beware.......

I am constantly suprised by some of the answers on TV......it seems like most of the type of people that are written about are happily lurking/trolling the gutters...they certainly aren't on TV.......

Boring........................rolleyes.gif ..................coffee1.gif

Tattoo on a girl = tramp stamp.

Not necessarily, When I came to LOS I got my first tattoo which in a small way incorporated my Mrs name. On watching me have it done she asked for a small tattoo on the rear of her shoulder, very small with my initial in it. smile.png

Ain't love grand ! wink.png

I know a few people, males and females, who had their partners names as part of a tattoo, usually expressing undying love. The laser removal was expensive and painful after the splits.rolleyes.gif

It very much depends on the individual, the placement(s), the quality of the artwork, the motive. If it's too trashy, cliché or ugly, no thanks.

I got a few myself; a pi on the back, rectangles around my nipples, my internet name on the lower arm. Plan to get more.

Tattoos for me is a go, obviously, but on conditions mentioned above.

my internet name on the lower arm

Can I ask why?

always makes me laugh at how many people hiding behind a laptop rant on about how they HATE tattoos and how the people with them must have some 'defect' as the reason for getting them. no one ever comes up to me to tell me how horrible my tattoos are when im out in the bars............why is that?

• Like 1

I admire cultural or tribal tattoos - Maoris, Pacific Islanders, those from Borneo etc. To me they look right and the style fits the wearer. Any others are repellent to me, but if that's what someone wants its up to them.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

I just cannot see what mentality some people have that makes them want to permanently disfigure themselves. But as you rightfully say, it's their skin. Has nobody noticed that it's mostly ugly guys who have tattoos, and also facial hair?

I have Loooooooooooots of hair, and I am also hansum.

I have seen some pretty tattoos though I would not have one myself. These days I see more and more middle-aged people looking pretty nasty with tattoos that might have looked good when they were young. And when I see young people with massive tattoos on their necks, hands, or other visible parts of the body I sure hope they realize that they have severely limited their career choices.

always makes me laugh at how many people hiding behind a laptop rant on about how they HATE tattoos and how the people with them must have some 'defect' as the reason for getting them. no one ever comes up to me to tell me how horrible my tattoos are when im out in the bars............why is that?

Perhaps they believe that one of the 'defects' might include a bad temper....

• Like 1

For me it's a complete turnoff on a girl. Even the smallest tattoo turns a stunner into something completely repulsive. Its the same for me for belly button piercings. I cant explain why. Just something instinctive

Anywhere ... huh.png ???

Anywhere ... huh.png ???

Nooooooo.....smile.png

I think they're horrible too. Mainly because very few are artistic or have attractive colours. My stepson (18yrs) recently got one on his shoulder which is the emaciated grey female face of a ghost. Fortunately he can cover it up. The only one I've ever seen that looked good was a delicate black lace designed anklet on a woman with very pale skin. It looked like jewellery. It surprises me that so many people who see them as fashion seem to ignore all the negative associations.

Personally I'm not a fan, and certainly when I go back to the US, judging by the dudes in the gym, I'm the last american male who doesn't have a tattoo! Looking around, both here and in the US, what looked good on that tight little 20 year old body, certainly loses some of its luster on the 40, 50, 60 year old bod!

Ive never really been for or against tattoos. Sure some of the people who go all out with complete body and face tattoos look a bit wierd and sometimes downright scary. I would never get a face tattoo as has been already said...it does limit your job prospects.

I was in the military for 23+ years and never got a tattoo but I had thought about it. Id seen a lot of people in the military with tattoos and it never bothered me...that includes women with tattoos (And not dikes either).

It is a very personal thing and what someone likes as 'art' others will dislike/hate. But again I have seen women with both good tattoos and others with really bad art that did nothing but make them 'look' cheap.

Finally I did get some ink work done, I dont regret it at all and with a shirt on it can be 'hidden' from potential employers. Its not that Im embarassed by it but I am aware of a 'negative' reaction by some people when in a job interview. However if at at the beach or in my 'own' area then its gonna be visible when wearing a 'wife beater' singlet.

Each to their own, and as the saying goes.... You shouldnt judge a book by its cover. wai2.gif

• Like 2

Yes, I agree.

The classic combination is:

1. Many tattoos

2. Facial hair

3. Overweight

4. Bald