BAAC top management slammed for confusing Thai farmers

webfact

Quite a strange way for defending the government - basically he is saying 'It is not true what BAAC is saying that we have not given them the money for rice subsidies. We shall have the money and pay to BAAC before the end of the year...'

His logic is fundamentally flawed because his statement actually does not refute the BAAC statements.

Agree.

This is shadow fighting.

To see who should resign, he needs only to look in a mirror.

I hope the bank manager fills charges agains him for slander and false testimony.

That would gives the reform process surely more drive.

I am pitty for all the farmers who have to pay for this madness in the future,

and i am pitty for all the taxpayers who have paid for this madness until today.

You make a very valid point tomacht8; in this extremely litigious society, he would be very much entitled to sue for slander, and when it was shown that he was actuallycorrect in his public statements, that should be the catalyst to bring this government down once and for all....!! I can't wait...!!

• Like 1

Citing the scheme for the 2011-12 harvests, he said the bank earned 14,745 million baht from management fees and interests. The bank also gained 4,095 million baht from management fees and interests for the 2012-13 harvests.

Is that a decimal point or a coma? I.e. are we talking of millions or billions of baht?

Citing the scheme for the 2011-12 harvests, he said the bank earned 14,745 million baht from management fees and interests. The bank also gained 4,095 million baht from management fees and interests for the 2012-13 harvests.

Is that a decimal point or a coma? I.e. are we talking of millions or billions of baht?

That is on about 600 billion baht, so, roughly, 3%. Not a very good return.

Sent from my phone ...

I must say i am very surprised none of our new found PTP friends are rushing to the government`s defence on the rice scam as quickly as they rush to condemn Abhisit/Suthet in every other thread.

The indefensible cannot be defended.

I must say i am very surprised none of our new found PTP friends are rushing to the government`s defence on the rice scam as quickly as they rush to condemn Abhisit/Suthet in every other thread.

The indefensible cannot be defended.

Remember the Alamo!

You will have to try to understand Mr Deputy minister that the BAAC keeps telling the farmers the Govt has no money because the Govt has not given the bank the money to pay the farmers.

Or is there another reason the Govt has not given the bank the money ?

If so please let us all in on that reason.

Oh hang on I've just worked it out, Its because of the protests,

It is so hard to believe that the Pheu Thai's Deputy Commerce Minister, at this senior level, doesn't understand that the Pheu Thi is more than 30 days in arrears on its payment obligations. If this was owed to a bank, it would be a bad loan.

Abhisit, please don't boycott the next election. The PT is imploding with its rice scheme. Let it happen.

Yes I agree but don't forget that PTP were in the process of getting their hands on a 2x trillion baht off budget loan - like I've been saying for weeks - this loan was not at all for the so called infrastructure projects - keep the feet for dancing

You raise a good point. First skim the going rate of what has been reported at around 40% and then pay the farmers and what is left over can be used for the RR so that the north can move vegetables.

I guess there is no real benefit for Thailand as a whole to keep democracy.

• 2 weeks later...
The minister insisted that the Finance Ministry had assured that before the end of this year, there would be an injection of 60 billion baht fresh fund into the BAAC to pay the farmers.

So we are the end of the year now, any reports that the 60 billion Baht has been injected or that the farmers have been paid ?

"Apparently disturbed by such news, Mr Yanyong admitted that he didnt understand why the management kept telling the media that the government is broke and has no money to pay the farmers who have pledged their crops under the rice pledging scheme."

Erm, because it's true?