Yingluck voted as 'Darling of the Isaan People'

webfact

Yingluck voted as Darling of Isan People

202358-imagepng-3037521-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has been voted “Darling of the Isan People” for the year 2013 by Isan people in a poll conducted by Isan Poll.

She received 49.22 percent of the votes from 1,177 respondents sampled from 20 northeastern provinces for being the most favoured female politician, said Mr Suthin Wienwiwat, chief of the Isan Poll survey at Khon Kaen University, on Friday.

Ms Yingluck was followed in the second place by Mrs Paveena Hongsakul who received 2.06 percent of the votes.

No male politicians were qualified enough for the title of being the favoured male politicians. 56.8 percent of the respondents voted that no one was qualified whereas 58.66 percent of community leaders voted likewise.

The most favoured media title went to Thai Rath and TV Channel 3 whereas the titles of most favoured media male and female personalities went to Sorayuth Suthasanachinda and Ms Thapanee Iadsrichai of Channel 3.

The most popular TV soap opera actress went to Woranuj Bhirompakdi for her role as Lamyong.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-voted-darling-isan-people/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-21

I thought YL WAS a soap opera actress???????...........whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Did you say soapy actress biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20>

The thought did cross my mind ..... wink.png

So she is indeed of on another working electioneering visit so we should soon see a jump in her popularity.

PM on working visit to Maha Sarakham, Kalasin and will stay overnight in Udon Thani to follow up on projects /MCOT

Her ego must need another boost after a few days in BKK.

• Like 2

If the Dems ever want to win an election then they need to win the hearts of people nth of Bangkok. Shift their focus away from the minority elites and start working for the people who hold the majority of votes.

Agree.....get among the population majority....sweeten them up...get things moving for them and maybe results would be different.....

Get away from this inane Red and Yellow thing....as it is...if the Dems go to Chiang Mai, there would likely be blood..!!

"She received 49.22 percent of the votes from 1,177 respondents sampled from 20 northeastern provinces for being the most favoured female politician"

The typical Isaan voter probably can't even name another female politician. With that considered, it is amazing that she received only 49%. It would seem "none of the above" was more popular than YS. A survey of only 1,177 people isn't very statistically significant considering the population of many millions in Isaanland.

Most polls are only 1 - 2k. I see this poll could be interpreted favourably by anti-govt TV posters whichever way it went. < 50% proves that Yingluck isn't very popular and isn't really the choice of the people, even in Issan, so let's have our unelected council installed. 50% > proof that the Issan people are as brainwashed as we say they are and that reds will crush any dissenting statement ruthlessly so people are afraid to say they dislike the regime, so why not have our people's dictatorship instead?

Actually quite surprised Thaksin didn't get in for male politician (unless they asked for current politicians only, but they've included him in past polls). Supports my anecdotal experience that people are more enthusiastic about Yingluck than they are Thaksin.

• Like 1

Another election won !!!

This is as funny as a poll held in the heartland of Thaksin.

How about a national poll to get the real truth.

Or how about one in the south?

There's a reason it's called Esan-poll and carried out by Khon Kaen University. I too would like to see a national poll on the popularity of the parties, but no one has carried one out since early Nov, to my knowledge.

"She received 49.22 percent of the votes from 1,177 respondents sampled from 20 northeastern provinces for being the most favoured female politician"

The typical Isaan voter probably can't even name another female politician. With that considered, it is amazing that she received only 49%. It would seem "none of the above" was more popular than YS. A survey of only 1,177 people isn't very statistically significant considering the population of many millions in Isaanland.

Who got the other 49%?

Abhisit?

Another election won !!!

This is as funny as a poll held in the heartland of Thaksin.

How about a national poll to get the real truth.

Or how about one in the south?

It is like someone doing a poll in the middle of Old Trafford asking them which is the best team in the Premiership..... totally meaningless.

Yet you use it as a basis to support your own deranged views.

So funny. Looks like uneducated farangs will always side with uneducated Thais... birds of a feather flock together. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited to add:

49.22 from the most hardcore support voting area in Thailand.... I would see this as a bit of a disaster if I were you mate. I would have expected 99%

Interesting. You decry the poll as meaningless with one breath and then use it to "prove" that she's not as popular as she should be.....................

Almost worth a "laughing" emoticon, but I'll hold myself back. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-010.gif

• Like 2

Who got the other 49%?

Abhisit?

I think the OP clearly supports Aguy's explanation

Ms Yingluck was followed in the second place by Mrs Paveena Hongsakul who received 2.06 percent of the votes.

500 baht buys votes ...

also buys popularity

so what

totally useless in all aspects

Yep. Yingluck must have obtained a list of who was going to be phoned by Khon Kaen university beforehand and gone around personally to give them their 500 baht. She probably threw in a free 'Love Thaksin' t-shirt signed by her, her brother and all the Shinawatra family on top of it.

• Like 2

Heck that's less than half, but rumor has it that she is soon to be on her way back so she may be able to drum up more support.

Did I read this right under 50% and it was only out of Females, no competition even her sister in CM. was it out of 3 females, Ha Ha ha, ISSAN POLL ha ha

so is Abhisit the darling of the south ??? but he would get more than 50% so where is sense in this stupid one sided poll.

Sounds like a TAT poll.