Anti-govt protesters rally across Thai capital

Lite Beer

THe demonstrations have lost the steam but also the credibility as S. showed his true face as a fascist. He give orders that the military and policy should report to him. How naive is that. He asked The PM to step down and open the doors for reelection. He got what he asked for now he is so cowered that he has to eat what he ordered. Until now he never explained what he really want except to get rid of the Taksin clan. Don't forget the majority of Thais wanted that a Taksin is leading this country. As he can't get a majority in Thailand he now want a system that only people which like his ideas should be eligible to vote. What next? May be only people with a university degree can vote, that would be something.

I can't understand how he is capable to motivate so many people to demonstrate to strip democratic rights from them. If you see the demonstrators many of them are also simple people without much education, they are now begging outside " please take away our rights, we are to stupid to vote"

For me it would be interesting who is behind S.? Who is financing all the demonstration?

• Like 2

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, now Binjalin. All that we ask as mature adults, is that, despite our obvious leanings, we keep the discussion civil...!!

let me clarify that as I should have made it clearer (lest it be considered terribly rude) "anyone watching the BBC ALL day must be a sick 'something' " (and bored) or a liar (no one can watch BBC ALL day)

I can see how it could be read a far more 'uncongenial' way but the above is what I meant - apologies for any misunderstanding

Edited by binjalin

I have to admit that vote buying is one thing both the democrat and for thai parties do. And since both of the parties know that the act of buying votes will not determine the winner, so they opt to buy the winner instead. If you have been living in Thailand for some time, you should know by now that in each region, there is at least one or two prominent political figures and most likely they'll win the election in their areas. So Thaksin put this idea into practice. He knows he needs only 300 winners, so he'd buy the prominent political figure of each regions who are likely to attain lower house of representatives status into his party. By giving them each 20 millions, he could buy Thailand just under 6 billion bahts or under 200 million USD. Very cheap for buying a country, don't you agree?

Did you know that these same people were being offered 40 million per head to join with the Democrat coalition? Newin's Bhumjaithai party accepted the loot along with three cash generating ministries to run, giving the Democrats enough seats to form a government. The rest, as they say, is history.

i was offered 100 million baht (I would have accepted GBP or Euro) by taksin to get 100 mercenaries and take over Thailand instead of having to go through all this pretence. What a cheapskate so he paid 2000 baht each to al pad of local inexperienced mercenaries and look at result.

THe demonstrations have lost the steam but also the credibility as S. showed his true face as a fascist. He give orders that the military and policy should report to him. How naive is that. He asked The PM to step down and open the doors for reelection. He got what he asked for now he is so cowered that he has to eat what he ordered. Until now he never explained what he really want except to get rid of the Taksin clan. Don't forget the majority of Thais wanted that a Taksin is leading this country. As he can't get a majority in Thailand he now want a system that only people which like his ideas should be eligible to vote. What next? May be only people with a university degree can vote, that would be something. I can't understand how he is capable to motivate so many people to demonstrate to strip democratic rights from them. If you see the demonstrators many of them are also simple people without much education, they are now begging outside " please take away our rights, we are to stupid to vote" For me it would be interesting who is behind S.? Who is financing all the demonstration?

Are you in competition with Prbkk and binjalin for the most backward posts in the thread?

I think you are a threat to them with this post.

• Like 2

RT@veen_NT: Meanwhile, police said there were about 135,000 protesters at 4pm - 135K from all protest grounds combined that is.

What's the population of Thailand?

So you can probably multiply that by 10 then.

Definitely. But why just multiply it by 10? That seems totally abitrary. I'd rather trust the PDRC's FB page myself:

Urban architect academics used maps/acreage to calculate that the protester tally between 17.00-18.00 hours today was approximately 5.6 million.

5.6 Million People, seems fair, bit of a queue for a taxi then?

Been watching B***S** TV on and off all day. I counted 11,365,492 protesters.

Doesn't Suthep think it odd that only Bangkok folks are protesting, and only a fraction of the numbers he reports? It's amazing how little support this guy has.

your having a laugh aren't you or are you blind watch and learn and wait and see for first time in a long time I have some hope that megalomaniac Taksin and his clan will be defatted. But before he is hell try and send in his red thugs again and again. Let him try he will only cause more blood.

Pathetic those who support an evil man and his vanity and pride which if he wins will turn into a one party Taksin state.

ITs a shame their is none willing or able to really stand up for the poor and convince brainwashed to get rid of their danger dictator. IF that happened and Taksin went even I would support such a movement but red shirts have been bought lock stock and barrel and are to stupid to realise they are as Stalin said useful fools.

Well see but it wont end until Taksin is gone or he takes total 100% control and turns Thailand into a police state.

If he and his clan don't just go then this will for certain end in bloody civil war.

When will red shirt Taksin supporters here understand the amount of hate and loathing for Taksin amongst a very large part of people is far greater than bought support he has from most of red thugs although I'm sure their are a few who like poor animals in animal farm really believe he gives a toss for them and not just for his own.

Like animal farm or brave new world by the time the sheep wake up and realise they have been totally done by Taksin it will be to late. Bye Ye poor sheep is Taksin wins. If that happens after 30 years here ill be gone with my This family but its not going to happen overnight. It took many years for Mugabwie, Saddam, Hitler and all rest to cement power and it will take as long for Taksin to do so. He was getting their and thank goodness Suphet has guts to at least even if he does not own stand up to bully in playground.

I am also very aware Suphet and many Thais do not like forang but Imo whatever their view money talks and their wont be any great problem unless of course your one of scum forang here trying to lord it on little (less than 100,000 a month). Thailand and most of us can do without sexpats or those consider they are better and so treat their hosts with contempt.

k

Still talking bigotted rubbish I see.

Those of us with less than 100, 000 a month can do without monied enthusiasts for fascism like you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Definitely. But why just multiply it by 10? That seems totally abitrary. I'd rather trust the PDRC's FB page myself:

Urban architect academics used maps/acreage to calculate that the protester tally between 17.00-18.00 hours today was approximately 5.6 million.

and I counted 12 million soi dogs.

At the end of the day , it's a disastrous result for Suthep. Exactly how many final, absolute final, definitely final " d- days" have there been now. 8 or 9? And now the number of protesters goes down and falls well short of targets ( and their own ridiculous claims of actual numbers). So not satisfied with the people rejecting the suggestion that they remove the elected govt, he issues yet more threats, more deadlines....very tedious , odious man.

<deleted> were you then ... we went to a couple of sites ... 'king packed as was the MRT.............

At the end of the day , it's a disastrous result for Suthep. Exactly how many final, absolute final, definitely final " d- days" have there been now. 8 or 9? And now the number of protesters goes down and falls well short of targets ( and their own ridiculous claims of actual numbers). So not satisfied with the people rejecting the suggestion that they remove the elected govt, he issues yet more threats, more deadlines....very tedious , odious man.
have another glass o' irish whisky father jack. You wouldnt know a disaster if it stared you in the face .Your Ms Shinawatra will find out about disasters
  • Like 1

RT@veen_NT: Meanwhile, police said there were about 135,000 protesters at 4pm - 135K from all protest grounds combined that is.

What's the population of Thailand?

So you can probably multiply that by 10 then.

People's Democratic Reform Committee - PDRC · 9,051 like this2 minutes ago ·

I did count 12,463,784 !!!

And it keeps rising !!!

By midnight (after the soaps on tv) there will be over 20 million protesters !!! Guaranteed !!!!!

Today is G day !!!!

(or D) (or V) (or W) (or ... Whatever).

:D

With this support I don't understand why the Dems are so afraid of participating in elections... ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doesn't Suthep think it odd that only Bangkok folks are protesting, and only a fraction of the numbers he reports? It's amazing how little support this guy has.

That's only because people from the provinces took enough trouble to go to Bangkok.

I think two baht is better.

I have to admit that vote buying is one thing both the democrat and for thai parties do. And since both of the parties know that the act of buying votes will not determine the winner, so they opt to buy the winner instead. If you have been living in Thailand for some time, you should know by now that in each region, there is at least one or two prominent political figures and most likely they'll win the election in their areas. So Thaksin put this idea into practice. He knows he needs only 300 winners, so he'd buy the prominent political figure of each regions who are likely to attain lower house of representatives status into his party. By giving them each 20 millions, he could buy Thailand just under 6 billion bahts or under 200 million USD. Very cheap for buying a country, don't you agree?

Did you know that these same people were being offered 40 million per head to join with the Democrat coalition? Newin's Bhumjaithai party accepted the loot along with three cash generating ministries to run, giving the Democrats enough seats to form a government. The rest, as they say, is history.

i was offered 100 million baht (I would have accepted GBP or Euro) by taksin to get 100 mercenaries and take over Thailand instead of having to go through all this pretence. What a cheapskate so he paid 2000 baht each to al pad of local inexperienced mercenaries and look at result.

Finally - somebody with proof of Thaksin's scheme to take over.

Who have you submitted this proof to?

What you are saying could and should destroy the PTP and all Thaksin influenced politics for the coming years.

When will the courts act upon your evidence?

A post commenting on moderation has been removed. In these hectic times moderators may miss an inflammatory post or other posts in violations of other forum rules, there is a report button you can use to report objectionable content.

Some (not all) inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

If you do not want your posts to be removed, spell peoples's name correctly.

Well forgive me if I don't take your post to seriously- not since those lousy Klingons told me to invade Mars- and wouldn't lift a goddamned finger when I got lost in space.

Seriously though- good post- confirming the suspcion that a lot of foreign supporters of this 'protest' are simply- nuts.

• Like 2

Funny that.

I just been on BBC News Asia, if it is anywhere, it is there.

No mention of it.... just another pro government supporter lying. Strange how most of them lie on here and get found out.

The only thing on there is another wildly inaccurate report from Johnathon 'Dick' Head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25483401

A few hilarious snippets.

'Tens of thousands of opposition-backed protesters have marched through the Thai capital' (try hundreds of thousands).

'The protesters massed at five main intersections,' ( I believe it was 15 plus YL's crib).

'Protests began nearly a month ago' (erm... try almost 2 months ago).

Seriously, does this guy even know what is going on here?

Jonathan Head is a VERY respected journalist and you are a pig ignorant poster

bah.gif As a Brit, I find him an embarrassment,

• Like 1

It looks like what normally happens when you set up a stage with some naff singers in Bangkok - a few hundred people with nothing better to do gather round to watch. Hardly a revolution.

Few hundred ? Do you have evidence and pictures to refute those kindly posted by Nibbles?

If not, then either carry on digging your hole bigger, or stop before you look a bigger prat.

Too many posts here are full of hatred, extremism and insults.

We criticize Thai people for the way they face things in everyday life, but many of us are not really that different, right?

And it's totally appalling to see how some poster get a post against an idea or against some people as an offence thrown to him.

Guys, let's make a big laugh and try to keep a decent level.

I am not making any comments today to avoid being called names or more. This thread became almost unreadable :/

I agree with your observations.

The level of reflexive discussion is unfortunately fallen.

Especially have the sledgehammer one liner posts increased.

Agree 100%

This thread became almost unreadable :/

555 You are telling me these retarded politicians were willing to accept 20 millions from Thaksin but not 40 million from democrat. I guess either they are really retarded or you don't know what you are talking about.

Btw I don't think they'll have to give Newin anything but the ministry titles. 40 million bahts is like spared change compared to the misnistry titles. I heard you need to pay 500 million bahts awhile back, so Newin's party got 3 making it worths over 1.5 billion.

Dude I'm kon Thai. I was born and raised here. My mother tongue is Thai. I've been following Thaksin news since 2002. Tell me something I don't know about Thaksin and his goons, I'll be very very surprised.

'i was offered 100 million baht (I would have accepted GBP or Euro) by taksin to get 100 mercenaries and take over Thailand instead of having to go through all this pretence. What a cheapskate so he paid 2000 baht each to al pad of local inexperienced mercenaries and look at result.'

I gotta say this could be the best one today.

I am sure Thaksin really believes that 100 mercenaries would just stroll in under your command and the entire RT Army, Navy, Air Force, Police, SWAT, Government and 68 million Thais would instantly capitulate.

Totally believable lol.

I should be careful what you post here, this is public and permanently documented unless the admins want it removed. Someone may see this and take it seriously enough to report it. Even if they don't believe it... they may well be pissed off enough to give you a whole heap of problems.

It looks like what normally happens when you set up a stage with some naff singers in Bangkok - a few hundred people with nothing better to do gather round to watch. Hardly a revolution.

Few hundred ? Do you have evidence and pictures to refute those kindly posted by Nibbles?

If not, then either carry on digging your hole bigger, or stop before you look a bigger prat.

Looks to be a few here

post-17329-0-54314900-1387724098_thumb.j

I' m pretty sure November 24th was to be the final day, with a million or two guarenteed to be on the streets, a month later we have 70,000 and his promise to hand himself in to face charges of insurrection and murder is looking a bit hollow

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682446-suthep-declares-nov-24-demise-of-thaksin-regime/

No- it will be the first day. And not the final day.

It will be the day that is remembered as the Fort Sumter of the Thai civil war. Or the swearing in of the Confederate cabiinet.

Rarely do I agree with the soundbites from the Thai military- but this time- they could be right.