Another hour wasted in Thailand I will never get back

longballlarry

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.png So i 'm not the only one that's getting aggrevated by the thai workingmentality. I do most things myself but no haircuts (yet).

I have visited many company's with a huge sign outside "BAKERY" , when i go in their shop they have 4 slices of pie for sale and a bag of cooky's.

Went to the garage with my wife and her car and told them to balance the wheels. They started lining out them wheels. When i told them that was allready done (by an other garage who could not even place those reflectors/mirrors properly on the rims) they told my wife that it was important to do that first so they continued doing that.

I needed a new battery for my notebook, went to Phuntip and found a batteryshop. I asked him how much it would cost and that was 1700. I decided to see other shops at well and came back to the first shop. There were 3 people behind the counter and the guy who helped me before was busy with another customer and then walked away with the customer. The other 2 didn't help me but started opening boxes. After 5 minutes i took my old battery of the counter and walked away when they called me back. Now he wanted to help me but i refused.

I wanted some jackfruit from a vendor, told him i wanted for 50 baht. Then he got a phonecall and after 5 minutes i still didn't have them, they were allready peeled in a bowl. I walked away again.

Many Thai have a villagers mentality, even in BKK. My wife would never walk away because she also has that mentality. They seem to not realise that there are plenty of vendors/shops who all sell the same product. If i get treated like that i won't come back.

Also for jackfruit i have been waiting for them when they are still peeling the fruits and then a local friend orders in the meantime and they do that order first. So when i think my fruits are ready they keep them apart for the friend and i have to wait for them to peel more. When they don't have customers waiting they start playing with their phone instead of peeling a stock of fruit for the next customer that might come.

I 'm happy with my barber though, costs 150 baht but i never have to wait because it is not busy there. I have been there sometimes before 1 o'clock. The shop is open then but they don't cut yet so i have to come back later. I know that now so that's fine.

I'm in a song tau making the turn at the corner to head to the mall. A girl wearing a short black skirt in he hair salon starts waving almost hysterically. She's cute. So I stop. Walk to the shop. Me, "whats the problem (yes I can say that in Thai)" She, "I want to cut your hair ohhh, yes please?" So I get a haircut 60 baht and give her 500 baht tip. It was a really good haircut.biggrin.png

I hope this story doesn't end there

I know what you were thinking. You were hoping to spend some time with some cute Thai girls ooying and ahing over your adorable child while you starred at their cleavage and when that did not happen you got pissed off and mutilated your child's hair at home and then took yet another long shower.

Cleavage,,,,,,,,Thailand.......your kidding right?

Cleavage,,,,,,,,Thailand.......you're kidding right?

Is that what you meant?

If you've never seen tits in Thailand, you haven't been looking in the right places.

• Like 2

re

Has it gone up a lot in the past 10 years ? my hair cut was always £1

a mans haircut in a grim one eyed shop in reading

england was 9 quid in april 11 ... oaps was six quid

in chiang mai ive used the same man for seven years

and he charges me 60 baht

just over a quid ! .. a bargain :)

dave2

ps .. if you get it cut for 40 baht good for you but i and probably nobody else is interested !

post-42592-0-67727100-1387881251_thumb.j

post-42592-0-56391900-1387881290_thumb.j

• Like 2

I'm in a song tau making the turn at the corner to head to the mall. A girl wearing a short black skirt in he hair salon starts waving almost hysterically. She's cute. So I stop. Walk to the shop. Me, "whats the problem (yes I can say that in Thai)" She, "I want to cut your hair ohhh, yes please?" So I get a haircut 60 baht and give her 500 baht tip. It was a really good haircut.biggrin.png

was the shop called lolita's by any chance?tongue.png

• Like 1

I think it did (just before the 500 baht tip).
  • Like 1

I have my barber on Line.

I'll walk by and if they're busy I give the sign I want a haircut and they know to message me.

Only problem is the message reads - "okey I do you now"

Maybe he's disappointed when you only go back for a shot back and sides Todd

I think it did (just before the 500 baht tip).

I think you are questioning my veracity. I'll have you know I'm not a wannabe expat or Virtual Virgin. I live in Thailand with all the benefits and not so beneficial things that go with that status. And further, Christmas tree lights don't always mean Happy Christmas!