Foreign Tour Operators Taking Thai Jobs

Rimmer

I’ve taught English in four S/E Asian countries and Thailand is by far the laziest bunch of learners I’ve ever encountered and the Thai English teachers are a fuc_king joke!!!! Yes, I’m sure you all know this already. If the GD Thais want a job as tour operators learn some GD English. I work with Chinese teachers who speak four languages and English is they’re best.

Off topic… Why are Thai guys so scared to stand next to a foreigner when taking a piss?

Yes true, off the topic...some night clubs offer messages while you re-leave yourself, offer a back message or cold towel on the back on neck...nice..like a boxer going to his corner after a bout..attention..attention...I like!

I nearly jumped out of my skin the first time a washroom attendant in a Tawandaeng tried to massage my shoulders when I was taking a leak. I quickly learned that when they spot a farang they sometimes cannot be even waved off. So now when I'm in a Thai 'country bar', I wait until my bladder is near bursting and then make my way to a stall rather than a urinal. I may be old-fashioned, but I believe that 1) pissing and massage should be kept separate and 2) massage is best done by a pretty young lady when I'm lying down, not standing in front of a urinal. So how did we get on to this topic? :-)

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Will people from neigboring countries be able to live and work here like the eu? That would seem like a shok to the system here."

As someone posted above, the Thai government has already restricted the jobs that will be opened up to other AEC members to about eight professional categories. They obviously realise the limitations of their own people and are anticipating the changes in 2015

I am still looking for some Thais to work on my farm in Issan. I may have to hire foreigners. Correction, I keep thinking the farang way. I bought the land so of course I figure.... but the land really belongs to my wife. Quite interesting how this people know when it is time to collect money and go home since they don't know the time when they are supposed to start in the morning. Of course I know some people like this in the US left coast who operate the same way

I’ve taught English in four S/E Asian countries and Thailand is by far the laziest bunch of learners I’ve ever encountered and the Thai English teachers are a fuc_king joke!!!! Yes, I’m sure you all know this already. If the GD Thais want a job as tour operators learn some GD English. I work with Chinese teachers who speak four languages and English is they’re best.

Off topic… Why are Thai guys so scared to stand next to a foreigner when taking a piss?

Yes true, off the topic...some night clubs offer messages while you re-leave yourself, offer a back message or cold towel on the back on neck...nice..like a boxer going to his corner after a bout..attention..attention...I like!

I nearly jumped out of my skin the first time a washroom attendant in a Tawandaeng tried to massage my shoulders when I was taking a leak. I quickly learned that when they spot a farang they sometimes cannot be even waved off. So now when I'm in a Thai 'country bar', I wait until my bladder is near bursting and then make my way to a stall rather than a urinal. I may be old-fashioned, but I believe that 1) pissing and massage should be kept separate and 2) massage is best done by a pretty young lady when I'm lying down, not standing in front of a urinal. So how did we get on to this topic? :-)

maybe because some homophobic feelings where awakened hahahaha

You, bloody foreigners, you come to our country....take our jobs......marry to our women and HAVE children with them......can't speak properly our language, etc. etc.

I'm trying to remember....in which country....did I hear the above comments before!whistling.gif

I doubt animosity exists about farangs marrying thai women as the majority of the women (wrongly or rightly) are perceived domestically as low desirability.

Thai men are not very high on the list of the desirables by Thai women

• Like 1

"This is to address issues regarding security of tourists by fraud, intimidation, threatening physical harm both on tourists and tour operators which was happening on a daily basis"....

...that describes the Thai Tourism...what do Westerners have to do with it....besides being the victims.....

...(see post of UK couple returning from overseas...obviously set up by the management...knowing their time of arrival...and intimate habits...)

...basically Thai criminals receive protection from the police...so that they can continue their crimes against foreigners....now the DSI....

Again i an sorrycoffee1.gif to say that, but as i know thailand and thais, in my opinion, foreigners are not taking thai jobs at allwelcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g ......they are just doing what thais dont know how to do..! as usual !

Especially in the tourism areaviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif , they don't know the peolpe, they don't know foreign languages, they don't know how to work propely, they don't know our test, what we like etc etc ...., they know nothing about us, only that we are all farang with money. ..and thats exactly what they are looking for...our money man...they don't give a shit about us, but they love the smell of our money!

so i have an honest idea coffee1.gif for the government and for the thais who are complaining on that photo in pataya:

-thai tour operator only for thais wai2.gif

-farang tour operator only for farang drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

fair enough..no?.. where is the problem?

i have also another great idea for the government:

make it simple man !beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

1) 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif close thai frontier to all farang

2) 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif kick all foreigners out of thailand

3) wai2.gif make thailand only for thais. wai2.gif

should be easy to do......like this it will be clear for the farang not to come, no to investdrunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif , not to buy a house on our wife name burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif , a car , tools etc etc , not to take care of a big thai familyxpartytime2.gif.pagespeed.ic.V_K7hML3fS. free paquet who come also with the wife , no to pay for a stupid visa, and not to have all our money blocked in a bank account for edgescrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif , again just for a new visa.and more ...and more...!

because that's just all disgusting !!bah.gif

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

Yes, they should really be jailed to get rid of all these Rus....

they are talking about foreign tour operators not russian tour operators.....so ...it is not because u dont like russian that somebody should be jailed ...bah.gif

to think the brain need also proteins perhaps it is time for u to start eat some meat again coffee1.gif .

You think its bad now?

Wait till Asean 2015. Then you will see how many Thais will have their jobs taken by foreigners.

For a sneak preview, go look at the UK right now.

Well it would certainly be nice to be younger but the way things are now I am happy to be old enough to be retired. Wish My parents had been better off. The trust fund babies have it made.

What's wrong with foreigners?

We have a broader view of the world...we most of us study in Universities and have degrees. Wrong with foreigners is that we have an education and business ideas on management. We organize ourselves and follow through on commitments. We North American and Europeans explore...have you heard of any Thai's embarking on a sea journey to explore any new lands back in the days of wooden boats and sails? Wrong we have not inter-bread within families.

What we do not have is a great spread of wealth to so many few in a non-colonized country. 80% of population are in agriculture fields...yes a simple life and strong family ties.

There is no right or wrong with foreigners we are guiding Thailand into a new development, thou the scene with the political situation may high-lite the need more education to the young Thai's on what can be done to re-boot Thai thinking we are not invaders of their country.

What you say is correct. but you leave out the negative side. We are destroying their culture with are materialism first then if you happen to have time for them the family. Slowly but surely we are destroying it.

Is that some thing we should be proud of?

And how many Thais are working abroad taking away jobs from the locals there? I'd bet a bunch.

Sadly you would be rite about working abroad.

I can't say as it is good for the Thai's as I have heard to many stories of exploitation of them. But I can say they are filling jobs that many people in the foreign countries feel are beneath them. It is really a reflection on many societies.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif great post clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Many Thais will lose their job to foreigners after ASEAN kicks in because of better education and better English ability of neighboring countries. I think Thailand will try to partially opt out and keep the protectionism but enjoy the free trade and outbound employee migration.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Will there better education and better English speaking skills help them to harvest more rice in the paddies. Or produce more parts on a production line. 66,000,000 Thais in thailand let us say how many of them are working? At a guess 45,000,000 Now how many of those jobs need English to do? Possibly 1,000,000. The positions are all ready filled. What are the positions that an English speaking Cambodian is going to take away from a Thai who is doing the job now. If English is required they will obviously be speaking it. There are students in schools right now learning English plus many schools that only teach English. The need for English speaking employes will not be that much more than what we have now.

As for the tourist industry maybe they should concentrate on Chinese and Russian.whistling.gif

Yes, they should really be jailed to get rid of all these Rus....

they are talking about foreign tour operators not russian tour operators.....so ...it is not because u dont like russian that somebody should be jailed ...bah.gif

to think the brain need also proteins perhaps it is time for u to start eat some meat again coffee1.gif .

From your post, Mr. Vincent.:they don't know our test Guess you meant taste?

A lot of Thais I know know more than you might know. I hope that you know that I know that not too many people know that Russians are no foreigners.

Please feed your brain now. I know now what you don't know now. coffee1.gif

Why did my Thai friend study at a university to become a tour guide, making 10 K a month and supporting her Isaan family???

Working at a restaurant in the evening seven days a week to have money for a living, while studying.

Her English's pretty good and she knows Thailand much better than most foreigners, you know?

Why should a Thai guide be jobless, just because of people like you?

You made the most professional post today. Russians are not foreigners in Russia only-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

I’ve taught English in four S/E Asian countries and Thailand is by far the laziest bunch of learners I’ve ever encountered and the Thai English teachers are a joke!!!! Yes, I’m sure you all know this already. If the GD Thais want a job as tour operators learn some GD English. I work with Chinese teachers who speak four languages and English is they’re best.

You might have realized that many TVF members are married to Thais, some work as teachers, many are just retired and enjoy life here.

If you’d taught English in Thailand, you should know that it’s the system that sucks.Learners don't create such a system, they've to grow up in/with it.

My son’s also on weekends at school and they’d just won a final competition in English. Would you call him a lazy learner?

My Thai friend’s English ( the tour guide) is outstanding and it took a long and hard time for her to reach her goal.

So your Chinese colleagues speak better English than they speak Chinese?

English is they’re best doesn't sound right in my ears..................

To answer your off topic question:

They’re so scared to stand next to you when taking a piss, because they don’t want you to lose face with your tiny aeeh sense of humor. -coffee1.gif

When I employed people, the best man or woman got the job. If Thais are not getting jobs then they obviously are lacking in some areas of the job description. They should be looking at improving their skills like everyone else does in the world.

• Like 1

Thais will not be able to perform as tour operator as they are too stupid and to lazy to learn the language of their customers properly.

Result: foreign tourists will go to other destinations. THAT takes Thai jobs away.

But again, top officials are too stupid to understand that,.

Just wait and see when Myanmar is really open. Then half of Thai tourist industry will be out of work.

I doubt animosity exists about farangs marrying thai women as the majority of the women (wrongly or rightly) are perceived domestically as low desirability.

I always get a kick out of that myth. To the working class man in Thailand, you know, the guys you encounter every single day, any woman is desirable. The only guys who are not interested in "dark skinned" women, who I assume you are talking about, are the whiter skinned, usually wealthier Chinese / Thai group, as they stick to their own and often view the farm girls as peasants. Besides, many of the women who do see foreigners have Thai boyfriends and husbands. Even some of the ones who marry foreigners!

It is not wealthy Thais, or light skinned Thais who attack foreigners with bottles and sticks. It's always the dark skinned working man.

Edited by Tokay
  • Like 1

One post removed, if you have a problem with the English used in the original post, please take it up with the source do not post your dis pleasure on here it is off topic.

Almost in every new thread there some, who are not happy with our city English language newspapers.

May I suggest to these people who insist flawless English from a Pattaya newspaper, to find these Pattaya news reports in New York Times, Im sure you wont find a single grammar error in NYT. Or maybe read local Thai papers.

I am sure there are Thai newspapers in Pattaya, that cover crime news, politics, in Thai language, and Im sure in flaless Thai. Get your news from there!

Thailand needs to GROW UP !!!!! I mean it's 2014 for god sake. I remember when I first came here and did not know 1 Thai word how difficult it was to get ANYTHING done.

For a country that calls themselves a "Tourist Hub" they sure as heck don't try to teach English very well and yeah ASEAN will be an eye opener for Thailand

Edited by Gone
  • Like 1

And how many Thais are working abroad taking away jobs from the locals there? I'd bet a bunch.

But these countries do not limit the professions that can be done by foreigners. And honestly speaking, most do work in the horizontal business.

I had a student and guided her through her education from high school to university. Now she's working as a tour guide.

As we became good friends and me having a Thai family, I wouldn't be happy if a Russian arsehol_e would take her job. Excuse my language, it's Christmas.

Happy New Mia Noi!-wai2.gifcoffee1.gif

"horizontal business" Any pun intended?

Indeed. Rethought it and came to the conclusion that "horizontal cheerleader" seems to be a better description of mentioned business.

Please see: http://www.thespoof.com/news/sport/82056/wayne-rooneys-prostitute-juicy-jen-says-i-am-not-a-call-girl-but-a-horizontal-cheerleader#this

Thais will not be able to perform as tour operator as they are too stupid and to lazy to learn the language of their customers properly.

Result: foreign tourists will go to other destinations. THAT takes Thai jobs away.

But again, top officials are too stupid to understand that,.

Just wait and see when Myanmar is really open. Then half of Thai tourist industry will be out of work.

Thai Bashing on Thai Visa Forum at its Best. My family and Thai friends are neither stupid, nor lazy. -wai2.gif

'.. and the chief of the Illegal influential people suppression operating center, to prevent and suppress the influential people that are threating areas of Pattaya and Chonburi.'

LOL

I think they are going to make a tv series based on Yes Minister . This certainly sounds like sir Humphrey Appleby .

• Like 2