Abhisit says foreign diplomats concerned about Surapong's claims

webfact

Abhisit says foreign diplomats concerned about Surapong's claims

212970-imagepng-325093-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva today said that foreign diplomats have expressed their concern over the repeated claims by the Center for the Administration for Peace and Order (CAPO) about increasing number of foreign communities throwing support to the government’s February 2 general election.

In a live interview with Blue Sky Channel, Abisit said he was also concerned about claims by CAPO head Surapong Tovichaikul of more foreign countries giving support to the election.

In fact, Mr Abisit said after having met with several foreign diplomats, they expressed concern over the rising hostile feelings towards foreign media and countries among the Thai peoples.

He said he has to explain to them that it was because the CAPO head has made repeated announcement on numbers of countries giving support to the government’s February 2 election.

Mr Abhisit sad in fact foreign countries merely voiced support to resolve the conflict peacefully and legitimacy through democratic means of election.

This was what they should react and issue statement just in principle in response to the situation in a country, he said.

But Mr Surapong was dragging these countries into the country’s internal affair and into the conflict which was no good to the country’s image.

He said he has also explained to foreign diplomats that if the Thai people disliked CNN reports about the situation, it did not mean that the Thai people would hate American people.

Thai people remained friendly with the Americans or any country of which its media has reportedly inaccurately, he said.

He then called on Mr Surapong who is also foreign minister to stop what he called “dragging” foreign countries to side with the government instead of promoting understanding and strengthening the current good relations.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-says-foreign-diplomats-concerned-surapongs-claims/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-25

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The actions/verbal garbage/threats made by the newly appointed head of CAPO, are just part of his job description as per his cousin. The actions, press releases, etc he has been on record as doing/making would indicate that he was the Shin's family "resident of the village woodpile" prior to being elevated to political gopher status

Edited by slapout

What Abhistit is saying is countries like the US are stating the elections in Thailand are fair and democratic when they know darn well they are not.

The US has many interests in Thailand with their war machine companies, Lockheed Martin etc and the ever so invasive drug companies like Merck and Glaxo Smith Kline. Not to mention Monsanto is pretty well embedded into the Thai agriculture. Taksin was the reason they got in and they don't want to lose their strategic investments. Good on Abhisit for knowing what's going on and what they are up to. Are foreign diplomats, especially the US war machine concerned they are going to lose their inside connection to Thailand? You bet they are!

Oh to know so much in just one lifetime.

• Like 2

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

Will you never admit this man is wrong? He says that CAPO are misrepresenting what other countries are saying without any reference to what his buddy in arms suthep has to do with the "hostile feelings towards the foreign media". CAPO saying that more foreign countries are supporting elections as part of the democratic process has nothing to do with how the foreign media or it's citizens are perceived. Where is the misrepresentation in CAPO's statement?

He is head of a political party that has boycotted the election and has therefore decided not to concern itself with Thai politics.

He is irrelevant.

• Like 1

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

Will you never admit this man is wrong? He says that CAPO are misrepresenting what other countries are saying without any reference to what his buddy in arms suthep has to do with the "hostile feelings towards the foreign media". CAPO saying that more foreign countries are supporting elections as part of the democratic process has nothing to do with how the foreign media or it's citizens are perceived. Where is the misrepresentation in CAPO's statement?

He is head of a political party that has boycotted the election and has therefore decided not to concern itself with Thai politics.

He is irrelevant.

Why would he reference what Suthep is doing when he is talking about CAPO misrepresenting what foreign governments are saying?

• Like 2

If Abisit was having to make excuses to diplomats that were concerned instead of apologies and reassurances then all I can say is his credibility and respect as a re emerging leader will be dropping like a stone. No one likes or wants excuses, they want reassurance and solutions. Dosn't look to me like hes capable of either, probably because hes not a leader and never has been. Just like his opposition. Welcome to more of the puppet show.

• Like 2

What Abhistit is saying is countries like the US are stating the elections in Thailand are fair and democratic when they know darn well they are not.

Go for it gr8fldanielle so when did the US say this, and where? seems you are twisting just as much as Abhisit is. Not a problem I say, if reality is not what you would like it to be, why not lie about it??

biggrin.png

Merry Xmas!

• Like 1

This whole thing has gone bonkers. Most Americans just want Thais to find Thai solutions to Thai problems. I respect the autonomy of the Thai people. I respect their beautiful uniqueness. I respect the concept of saving face, it is difficult for me, but it is also polite to any two parties addressing each other. I highly respect the King, who I hold to be the greatest living King on Earth.

The protesters never should have threatened to storm the US embassy. Now they have our economic assassins in play. My government is dangerous. You threaten them at your own peril. I do not support attacking any country for limited gains, but you started this, my beloved Thais. You brought a knife to a gunfight.sad.png Please do not do this. I also love my people and hate my government, but my government is dangerous. I speak the truth to you. Please do not provoke them again, they even kill Americans who provoke them...

This whole thing is sad. I weep on Christmas day.

The US has many interests in Thailand with their war machine companies, Lockheed Martin etc and the ever so invasive drug companies like Merck and Glaxo Smith Kline. Not to mention Monsanto is pretty well embedded into the Thai agriculture. Taksin was the reason they got in and they don't want to lose their strategic investments. Good on Abhisit for knowing what's going on and what they are up to. Are foreign diplomats, especially the US war machine concerned they are going to lose their inside connection to Thailand? You bet they are!

Huh? Did you read the same article I read?

'war machine companies' and 'ever so invasive drug companies'?

I'm curious, which of the two countries do you think needs the other most?

"The United States is Thailand's second largest trading partner after Japan; in 2006 merchandise imports from Thailand totaled $22.5 billion, and merchandise exports totaled $8.2 billion. The U.S., Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and the European Union are among Thailand's largest foreign investors. American investment, concentrated in the petroleum and chemicals, finance, consumer products, and automobile production sectors, is estimated at $21 billion."

• Like 2

Thai voters will never trust the Abhist/Suthep conspiracy as they in the majority trust PTP.

If Abhist/Suthep have their way Thailand will suffer just as badly as it did back when the Democrats were last in power. When the party's inability to discipline unwieldy coalition members led to political paralysis and financial mayhem. Instead of taking decisive action to gird the economy, politicians seemed to spend more of their time squabbling with each other and cooking up corrupt deals that alienated the public. No one wants a repeat of that painful period in Thai history.

No one except Abhist/Suthep.

No one wants their country to be run by a criminal in another country, let the gutless wonder return, if he wants. At this point, i really believe that the best thing to do, would be drop the conviction and all charges against the eunich from afar. Then let him explain to the Thai people why he doesn't come back to to face the millions who hate his guts. As far as that goes, it looks like the gutless streak runs in the family....all the way to Issan.

Maybe Abhisit, Suthep, and Yingluck should stop to involve external governments, as they not play any part in their game now.

Citing or boasting about Embassies or Foreign Government, twisting their opinion to their use is just a dirty and silly game.

By the way, Khun Somchai from Loei, or from Nakhon Si Thammarat, or from Chiang Rai, will not give a dam_n of what a Foreign Government, Embassy, or diplomat...

Abhisit could be a good politician, but sometimes really can't do without follow the silly circus.

• Like 1

smile.png

No hesitation to tell porkies.

In reality he doesn't care what the other countries think about him, and his less than truthful comments.

He's just trying to make Thai people believe that other countries support his regime.

Less than honest / no hesitation to twist what others say.

Is this guy appropriate to occupy the very senior position of foreign minister?

Surapong?

• Like 1

If you would have been talking to protestors last Sunday in Bangkok you wouldn't make these kind of statements.

I recommend you to have a walk along the protest stages and see what is going on and who is supporting reform.

99% of all foreigners I know and spoke, support reform because they see how this country has been mismanaged more than 2.5 years (or 10 years if you will).

WAGs are not always the best source of info here in LOS.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2