Now I understand the Russian Ignorance

Gone

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I go to that blind massage and this year in the common rooms every time when there are Russians in there they talk and yell throughout the whole time they are there. The Thai massage rooms have huge signs requesting quiet in Russian. They are not drinking there. Also at my condo pool they are extremely loud and effect the enjoyment of all and wake those in the early morning within ear shot. Also at restaurants they scream across the room for whet they want and disrupt all patrons. Quiet enjoyment does not exist. I truly am not a prejudice person but as a culture in mass here they tend to be extremely loud and frankly care nothing about societal communal enjoyment. How should we respond? Having polite conversations does not work. They actually do not even respond when you respond in kind. There was two women blocking the walkway talking with each other and several people said excuse me in Russian and they did not move then one just pushed them and they moved no problem. So politeness foes not always work.

• Like 1

I have NEVER seen Brits act like that. Maybe you should take your children elsewhere rather then Down town Pattaya? I have had breakfast and have never seen these "Brits" screaming profanities at 8:00 am.

Drunk Brits are like boarding school boys, compared to a company of drunk Russians.

You should have been in Damrak in Amsterdam in November then.

You could have witnessed the most Disgusting Display of Drunken , Bullying , Brawling out of Control Brits I have ever seen . In fact 'Disgusting' is too polite a word to describe the groups I saw.

Alcohol, Drugs, Bad Manners , Oafishness , Bullying are not descriptions just for Russians they apply to every bad mannered idiot in Public who lack Self Respect & Respect for others.

Last week in Bali the Aussies put on a Great display of Drunken Oafs when we were there.

The more I travel the more I witness of outlandish public drunken behaviour & in the majority of cases it would appear to me that the same would not behave at Home in the same way.

I've said it before , I am Positive that many Tourists in Thailand & other Countries leave their Common Sense at the Immigration Counter as they enter

coffee1.gif

What if you guys were playing your music and a large Russian group came into the bar and wanted to hear their music and not yours. Would that have been ok ? It is however the owners responsibility to sort there matters. It is his business and if he is not willing to take care of it then it is time to find another bar. Just saying .....

You haven't run in to to many Brits in Pattaya, have you ? They are not very much different ...

Try to take your kids for breakfast at 8 am anywhere downtown Pattaya, and you get the

bold guys sitting with their beers and screaming profanities ....

Perhaps you should spend a little more and not take the wife and kids to Crazy Dave's for breakfast!

You encountered a particularly unpleasant group of Russians. Very likely Siberians, most Russians here are from Siberian part of Russia. There is no other nationality that can compete with drunk, uneducated, vulgar, arrogant Russian. Russians from Moscow and parts of country closer to Europe, dispise them and feel embarrased they carry the same passport. They have a name for them, it roughly translation is savage. Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is true.

The Chinese instigated resources boom had lead to the sons of the Gulag ( prison)system now having money. Siberia is only a 6 hour flight across China and is not renown for its weather.

Thus the most brutish of the former Soviet Union have found a playground...

Sounds like a management issue. Ten paying customers should not expect to be overtaken by a "private" party. They are probably spending a considerable amount of money and this may be a big night out for them just as it is for you with a private party. Try to understand their perspective too. If the owner cannot explain or compensate his patrons for private parties in some way that is not your problem.

One minute people are bitching about the Russians not spending in a bar and the next minute they are bitching when they do lol.

Seems like you might have posted just from reading the main OP and none of my other comments?

1) They were NOT "overtaken" by us. We invited them to stck around and enjoy the night with us and even offered the microphone to them to sing a song with us. Once we stopped their 2 hours of them playing their Russian music and we started playing live, THEY chose to leave and we were all quite friendly to them on their departure.

2) They got there before we (musicians) did and the Thai bar owner being 68 does not speak Russian and accomodated them very well I think by letting them take over his restaraunt/Bar. They got great service and his staff was enjoying dancing with them on the floor etc.

3) By the time we got there they had been there playing their music for 1 hour and we explained to the 1 English speaking guy what was going on and still let them play their tunes for another hour and we were always smiling at them, toasting them, accomodating them and trying to be friendly and AGAIN welcomed them to stay and enjoy a mix of Thai/Farang music.

4) I don't think that the owner when he built his place 30 years ago was expecting Russians to come in and as his place is a little out of the way we were also quite surprised where they came from however again they were more then welcomed.

In their defence, on their way out they were all happy, smiling and waving at us as we played and saying Merry X-Mas etc. and they did enjoy the 15 minutes that they heard us play and also danced

But again I must say they don't conduct themselves like most other I have met. When in Rome.....

• Like 2

You haven't run in to to many Brits in Pattaya, have you ? They are not very much different ...

Try to take your kids for breakfast at 8 am anywhere downtown Pattaya, and you get the

bold guys sitting with their beers and screaming profanities ....

this is so true. Worse at night time when they are half cut and speaking so loud about the football.... like they want everyone to hear their boring voices

Drunken idiots are in every culture. That is a given and I accept that in pattaya. My issue with Russians is with every day enjoyment they disrupt the environment and do not care. It is the loud attitude and disrespect of everyone else that I have an issue with. Wh goes into a massage parlor and speaks so loud non stop for an hour plus when have many signs in Russian requesting quiet please. The grocery, the restaurants, the beach, the pool everywhere they are the loudest and extremely rude.

It might have to do with the Class of Russians they are.

To be honest I have only seen them around tukcom etc but this group were not a group of "drunks" and they were just out having fun on x-mas eve and we understand that. There were couples and they wern't the "no t-shirt in a Speedo" type of a crowd I think.

I think it is just their cultural ways maybe and they don't realize they are being ignorant to other cultures and maybe if they spoke decent English it might have been different.

They seemed like a decent group to be honest and like I said were maybe tipsy as many are on x-mas eve and only out for a good time however they could have showed a bit more respect to others I feel.

We wern't trying to make it an "us and them" type scenario but just wanted them to understand and maybe it is cultural like I say but to just point at their chests and say "Russian Russian, NO No" wasn't the nicest way to be part of a group.

I am not prejuduce in any way and I might even end up working in Kasakstan one day but I will tell you, if I do, I won't be walking into a bar there and taking over their bar and putting Newfie music on without asking permission.

• Like 1

As i see it ,Pattaya has become the "Benidorm" that the Poorer British holiday maker used to go to on a Thompson" all in holiday years ago, for the Russians ,so you tend to get the lager lout brigade with little money and even less manners ,but having had a buisness many many years exporting to a communist state ,i found ,to my downfall that they were ignorant lying cheating bastards to a man that we had to deal with. and honestly that was their good side ,i could really tell you stories about their bad side.sad.png

And the reputation just grows in Asia. Just seeing locals spitting and using harsh language many times after "quality" turists have left. They seem to get "friends" wherever they go...and yes I have few Russian friends who know how to behave, so this does not mean that all of them belong to this group of great persons. Anyway, I don't see too big difference when comparing comrades from my home turf, which is common feeling I believe. Few cases beer, several bottles of whisky/vodka and here we go, having fun is pretty far away, at least when you need to follow it from a distance. And the next morning, turning back to quiet and shy individuals who hardly communicate with each other, any other way than sending messages side by side around the breakfast table burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Drunks of any nationality can act bad. I am an Aussie and have seen 1 or 2 drunk Aussies and many other nationalities acting a lot worse than what you describe. No one was threatened, punched, stabbed, physically attacked or shot, but HOW has this topic made it to 2 pages as I thought that rule number 7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Hmmm Moderator Moderator where are you..? Maybe having a few drinks for Christmas?, ok, I forgive you ...

Only seen 1 or 2 drunk Aussies?? And that's even before you leave Oz.

Try us Brits, we could all get together in competition, better than a cricket match (ouch, sore subject).

Am sure the Mod Gods like a break along with the rest of us. I think everyone are keeping their posts civilised, maybe something to do with Christmas spirit, goodwill etc.

Have a good New Year

You can only make a judgement from your own experiences. Mine with Russians never been good. Sorry if it

Is judged russian bashing but you can only judge and comment as found.

Example ... At my condo complex a cone stops people parking / blocking access to a drinking water dispensor.

One day my access was blocked by a motorbike and the cone thrown in a hedge. I had to struggle stepping over the hedge.

So I retrieved the cone and put it behind the offending bike.

The Russian and his wife appeared by coincidence 30 seconds later, saw the cone and seemed very angry someone was possibly being sarcastic.

I pointed to the water dispensor and access being blocked. He was a temporary 1 or 2 week holiday resident not permanent. He thus assumed it, rightly,was me being sarcastic.

He was a big brute and come at me very angry, pointing threateningly and saying in broken English "You not touch, You not touch".

Half my age and twice my size. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I just lost it and took the piss. "Oh you BIG tough man eh" as I did a body builder arm pose and shoutd back. When he belatedly noticed a nearby complex security guy (who did nothing) he almost ran off. I dont think he was intimidated by me !!!! He was threatening violence but knew a uniformed witness might land him in trouble.

I have witnessed many other examples of their ignorance and bad manners around the pool and gym.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Lack of English sets the Russians apart from the rest. Good and bad everywhere but Pattaya has allot of scumbags from everywhere. Thais and foreigners. You need to try and avoid certain places. Soi Bua Khao has some real characters hasn't it. Ever seen the Movie Mad Max Beyond The Thunderdome? Bartertown looks allot like Soi Bua Khao

• Like 1

You can only make a judgement from your own experiences. Mine with Russians never been good. Sorry if it Is judged russian bashing but you can only judge and comment as found. Example ... At my condo complex a cone stops people parking / blocking access to a drinking water dispensor. One day my access was blocked by a motorbike and the cone thrown in a hedge. I had to struggle stepping over the hedge. So I retrieved the cone and put it behind the offending bike. The Russian and his wife appeared by coincidence 30 seconds later, saw the cone and seemed very angry someone was possibly being sarcastic. I pointed to the water dispensor and access being blocked. He was a temporary 1 or 2 week holiday resident not permanent. He thus assumed it, rightly,was me being sarcastic. He was a big brute and come at me very angry, pointing threateningly and saying in broken English "You not touch, You not touch". Half my age and twice my size. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just lost it and took the piss. "Oh you BIG tough man eh" as I did a body builder arm pose and shoutd back. When he belatedly noticed a nearby complex security guy (who did nothing) he almost ran off. I dont think he was intimidated by me !!!! He was threatening violence but knew a uniformed witness might land him in trouble. I have witnessed many other examples of their ignorance and bad manners around the pool and gym. Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

he probably thought he might kill you so had to walk away or he would stomp you

post-191980-0-54962500-1388032989.jpg

post-191980-0-85973500-1388033032_thumb.

Thing is between most cultures the problem is a common language. Had the English guys spoken passable Russian it would not have happened. Had the Russians spoken good English it would have been better. Because both countries are to stuborn to learn their arch rivals language i propose to let Dutch be the new world language. cheesy.gif

But seriously language is often the problem, i have gotten much more comfortable with Thais after speaking enough to make a bit of conversation. The moment you can communicate things always improve. Unless of course you got drunken idiots and all countries have those. I am sure back home you had a group of idiots you hated too.. guess what.. they travel too and represent you guys.

• Like 1

You can only make a judgement from your own experiences. Mine with Russians never been good. Sorry if it Is judged russian bashing but you can only judge and comment as found. Example ... At my condo complex a cone stops people parking / blocking access to a drinking water dispensor. One day my access was blocked by a motorbike and the cone thrown in a hedge. I had to struggle stepping over the hedge. So I retrieved the cone and put it behind the offending bike. The Russian and his wife appeared by coincidence 30 seconds later, saw the cone and seemed very angry someone was possibly being sarcastic. I pointed to the water dispensor and access being blocked. He was a temporary 1 or 2 week holiday resident not permanent. He thus assumed it, rightly,was me being sarcastic. He was a big brute and come at me very angry, pointing threateningly and saying in broken English "You not touch, You not touch". Half my age and twice my size. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just lost it and took the piss. "Oh you BIG tough man eh" as I did a body builder arm pose and shoutd back. When he belatedly noticed a nearby complex security guy (who did nothing) he almost ran off. I dont think he was intimidated by me !!!! He was threatening violence but knew a uniformed witness might land him in trouble. I have witnessed many other examples of their ignorance and bad manners around the pool and gym. Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is it with Russians that do this? Do they really think they are better or more deserving than all others, farangs or Thai? I would never hold up a stage for my comfort and I wouldn't park my bike in front of a water fountain the has being cordoned off. What's with these people, who do they think there are?

Drunks of any nationality can act bad. I am an Aussie and have seen 1 or 2 drunk Aussies and many other nationalities acting a lot worse than what you describe. No one was threatened, punched, stabbed, physically attacked or shot, but HOW has this topic made it to 2 pages as I thought that rule number 7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Hmmm Moderator Moderator where are you..? Maybe having a few drinks for Christmas?, ok, I forgive you ...

I was at a bar up country and an Aussie bloke was going to bash this bloke and yelling out for people to "hold me back" etc, LOL, (pathetically harmless by the way) bloke looked at me and knew I was also Aussie, I was so embarrassed about him being Aussie I just said I was Kiwi, so yes they are everywhere and from everywhere.

Some Russians think something like "We are Russians, that means we can do everything what we want".

They just think that they are number one, all other nations are number two, three.

Not all Russians think about themselves like this, but many.

• Like 1