Beach road - disgraceful

blackman

Queensland Gold coast beaches are cleaned every morning early before the tourist wake, but the down side is the enormous council rates we paid, every year more expensive that the last.

we have also been trained to use rubbish bins if none available we take our rubbish home, Thais seem to take no pride in their environment, we should teach them it is losing face if you rubbish your area that might work

Very early every morning on Patraya Beach I see older Thai ladies sweeping and picking up the garbage, empty beer bottles, etc. left by those too lazy to find a trash bin or carry with them. Whether the garbage is left by Thais or Farangs, I do not know, but perhaps there aren't enough trash bins for everyone's convenience. After some very large night celebrations, I am often surprised how clean these ladies make the streets and walkways very early in the morning before the public arises to start their day and evening of rubbish disbursements.

That which washes ashore is also picked up during their morning shift, but if it comes aground during the day/evening, it will be there for your viewing disgust to bash the insolent who either left it on the beach or let it be carried through the waterways.

In my tourist and beach hometown in the USA, we had regular monthly beach cleanups, but with the heavy fines for those leaving garbage, the beaches looked clean most of the time. FYI, we also had many days and weeks where we could not enter the ocean water due to high bacterial levels.

I know complaining may be therapeutic and perhaps I haven't lived here long enough (4-5 years), so maybe I'll learn.

Enjoy.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might be able to shame a response? Making a domain popular that pictures could be uploaded to on a regular basis, might gain too much recognition from search engines.

I'll look into getting something up

Its a shame because they started off very fast with the work, what 7/8 months ago? the lack of any seating is annoying, nowhere to sit and watch the world go by.

Its still a mess in lots of places, should have all been finished by high season. The new trees are maturing fast so there is some shade

I actually don't think you can blame it on City Hall as they just did a beach clean-up 3 weeks ago.

wow! three weeks ago

they clean the beach every morning at about 4am in Spanish resorts

they empty all the bins at night too when there no traffic to block and no stinking garbage trucks for the tourist to see and smell

that aside i blame city hall for renting out the tents at 20,000 baht for 3 days, allegedly pocketing the money for a New Year bonus and allowing it to look like a Syrian refugee camp

i saw a double stall yesterday with a big cover made out of a patchwork quilt of old rice bags

there no uniformity, no room for people to walk on the beach path and barely a hole in the tents to actually get to the beach if they wanted to

seems anything goes down there, no control from anyone except to collect the rent

in the many years i have been here, its the ugliest i have ever seen it and the biggest ever abomination of the use of the description ''international beach resort'' or ''Thailand's premier beach resort''

it certainly fits the TAT's description 'Amazing Thailand'

anyway Gone, i heard you was leaving Thailand so whats it to you?

Not taking your meds these days?

Yes I "go" almost every year to work Internationally for 3 months then return.

If you have been here for as long as you claim then it bewilders me as to why you still go to beach rd?

We were witness to this slum in March - each of us have our own opinion be it right or wrong but the evidence of the fact Pty has really taken a turn for the worse is everywhere you look. Whilst Spain is not for all the fact is it is generally clean, warm and pleasing also for many things very affordable

I actually don't think you can blame it on City Hall as they just did a beach clean-up 3 weeks ago.

wow! three weeks ago

they empty all the bins at night too when there no traffic to block and no stinking garbage trucks for the tourist to see and smell

that aside i blame city hall for renting out the tents at 20,000 baht for 3 days, allegedly pocketing the money for a New Year bonus and allowing it to look like a Syrian refugee camp

i saw a double stall yesterday with a big cover made out of a patchwork quilt of old rice bags

there no uniformity, no room for people to walk on the beach path and barely a hole in the tents to actually get to the beach if they wanted to

seems anything goes down there, no control from anyone except to collect the rent

in the many years i have been here, its the ugliest i have ever seen it and the biggest ever abomination of the use of the description ''international beach resort'' or ''Thailand's premier beach resort''

If you have been here for as long as you claim then it bewilders me as to why you still go to beach rd?

Isaw your advert for your bike sale

You said you were selling as you were leaving thailand

Bit misleading if you are only leaving for work every few months

Especially as in the advert you said you wanted to be honest

I take my insulin meds every day

Same as you

I go to the beach every day except two days at songkran and Xmas day

Why would my 15 year duration have anything to do with it?

So back at you , Why live near the beach and not use it?

Bewildered even more now?

Edited by Rimmer
Posters name removed

Grossly understated "blackman"

agreed, i wanted to say much more but i was driving along the perimeter of this eyesore and posting when the traffic stopped

i have seen it look really bad in the past and i am hardened to the abuse Thais give this stretch of road but today was particularly shocking even for me

i have some friends from UK currently holidaying in Los Christianos in Tenerife for Christmas

they have sent some photos

by comparison the two could not be further apart

here's an example of beach road in Tenerife

yet you are in pattaya and not tenerife.

i wonder why....

Actually I used to live on boat in Puerto Banus

Tenerife was a bit Lo-So for me

Its a shame because they started off very fast with the work, what 7/8 months ago? the lack of any seating is annoying, nowhere to sit and watch the world go by.

Its still a mess in lots of places, should have all been finished by high season. The new trees are maturing fast so there is some shade

It makes perfect sense, as they acted fast to produce that mess, once the annoyance has been put in place then there is no means to keep working fast or doing something at all, as their goal-post has been reached.

In making your life worse they elevated their status and gained so much face at the same time....

You have to wonder whether this was the reason for the unnecessary widening of Beach Rd.

I haven't seen it this year, it is so busy this time of year I see no pleasure in going into town.

Trouble is I know the Mrs will want to see the NYE fireworks.

You should have got a few pictures OP.

Of course it was. It's all about the money.

agreed, i wanted to say much more but i was driving along the perimeter of this eyesore and posting when the traffic stopped

i have seen it look really bad in the past and i am hardened to the abuse Thais give this stretch of road but today was particularly shocking even for me

i have some friends from UK currently holidaying in Los Christianos in Tenerife for Christmas

How do you drive on the perimeter of Beach Road. Are you driving on the beach.

If you are going to make things up don't put things in that are imposable.

I would be more interested in hearing about the proposed widening of the road. I had always thought that would be a nightmare in the creation but much better after it was done. The same the world over when you widen a major road.

And what comes with discarded rubbish is vermin . I have had four runnings with packs of rats in less than a week two off them in open air restaurants I look around to see what the reaction is with the staff. Yep!! you guest it that stupid smile . Pattaya is over run with them . People don't take pride in Pattaya I think it's got a lot to do with not many people been from here thai's included

wow! three weeks ago

Lots of unemployed Spanish people around to do that work...what's the unemployment rate...like 25%, with young people closer to 50%. Try finding much of anyone to do any work in Thailand, let alone lowly beach cleanup work would be a challenge.

Could you kindly keep facts out of wishful thinking.

I wonder how many of these complainers would be happy on the deserted street shown in the picture of a beach road in Tenerife where ever that is. I also noticed the lack of beach now why would they leave that out. Maybe no room for pictures with all the tents.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Why don't the Pattaya council follow the example of the "beautifully neat and clean " Bangkok City, where its considered a terrible thing to drop a cigarette butt, attracting a heavy on the spot fine. whistling.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by oldsailor35

Queensland Gold coast beaches are cleaned every morning early before the tourist wake, but the down side is the enormous council rates we paid, every year more expensive that the last.

we have also been trained to use rubbish bins if none available we take our rubbish home, Thais seem to take no pride in their environment, we should teach them it is losing face if you rubbish your area that might work

Very early every morning on Patraya Beach I see older Thai ladies sweeping and picking up the garbage, empty beer bottles, etc. left by those too lazy to find a trash bin or carry with them. Whether the garbage is left by Thais or Farangs, I do not know, but perhaps there aren't enough trash bins for everyone's convenience. After some very large night celebrations, I am often surprised how clean these ladies make the streets and walkways very early in the morning before the public arises to start their day and evening of rubbish disbursements.

That which washes ashore is also picked up during their morning shift, but if it comes aground during the day/evening, it will be there for your viewing disgust to bash the insolent who either left it on the beach or let it be carried through the waterways.

In my tourist and beach hometown in the USA, we had regular monthly beach cleanups, but with the heavy fines for those leaving garbage, the beaches looked clean most of the time. FYI, we also had many days and weeks where we could not enter the ocean water due to high bacterial levels.

I know complaining may be therapeutic and perhaps I haven't lived here long enough (4-5 years), so maybe I'll learn.

Enjoy.

Excellent point.

People who make the mess and complain about it can't get up early enough to enjoy it when it is clean. What they should do to keep the beaches clean is bring in a load of unemployed Spanish and assign each one to a tourist to follow them around and pick up after them.

I could be wrong but I don't think it is all the people who live permanently in Pattaya on the beach along the beach road. don't know that much about the area but I believe there are other beaches there to the north and south of the beach road.

wow! three weeks ago

Isaw your advert for your bike sale

You said you were selling as you were leaving thailand

Bit misleading if you are only leaving for work every few months

Especially as in the advert you said you wanted to be honest

I take my insulin meds every day

Same as you

I go to the beach every day except two days at songkran and Xmas day

Why would my 15 year duration have anything to do with it?

So back at you , Why live near the beach and not use it?

Bewildered even more now?

I can't stand Pattaya Beach and would NEVER go in the water there. I prefer to go to Na Jomtien when needed. The reason I never go there is the same reason you started this thread. I have never seen it clean.

Just figured after 15 years here you would have found the more decent beaches to go to thats all.

I see on your posts that you do get around everywhere quite a bit and that is good because I have also seen you answer many questions here on TV and give some great info however on the flip-side, you do seem to have a dark side also. No pun intended.

To each his own of course where one likes to go however I just can't stand that beach and these days it's even worse with the traffic and all. I call it a sesspool not a beach.

Went had had a look after reading the OP earlier today. Quite an accurate description. The sea side promenade is a gauntlet

of stalls allowing no walking space for either tourists to walk or freelancers to strut there stuff so to speak. Green garbage

trolleys block the sea side lane along with scooters and pick up trucks dropping of stall products. Hopefully it will clear out

after the year end holiday period. The bars on beach road can't be happy as the view of there patrons is totally blocked.

Someone must be getting well greased. sad.png

• Like 1

Au contraire.....

I have watched a Thai deck-chair guy cleaning up the rubbish on the beach in his area.

Then fling it into the sea.....biggrin.png

i have seen them dig a hole and throw it in there

the Thai version of sweeping it under the carpet...

Edited by blackman

How do you drive on the perimeter of Beach Road. Are you driving on the beach.

If you are going to make things up don't put things in that are imposable.

I would be more interested in hearing about the proposed widening of the road. I had always thought that would be a nightmare in the creation but much better after it was done. The same the world over when you widen a major road.

try to read what i write and not put words in my mouth

i drove down the perimeter of this eyesore

meaning adjacent to it on beach road

this video will illustrate exactly what i mean

still want to call me a liar leprechaun?

or admit your error and apologize?

SOMEONE HELP ME UPLOAD THE VIDEO?

its 98.7 MB

thank you

Edited by blackman