Beach road - disgraceful

blackman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grossly understated "blackman"

agreed, i wanted to say much more but i was driving along the perimeter of this eyesore and posting when the traffic stopped

i have seen it look really bad in the past and i am hardened to the abuse Thais give this stretch of road but today was particularly shocking even for me

i have some friends from UK currently holidaying in Los Christianos in Tenerife for Christmas

they have sent some photos

by comparison the two could not be further apart

here's an example of beach road in Tenerife

post-81023-0-02903800-1388037763_thumb.j

You have to wonder whether this was the reason for the unnecessary widening of Beach Rd.

I haven't seen it this year, it is so busy this time of year I see no pleasure in going into town.

Trouble is I know the Mrs will want to see the NYE fireworks.

You should have got a few pictures OP.

• Like 1

I have often wondered with labor so cheap and touriest dollars so much on their minds, why city hall could not employee a permanent workforce to keep the entire beach road area (and other places nearby) clean. Certainly that is a better investment that the stupid cross-walk lights they spent millions on. Every vacant lot in this city is a virtual garbage dump.

• Like 1

You have to wonder whether this was the reason for the unnecessary widening of Beach Rd.

I haven't seen it this year, it is so busy this time of year I see no pleasure in going into town.

i will do so today and post later

Yeah, those tents straddling you and no beach sand to avoid the human snares. At high tide the water is lapping the merchandise. Now you have to learn to say "NO" in Indian, Russian and Chinese. The people are herded thru human cattle chutes for the solicitors to get their crack at you. They are aggressive like in Bali, they cannot accept no. See you there this New Years folks!

blackman, on 26 Dec 2013 - 13:03, said:blackman, on 26 Dec 2013 - 13:03, said:
Pattaya28, on 26 Dec 2013 - 10:38, said:Pattaya28, on 26 Dec 2013 - 10:38, said:

agreed, i wanted to say much more but i was driving along the perimeter of this eyesore and posting when the traffic stopped

i have seen it look really bad in the past and i am hardened to the abuse Thais give this stretch of road but today was particularly shocking even for me

i have some friends from UK currently holidaying in Los Christianos in Tenerife for Christmas

post-81023-0-02903800-1388037763_thumb.j

It seems deserted......is anybody there?????

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 2

Pattaya is controlled by the mafia.If the money was not going into their pockets the city would have even enough to install stop and go signs and walk, don't walk signs. Even the power players, army and police in BKK will not touch Pattaya. It's called suicide if they do. So folks live with it and look on the bright side. It must be here someplace.

I actually don't think you can blame it on City Hall as they just did a beach clean-up 3 weeks ago.

wow! three weeks ago

they clean the beach every morning at about 4am in Spanish resorts

they empty all the bins at night too when there no traffic to block and no stinking garbage trucks for the tourist to see and smell

that aside i blame city hall for renting out the tents at 20,000 baht for 3 days, allegedly pocketing the money for a New Year bonus and allowing it to look like a Syrian refugee camp

i saw a double stall yesterday with a big cover made out of a patchwork quilt of old rice bags

there no uniformity, no room for people to walk on the beach path and barely a hole in the tents to actually get to the beach if they wanted to

seems anything goes down there, no control from anyone except to collect the rent

in the many years i have been here, its the ugliest i have ever seen it and the biggest ever abomination of the use of the description ''international beach resort'' or ''Thailand's premier beach resort''

it certainly fits the TAT's description 'Amazing Thailand'

anyway Gone, i heard you was leaving Thailand so whats it to you?

Lots of unemployed Spanish people around to do that work...what's the unemployment rate...like 25%, with young people closer to 50%. Try finding much of anyone to do any work in Thailand, let alone lowly beach cleanup work would be a challenge.

i will do so today and post later

post-141138-0-23670200-1388113373_thumb.

I don't believe the reason for the mess is because they cannot hire people to clean it regularly. It's strange how they seem to want to transform Pattaya into a higher class of resort and then leave so much mess, and not just beach road. Follow the money for the answers. Too bad it is driven by short term thinking.

Queensland Gold coast beaches are cleaned every morning early before the tourist wake, but the down side is the enormous council rates we paid, every year more expensive that the last.

we have also been trained to use rubbish bins if none available we take our rubbish home, Thais seem to take no pride in their environment, we should teach them it is losing face if you rubbish your area that might work

• Like 2

Queensland Gold coast beaches are cleaned every morning early before the tourist wake, but the down side is the enormous council rates we paid, every year more expensive that the last.

we have also been trained to use rubbish bins if none available we take our rubbish home, Thais seem to take no pride in their environment, we should teach them it is losing face if you rubbish your area that might work

Au contraire.....

I have watched a Thai deck-chair guy cleaning up the rubbish on the beach in his area.

Then fling it into the sea.....:D

• Like 2

I actually don't think you can blame it on City Hall as they just did a beach clean-up 3 weeks ago.

U

wow! three weeks ago

they clean the beach every morning at about 4am in Spanish resorts

they empty all the bins at night too when there no traffic to block and no stinking garbage trucks for the tourist to see and smell

that aside i blame city hall for renting out the tents at 20,000 baht for 3 days, allegedly pocketing the money for a New Year bonus and allowing it to look like a Syrian refugee camp

i saw a double stall yesterday with a big cover made out of a patchwork quilt of old rice bags

there no uniformity, no room for people to walk on the beach path and barely a hole in the tents to actually get to the beach if they wanted to

seems anything goes down there, no control from anyone except to collect the rent

in the many years i have been here, its the ugliest i have ever seen it and the biggest ever abomination of the use of the description ''international beach resort'' or ''Thailand's premier beach resort''

it certainly fits the TAT's description 'Amazing Thailand'

anyway Gone, i heard you was leaving Thailand so whats it to you?

Yet the tourists keep coming,in their droves.Run out of nails for that coffin.

yet you are in pattaya and not tenerife.

i wonder why....