Pheu Thai launches 'Lights-On' pro-election campaign

webfact

Protesters uses whistles, to support their ideas.

Pro government will put on cars light.

Why have to deride the one or the others? In which way an idea is better than the other? Or why the second idea is ridiculous?

On your motor bike your lights are on all the time, they know that this is way to get false support. So on your motor bike blow your whistle.

Oh lol come on.

Then have hundreds, parking staff all the day whistling and breaking my ears every time I reach a private parking.

I understand to support one or another side, but at least avoid to attack every single meaningless thing would make everyone point more credible.

On both sides, of course.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why have to deride the one or the others? In which way an idea is better than the other? Or why the second idea is ridiculous?

On your motor bike your lights are on all the time, they know that this is way to get false support. So on your motor bike blow your whistle.

Oh lol come on.

Then have hundreds, parking staff all the day whistling and breaking my ears every time I reach a private parking.

I understand to support one or another side, but at least avoid to attack every single meaningless thing would make everyone point more credible.

Yeah but look at it this way what is the % of m/cycles on the road, with lights on compulsory. False figures of support---they are not entirely thick-are they ??

Oh lol come on.

Yeah but look at it this way what is the % of m/cycles on the road, with lights on compulsory. False figures of support---they are not entirely thick-are they ??

I sure understand you have your idea, that is different than mine, but this is on a civil level so no problem at all :)

" Pheu Thai Party has invited the Thais to turn on their cars′ front light at daytime to express their support for the upcoming general election."

Erm, won't that drain the battery? I don't drive so could be wrong about this. Does seem to be a stupid idea nonetheless. Lights on but no ones home is a phrase that springs to mind.

I've been put right on the battery thing. Don't know why but thought that if left on while not driving then the battery drained. Cheers.

So you keep your lights off at night while driving, as you think it drains the battery?. Amazing TV poster. I wonder how you made it this far in life.

• Like 1

Oh lol come on.

I sure understand you have your idea, that is different than mine, but this is on a civil level so no problem at all smile.png

OK a final idea to counter balance the government idea to show lights in the day....IS wait for it--ha ha.....all motor cycles riders to wear helmets if you are in oppositioncheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

It's brilliant. Everyone driving with lights on during the daytime will be deemed a PTP supporter. As pointed out earlier their only choice will be to stay home, disconnect the bulbs, or turn off the light if that's possible, and raise the risk of accident. Follow my conscience or take a risk? That's the question.

And everyone preferring "none of the above" should remove their muffler, let their dogs run free on the village streets, and, if a truck seller, make sure you drive through village streets at 7 am announcing your products with a loudspeaker on top the cab.

I always switch my headlights on when driving upcountry for safety reasons. At least that slightly increases the chances that someone will see me coming before they pull on to the highway. But then, 90% of motorcycles never stop before entering the highway and usually don't look until they are already on it.

OK, so I am not driving with my headlights on during the day, commencing today.

Guys, allow me... This thread is becoming the funniest one I ever had the pleasure to read on TV :)

Someone will not put on headlights just for not be mistaken for an elections supporter. In the meantime: Thais don't give a dam_n and when work at parking they will whistle as usual...

For which reason I should stop to use my car lights? What should I care if someone thinks I support elections or not? I know what I do and support and I don't give a dam_n about what other people could think.

Or maybe someone thinks, there will be government staff counting lights on and give funny numbers as Suthep did in occasion of protests participants counts? :D

He should have said after so many tragic accidents like the one yesterday with 29 people has lost their innocent lifes please use the headlights at daytime from now on to follow 1st world standards in hope it will reduce the number of casualities...

Might catch a few sensible voters, but the proposed idea is just a target for creating problems between sides. They will hit more and more cars same they did the poor bloke yesterday...

• Like 1

"However, Mr. Prompong said the PCAD′s campaign of "civil disobedience" to derail the election is "abusive" and "violating the nation′s law, without regard for the effect they are laying on other people or the country′s image".

Well, I think it's rather like the kettle calling the pot when he's talking about being "abusive", "violating the nation's law(s)" and having no regard for "other people" or "the country's image". It is exactly because of all of this that has been occurring within the PTP ranks that the country is in the mess that it is in, and why the people have taken to the streets...!!

Once again I would ask, what is Prompong doing commenting on anything, given that he has been awarded a non-suspended custodial sentence? Surely, his position as a PTP member, and Deputy PM, has now been forfeited...?!

• Like 2

Is this PTP's idea to solve the present crisis ? What PTP doesn't talk about is why these protests are taking place. They are taking place because this administration has been directed by Thaksin ever since it came to power - a circumstance that has no parallel in the free world. They are taking place because an amnesty bill that was calculated to bring Thaksin back so enraged the public they took to the streets. They are taking place because the level of corruption in this administration is profoundly pervasive. They are taking place because people are tired of it, and they know that a renewed Yingluck administration will only lead to the same divisive, self-serving policies. Pheu Thai needs to shed light on that.

Do you really think that those people on the streets represents all Thais or even the majority of Thais? If so, then they shouldn't be scared of another election.

[Of course, your retort will be that PTP bought the election. Then I will respond, 'do you really believe that PTP outdoes the Dems in opinion polls because people are allegedly being paid Bt500 at election time?'. And so it will go....]

The country has been bitterly damaged by Mr. Suthep and his followers, Mr. Prompong added.

I wish Mr. Suthep supporters could see what he has done. Their actions are becoming more savage, and disobeying any law. I would like to condemn their actions, for thinking that they are above others, above the law, added Pheu Thai Spokesperson.

The government has 'bitterly damaged' the country but they even have the nerve to put the

blame on others. They are so desperate to cling on to being the government that they will even sell their soul. How pathetic!!

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Last time I did that the BIBs tried to charge me 300 bht for "lights on during the day" .... "Only for VIP and Rescue" they said .... I said what about safety first ????... He said Whats that!!! .... Whatever coffee1.gif .. ... I do think it could be a good safety move thumbsup.gif .., not sure if it would make any difference though facepalm.gif ... Maybe if everyone blew a whistle as well as havie their lights on ???? clap2.gif

Edited by noikrit

Is this PTP's idea to solve the present crisis ? What PTP doesn't talk about is why these protests are taking place. They are taking place because this administration has been directed by Thaksin ever since it came to power - a circumstance that has no parallel in the free world. They are taking place because an amnesty bill that was calculated to bring Thaksin back so enraged the public they took to the streets. They are taking place because the level of corruption in this administration is profoundly pervasive. They are taking place because people are tired of it, and they know that a renewed Yingluck administration will only lead to the same divisive, self-serving policies. Pheu Thai needs to shed light on that.

Do you really think that those people on the streets represents all Thais or even the majority of Thais? If so, then they shouldn't be scared of another election.

[Of course, your retort will be that PTP bought the election. Then I will respond, 'do you really believe that PTP outdoes the Dems in opinion polls because people are allegedly being paid Bt500 at election time?'. And so it will go....]

they represent as many as PTP got at recent " election".( nowhere near 50%) Its so blindingly obvious this corrupt proxy government wants it's"election" , as it can be loosely defined asap.without any reforms. Get ready for an almighty chaotic situation if yingluck et al think they will rule february 3 with a 500 seat majority. Edited by kingalfred