PDRC to shut down Bangkok by end of next week

Lite Beer

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Comparing Suthep to Mugabe, Kim Jong Un, or Hitler are definitely over the top, be he sure does seem to have delusions of grandeur not unlike his main foe, Thaksin.

What do any of these have in common anyway, other than they led their respective countries? A ridiculous comparison.

What is happening here is a power struggle following a political vacuum, so of course all the turds are going to float to the top and there will be the usual shit-storm until one takes over.

So what do we do in the meantime? Keep our heads down and our pounds, dollars and Euros in our pockets until we smell fresh air.

Suthep looks communist to the core. He wants to institute an unelected "peoples committee"? Where else have we seen that and what has been the end state of those countries? Bad news indeed.

Right wing, nationalist, bigoted fascist, yes. Communist, no. Not at all.

Well Well Well.

The Yellows doing the same thing over and over again and expecting things to change.

INSANITY

The world is changing. Resistance is futile.

Downside should a endless shootout break out do to splits in the military.

Well---tourists of course will stay out of Thailand.

The Thai Baht will continue to lose value and 40 cannot be far away.

No matter who wins or loses, you can be sure that Thai people will blame farang.

Do you hear how the yellows talk about you farang? They call you some very bad names.

Funny thing is some of you Farang back the yellows.

It is not quite as bad as this but it is kind of like a Jew in Germany 1936 backing Hitler.

There is not much future in it for farang.

NO--they will not kill you but yes, they will deport you.

I recommend all of you farang, even you working for media, to look for a plan B should things get bad.

From what I see all sides red, yellow and any other colour that eventuates are business friendly. The chaos is causing a large depreciation in the Baht that was overvalued anyway so exporters such as myself are better off. The longer this continues the more competitive Thailand will be with their exports as the baht will continue to fall (exports are around 80% of GDP I believe). Can't see anyone on either side talking about State takeovers of business. The millions of cars exported each year will be more competitive in their foreign markets as will processe seafood exports and everything else. Thailand has a nett gain from this chaos.

Government of any type or colour is irrelevent to business as long as they don't interfere. I for one rellay don't care what happens in Thai politics as long as the status quo for business continues.

Perhaps then you can explain how the people in the south and most of Bangkok, who are the minority, can avoid having to give all their money to the people in the north and Isaan, who are the majority?

If you insist on voting on everything, should the people of Bangkok and the south then not be allowed to vote if they want to split from the north and Isaan and create their own state?

If I join some form of club, then obviously I have to play by the rules and pay membership fees etc. But should I also not be allowed to stop my membership when I want to? Especially if all the other members vote that from now on I am to pay the membership fee for everyone else?

What we are saying is have two states (North and South Thailand) - each with their own government, generating their own finances and providing their own services.

In other words, Bangkokian people, those from the central plains and South whom are productive and resourceful can distribute the money generated by their economy to it's people and the North (run by dictator Thaksin) can try to make money by growing rice and finding someone to buy it.

They can continue to go to their buffalo schools whilst the South can attend quality schools and universities.

Why should the South be lumbered with a dysfunctional, cheating, lieing and corrupt government when we can have Abhisit, Korn and intelligent people leading us!!

Does that sound good to you?

I can guarantee that the people in the North will become North Korea and those in the South will be South Korea - they can continue with their rice scam as long as they are prepared to fund it themselves!!

O M G there are plenty of countries with regional wealth supporting less fortunate or financially productive regions. What kind of trash talk is this ? bah.gif the south of England could separate from the rest of the UK and be far better off financially , London could ditch the whole of the UK including the south and be far better off financially just one example. So WHAT.

This is NOT the way forward and frankly am appalled at the idea your counting a nation by regional GDP ..... really REALLY narrow minded and selfish to the extreme.

Political divide there may be atm but your suggestion is both dangerous and very very short sighted.... really short sighted

There is NOTHING wrong with the people of the north and your BS comments about buffalo schools etc is rank too bah.gif nothing wrong with some Unis of the north, there are plenty of sub standard ones all around the country, the south isnt exactly a stable region so you can get right down off your high horse .. i cant believe you even have the gall to post this trash.

You suggestion Thailand is shattered into two for financial reasons and comments about people in the north I find highly offensive and im not even Thai ....

I hope your not from the same country as me, if you are im ashamed we have even that in common. ... absolutely unbelievable angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm guessing, from your avatar that we come from the same country.

We (I live in Nakhonsithammarat in the South) are simply fed up with all this - "we are the majority", "our government was democratically elected" so you have to put up with the government of our choosing!!

Well we don't like being ruled by a criminal that wastes Thailand's resources in order to keep their voting base happy.

I know that Northereners do not like Southerners and Bangkokians saying that they are poorly educated - BUT THEY ARE!!

Why on earth would they (and you for that fact) continue to prop up a dictatorial and corrupt regime that ignores and debases the constitution and throws a 'hissy fit' when it tries to break the law, gets caught and then states that it is not going to abide by the ruling of the courts of the land.

What do you think of the amnesty law and the way in which is was rammed through in the early hours of the morning? What do you think of the PTP trying to stuff the senate with their second cousins, nieces and nephews so that they can pass anything into law. What do you think of attempting to pass laws so that some bills can bypass parliamentary scrutiny? What do you think of removing checks and balances to give them a free rein to do what they want?

I wouldn't mind betting that you come from the North of England - naturally I come from the prosperous South - but was a fervent and staunch supporter of the Labour party - you know, the party that looks after the welfare of it's people (only in a democratic way) unlike the situation in Thailand where only the welfare of one person and his clan seems to count.

Where is the prime minister? What does she have to say in response to this latest plan by the protesters? Why isn't she in Bangkok overseeing the crisis?

Would you be???? after he has threatened her life and her son's life???????

...what utter nonsense. No-one's life was threatened, and for you to suggest that they were just completely undermines your overall argument..!

Go on, I dares ye. Shut down the airports and the ports and the industrial estates. No? Suthep, you're just chicken.

The Goal is not the airport, ports and industrial estates! It is the government offices and private house of the PM and other Ministers!

Ermm, I think you should read the statement before posting wrong information.

"He attributed his term of shutdown as to seize all government offices, encirclement of the caretaker prime minister’s house, as well as all houses of her cabinet ministers, all significant intersections and commercial complexes by the people who will turn out in millions".

He is threatening to shut the whole city down.

Go on, I dares ye. Shut down the airports and the ports and the industrial estates. No? Suthep, you're just chicken.

The Goal is not the airport, ports and industrial estates! It is the government offices and private house of the PM and other Ministers!

Ermm, I think you should read the statement before posting wrong information.

"He attributed his term of shutdown as to seize all government offices, encirclement of the caretaker prime minister’s house, as well as all houses of her cabinet ministers, all significant intersections and commercial complexes by the people who will turn out in millions".

He is threatening to shut the whole city down.

....and I wish him every success!!

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

People are so sick of this corrupt government that they want the old fashioned corruption they grew up with.... out of the frying pan and into the fire. Move the capitol to Chiang Mai or somewhere the already too great influence of Bangkok can't dictate to the rest of the country will be lessened.

Perhaps then you can explain how the people in the south and most of Bangkok, who are the minority, can avoid having to give all their money to the people in the north and Isaan, who are the majority?

If you insist on voting on everything, should the people of Bangkok and the south then not be allowed to vote if they want to split from the north and Isaan and create their own state?

If I join some form of club, then obviously I have to play by the rules and pay membership fees etc. But should I also not be allowed to stop my membership when I want to? Especially if all the other members vote that from now on I am to pay the membership fee for everyone else?

What we are saying is have two states (North and South Thailand) - each with their own government, generating their own finances and providing their own services.

In other words, Bangkokian people, those from the central plains and South whom are productive and resourceful can distribute the money generated by their economy to it's people and the North (run by dictator Thaksin) can try to make money by growing rice and finding someone to buy it.

They can continue to go to their buffalo schools whilst the South can attend quality schools and universities.

Why should the South be lumbered with a dysfunctional, cheating, lieing and corrupt government when we can have Abhisit, Korn and intelligent people leading us!!

Does that sound good to you?

I can guarantee that the people in the North will become North Korea and those in the South will be South Korea - they can continue with their rice scam as long as they are prepared to fund it themselves!!

O M G there are plenty of countries with regional wealth supporting less fortunate or financially productive regions. What kind of trash talk is this ? bah.gif the south of England could separate from the rest of the UK and be far better off financially , London could ditch the whole of the UK including the south and be far better off financially just one example. So WHAT.

This is NOT the way forward and frankly am appalled at the idea your counting a nation by regional GDP ..... really REALLY narrow minded and selfish to the extreme.

Political divide there may be atm but your suggestion is both dangerous and very very short sighted.... really short sighted

There is NOTHING wrong with the people of the north and your BS comments about buffalo schools etc is rank too bah.gif nothing wrong with some Unis of the north, there are plenty of sub standard ones all around the country, the south isnt exactly a stable region so you can get right down off your high horse .. i cant believe you even have the gall to post this trash.

You suggestion Thailand is shattered into two for financial reasons and comments about people in the north I find highly offensive and im not even Thai ....

I hope your not from the same country as me, if you are im ashamed we have even that in common. ... absolutely unbelievable angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm guessing, from your avatar that we come from the same country.

We (I live in Nakhonsithammarat in the South) are simply fed up with all this - "we are the majority", "our government was democratically elected" so you have to put up with the government of our choosing!!

Well we don't like being ruled by a criminal that wastes Thailand's resources in order to keep their voting base happy.

I know that Northereners do not like Southerners and Bangkokians saying that they are poorly educated - BUT THEY ARE!!

Why on earth would they (and you for that fact) continue to prop up a dictatorial and corrupt regime that ignores and debases the constitution and throws a 'hissy fit' when it tries to break the law, gets caught and then states that it is not going to abide by the ruling of the courts of the land.

What do you think of the amnesty law and the way in which is was rammed through in the early hours of the morning? What do you think of the PTP trying to stuff the senate with their second cousins, nieces and nephews so that they can pass anything into law. What do you think of attempting to pass laws so that some bills can bypass parliamentary scrutiny? What do you think of removing checks and balances to give them a free rein to do what they want?

I wouldn't mind betting that you come from the North of England - naturally I come from the prosperous South - but was a fervent and staunch supporter of the Labour party - you know, the party that looks after the welfare of it's people (only in a democratic way) unlike the situation in Thailand where only the welfare of one person and his clan seems to count.

Yup about as wrong in your bet as you are in assumption this clown is any solution. I dont know what crap you have been listening to but your generalisation is so off your not even worth the effort both about here and the UK. Im betting welfare is whats paying for you here. Lucky old you.

There is no "we" your just another clueless farang m8 you have no rights here. Your clueless about the north both here and the UK and what makes a country united.

PS your also plastic labour not staunch and all it stands for your clearly against in your posts if you were you would not be talking like a Tory bigot all the time.

oh and btw im from London and Bangkok and so is my Thai family..... I dont have a colour I have a brain............. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

From the OP headline:

"People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban declared Saturday night that the entire capital Bangkok will be completely shut down..."

Good...

It's been a slow train coming and I think Khun Suthep is choosing to ignore the fact that his "Democracy Party" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif supporters may well end up being outnumbered at least two-to-one by the voters who (democratically) elected the current government (not forgetting that the world's media will also be upon Mr S's proposed Thai transition from democracy to autocracy).

This isn't the 1930's. People can see and report and if Abhisit (despite his expensive education) remains stupid enough to think the rest of the world will tolerate the birth of yet another North Korea, he is sadly mistaken.

About time Abhisit grew some and had Suthep handed over to the justice he so richly deserves.

A padded cell awaits him, I imagine.

The sooner Mr Suthep gets the ball rolling, the better.

its Taksin who would make Thailand like North Korea. Are you naive enough to believe Suphet will even spend 1 day in jail or that even if a election is held (unlikely) that vast number who loathe and hate Taksin bios clan and cronies are simply going to lie down. Think again. What will almost certainly happen is either the election will get postponed or will be invalid due to various reasons not least it being controlled totally by a convicted criminal. Then the army will have to step in but this time their would probably be a lot of blood after which the curse of Taksin will probably be purged from Thailand forever and he will go down in History as man who caused most harm to his country and be on par with Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam and the rest only unlike them he probably wont get to totally destroy the place before those like you eventually wake up to what he his clan and cronies are which is nothing more than would be dictators.

When the government does not listen, what can any one do. It is a desprate attempt, but these are desperate times. The government has not been forth coming with any information about the rice scheme. It is an option for them to provide it or not. Seems like that YS thinks that if the majority don't care about the abuse of power with the rice scheme, then it must not be important. Wrong....in a democracy everyones voice is as important as many. An election is a process which majority of the people believe that the elected offcial is best to lead and unite the country in the best interest of all its citizens. It does not mean that the leader will only care or put a major budget towards the majority. They must balance for the greater good of the nation. No one had any gripes or protest when she won. But the things that she has done with the Rice scheme, 1st car scheme, tablet for every child, illegal admendment to the constitution, passage of the amnesty bill...all of this happen under her leadership. She has not taken any accountability for anything. Always passing on the buck. Citizens have the rights to demand an answer. But no answer. Even the rice scheme, the first year they couldn't produce any information. For the benefit of the doubt, let's assume that it is complicated and take time to gather information. Doesn't that mean that it is being mismanaged. In that case, let temporarily stop the program. As everyone know, the farmer got angry. So they continue. Because it was ill concieved and would loose support of the North and reveal the truth that it was used to buy votes at the expense of the taxpayers. Yes I said it. Vote buying. Things like this that is causing Thailand to go in to financial dire. Project like this is one of the reforms that must happen. So parties can not promise impossible projects. All project must have fisical discipline. All the project is just spend and spend without any regard for balancing the budget. And then the 2 Trillon with as much transparency as the Rice Scheme that has passed. That was the last draw. The govt that can't even manage the rice scheme is quality to manage a 2Trillion budget. I think not. I can talk about the massive rice scheme corruption going. But that is not for this thread. Thai democracy is still evolving. This is part of it of its evolution. Remember, YS may have come by a legitmate way of the election through the democractic way. But her action is far from the democratic way, which makes her illegitament. One can not choose which gear of democracy to turn they all must turn in order for it to run.

And can you name one western democracy that doesn't indulge in 'vote buying' by political parties, beggaring the public finances with promises of largesse? I can't. It's standard procedure in UK, and that's why borrowing is out of control there.

If the Thai people don't like what Yingluk's government have done, then they can vote her out, same as they do everywhere else that runs with a parliamentary democracy. What Suthip is doing is born of petulance because he can't have it all his own way. Well tough shit. That's how democracy works. You want power, then go to the people with policies that will make them want to vote for you. That's how democracy is done. What Suthip is trying to achieve is mob rule and is totally illegitimate.

Why are you comparing others? The situation is different here. Thailand is not facing an economic slow down as you with the case of UK. So it's an irrelevant comparison. Majority of the rice farmers are not even signed up for the rice scheme. Why?...because now you will tell me they are stupid. No they are not stupid, they are responsible citizens and do not need help from the government. Please look into more detail about the rice scheme before you make a generalization between others.

When YS won, I thought this maybe a great start for Thailand. A woman would be brought in with a different set of moral and ethical values. But as I see her handle states affair, it was far from that. If you must compare, in any country, if you ask for accountability, would you get that? Here you don't. The Rice program is still going and everyone knows it's loosing money and has damaged the industry. You don't know how much other long term effect it has. If there is nothing to hide, then why will YS not disclose this to the citizens. She forgets who she works for.

Can anyone here deny that the Rice Scheme was in fact tragic mistake. I don't think it was a mistake by PTP, as it was one of the way to win the votes. If every political parties offered the same, can you imagine what they can come up with next? Did anyone think the one tablet for every child was possible? It would be if they had the budget and even a strategy, but they don't. All of this giving giving giving comes down to not being able to balance the budget. And more unnecessary borrowing. It must make sense and for the greater good of the nation. So how do we stop this from happening? Just like this uncontrolled policy of the rice scheme, is prove enough that rules must be in place to avoid making these types of policies from happening. Because the next election, the PTP will sell their irresponsible policies to win votes. How low can anyone stoop so low to hurt all of Thailand in the effort of winning a vote.

And finally, how can anyone trust the PTP about bringing the nation together. Their aim is to divide the nation. A government that provides assistant to a convicted criminal. A government that deals with a convicted criminal. A government who defies the Judicial System (part of the check and balance in democracy). A government that do not answer to its citizens.

Democracy is for the people and by the people. And the people who cherish it, want it back. That is why they are out there demonstrating. Changes must come...I know it's hard for those who believe that election is Democracy...it's only part of it. Maybe they should have an election by the people to see who wants reform before election. Maybe the YS should hold a town hall meeting to listen to the citizens. Instead of hiding from her responsibility so as not to be accountable for anything. The only thing she is ever accountable for is "....I came by election".crazy.gif Caring for democracy is more then just a popularity contest.

Remember...United we Stand! But for PTP, Division we rule! Thanks TS for creating chaos within Thailand.

Edited by aimbc

From the OP headline:

"Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban declared Saturday night that the entire capital Bangkok will be completely shut down..."

Good...

It's been a slow train coming and I think Khun Suthep is choosing to ignore the fact that his "Democracy Party" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif supporters may well end up being outnumbered at least two-to-one by the voters who (democratically) elected the current government (not forgetting that the world's media will also be upon Mr S's proposed Thai transition from democracy to autocracy).

This isn't the 1930's. People can see and report and if Abhisit (despite his expensive education) remains stupid enough to think the rest of the world will tolerate the birth of yet another North Korea, he is sadly mistaken.

About time Abhisit grew some and had Suthep handed over to the justice he so richly deserves.

its Taksin who would make Thailand like North Korea. Are you naive enough to believe Suphet will even spend 1 day in jail or that even if a election is held (unlikely) that vast number who loathe and hate Taksin bios clan and cronies are simply going to lie down. Think again. What will almost certainly happen is either the election will get postponed or will be invalid due to various reasons not least it being controlled totally by a convicted criminal. Then the army will have to step in but this time their would probably be a lot of blood after which the curse of Taksin will probably be purged from Thailand forever and he will go down in History as man who caused most harm to his country and be on par with Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam and the rest only unlike them he probably wont get to totally destroy the place before those like you eventually wake up to what he his clan and cronies are which is nothing more than would be dictators.

You are callow. Do learn and understand more.

people who will turn out in millions ???

he means 150,000!!

Funny, even you bought into the government misinformation. There were millions there believe me. There will be even more at the next rally. If the government is to lie to its people, even to dismiss the many voices of its citizens, then democracy is lost. A reboot is needed.

He going to try to hold Bangkok hostage and the police, courts and military do not have the balls to do anything about it.

And I understand there are 2 active arrest warrants against him.

So what! This is Thailand, business as usual, warrants or not.coffee1.gif

Party on!

All true but Madam seems not to be giving the South any attention.

Probably it's too far away from Isaan and even BKK.

Yingluck's failures are truly encyclopedic and this is one of them. The Parliamentary system needs regulatory checks and a rebalancing of the unfit-for-purpose system that currently fails to attain the basic forward momentum. This is not a failing of CM/ Parliament as a hybrid system, this is simply a failing to learn from nation-specific problems and to augment Parliamentary processes around those specific problems. This can all be solved relatively easily with enough adult state-level discourse.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

Where is the prime minister? What does she have to say in response to this latest plan by the protesters? Why isn't she in Bangkok overseeing the crisis?

Because anybody with some brain is out of Bkk ,, she would be stupid to be there overseeing the crisis, she needs to govern and take care the ongoing business .

And tell us, why would she need to be there ?

The lost of life is not business? And hearing the voice of the people is not business? She is attending to her business alright, campaigning in her constituent area. That is why she is only taking care of business in the north and northeast and not the south. Admit it, she is done. She will be disqualified soon and placed in jail for abuse of power. The people will see to that.

he means 150,000!!

Funny, even you bought into the government misinformation. There were millions there believe me. There will be even more at the next rally. If the government is to lie to its people, even to dismiss the many voices of its citizens, then democracy is lost. A reboot is needed.

Dude ! the only ones claiming millions are dear leader and people like you, not one news media has estimated anything like a million let alone multiple. 150k is conservative but closer to the mark.

Keep it real, all governments lie to the people. You do a reboot every few years here .. nothing ever gets any cleaner. This will be no different either by election or by seizing power.

Democracy isnt lost it is yet to even fully exist here, what the mob is proposing is to destroy yet again what little it has.

From the OP headline:

"People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban declared Saturday night that the entire capital Bangkok will be completely shut down..."

Good...

I do believe the outcome will not be to your liking.

The world is not going to come marching in and attempt to meddle in Thailand's political affairs. These just your imaginary pleasures. They won't happen, and I guarantee Suthep will not spend a single day in prison or a mad house. He will likely go down in history as the man who saved democracy in Thailand.

QuiteIntel...

I am commenting on your last sentence.

Is Suthep saving democracy or he doesn't want democracy? He doesn't want election, right? Do you think his group can represent the majority of the people in Thailand? Why does he not run for the position he wants so to let people exercise democracy by choosing who they want? Where's the will of the people if what he wants is to make a government by his own?

Whoever help or join in the protest must be a idiot who have nothing better to do and in need or power and riot and act as if a peaceful protestor that shut down Bangkok with deadly weapon or their so called empty handed, shit u suthep for causing so many people in pain and for losing job & income just for the sake of power in ur name

Money and jobs can be replaced, but the time that we allow this government to abuse it's power and abuse democracy, that can't be replace. Yes it's bigger than you or I. Why not ask YS to listen to the citizens. And not just the majority. Because majority is who chooses its representative, but the representative does not serve only the majority.

He going to try to hold Bangkok hostage and the police, courts and military do not have the balls to do anything about it.

Because they know that his view has merits and is also the views of millions of Thais. And when the government do not listen to the people, then they have committed the worst crime against democracy. No one needs to make the matter worst. As long as the govt. refuse to hear the pleads of its citizens, the bigger the cries will become.

How can a whole nation be kept hostage by a single person. The consequences Thailand will be coming soon. Tourist from all over the world will think twice now to book there holiday 2014 in Thailand. Companies are thinking to invest in Asia will look around for more stable opportunities such as Vietnam and Indonesia. People like S don't care as they have the resources. But the demonstrators on the street will feel the pain. Khun S does not belong into a Jail but in a padded cell of a madhouse. I must have lost his marbles on the road.

you may be forgetting but this civil unrest is because of another megalomaniac madman whose supporters held Thailand hostage before

he was supposed to be in a jail cell but skipped bail and now runs the country from Dubai

Suthep is a rank amateur compared to Thaksin

we have had unrest before, lots of coups and Thailand always bounced back

as long as there are fat, balding old men who want to get laid Thailand will be ok

So, I guess the young (and old), 'hansum' and with all their hair are SOL w/r getting laid, huh?

Isn't it more like: As long as their are men (and women?) with money who are willing to part with it for sex ...?

Edited by MaxYakov

he means 150,000!!

Dude ! the only ones claiming millions are dear leader and people like you, not one news media has estimated anything like a million let alone multiple. 150k is conservative but closer to the mark.

Keep it real, all governments lie to the people. You do a reboot every few years here .. nothing ever gets any cleaner. This will be no different either by election or by seizing power.

Democracy isnt lost it is yet to even fully exist here, what the mob is proposing is to destroy yet again what little it has.

I am keeping it real. Unless you been out there to see for yourself, you will know that the govt is lying to you and the world. You know that the govt can sue for slander if you publish a number that is not in line with Police estimate. Right...the police...I forgot how honest they are. Even on a matter of principle of report the true figure, the govt can't even do that. Ask yourself, has this govt been forth coming with information with the rice scheme?

If democracy is not here, then why are you worried about an attempt to fix the system. it's better than just going with the same broken wheel.