Experiences with Thai wifes,

2008bangkok

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two sides to every story. Perhaps your idea of a perfect life is not the same as hers. Maybe if she was in a different environment she would have motivation.

Go for a real basic holiday in the sticks and see how she reacts. You may see a different person.

As Farangs we have completely different values and it is difficult for us to see that some things don't particularly need improving.

It sounds like you are a caring Dad who would not make a decision to leave easily.

We all get a little bored after the honeymoon and tend to blame our partners for changing. I would imagine you saw the traits of not wanting to "improve life" a long time ago and that she really hasn't changed so much. When all was rosy you accepted them.

Try talking in a different way and maybe you can salvage what was there before.

My wife can also accept things the way they are, and although she wants everything she can laze about also usually when she is unhappy about something.

My wife of 11 years is my best friend, nurse, confidant, mother to my child, cook, launderer, gardener, ditch digger and sex beast. She loves and knows American and English football and my punk music? She is the finest person on this planet and I am so lucky to have met her. I can't imagine a day away from her. She happens to be Thai.

There are many horror love stories out there, but there are a few good ones.

• Like 2

Have you tried talking to her ? Seems this has been bothering you for awhile and maybe you should have done something about it earlier. A relationship is a two sided coin, you have allowed it, or maybe just ignored it for too long and now its irritating you.

If you truly love the girl, then talk it through, tell her how you feel and work it out, making comparisons to others is not going to give you a remedy.

CharlieH has added some good advice. It really depends on your statement of love. If it is still love, talk it over and see if she is willing to change. Give her that chance, she, your kids, and your love deserve it. If; however, she does not change and you cannot stand it any longer, look for those desired qualities in your selection of mate next time. Spreading her legs should not be the only thing a woman can do; just as openning the wallet should not be a man's only capability.

I think it is not a Thai thing. It is a person thing. The 'up' and 'down' concepts in your post are interesting! Most

Thai people I know think Thais are God's gift to the earth. ie. They have entirely sorted out how to live well with

a minimum of effort. I think if you want your kids to have anything but a Thai dog's life you probably have to move themout. I am not saying the grass is greener outside Thailand, but you have to choose. I chose to make sure my kids are trilingual with qualifications from UK, Thailand, France. Was I right? I don't know. We shall see but they are happy and they ignore their mother 24/7!! Good luck!

My wife of 11 years is my best friend, nurse, confidant, mother to my child, cook, launderer, gardener, ditch digger and sex beast. She loves and knows American and English football and my punk music? She is the finest person on this planet and I am so lucky to have met her. I can't imagine a day away from her. She happens to be Thai. There are many horror love stories out there, but there are a few good ones.

My missus doesn't like American/English football, she doesn't launder/ garden or dig ditches and I have to wait till she goes out to listen to my punk music BUT she excels at everything else on your list.

She is 20 years younger and was a GoGo dancer and yet we have made a great life together. She already owned 2 houses when we met (a very good GoGo dancer) and told me straight I would have to support her and her 3 kids if I wanted to get involved. 5 years married now and life is grand....we laugh a lot...the kids are happy (4 now) and nothing on the horizon to indicate the next 5-10+ won't be just as good.....we had our problems, but worked through them together....have your eyes open and be honest with yourself and your partner and good things can happen.

• Like 2

This is not about our wives, it is about the OP's,

Thais have as diverse personalities as every other nationality, so to ask if this is a Isaan trait is to start with the wrong premise.

She is an adult and her personality is more or less set, Now you need to make a decision, can you live with it?

For the sake of your children I hope you can.

I'm sorry but i strongly disagree with the contention it's wise to continue a toxic relationship for the benefit of mutual children.

Yes, take care of the children for sure but if necessary do it separately. Sounds like the marriage is dead to me.

not sure what the op describes is a 'toxic relatioship'.lots of bad advice given suggesting abandoning wife and children because op is slightly bored. thai person would just get a gik or mia noi. it doesnt sound bad enough to leave. expections of married life just seem a tad high on these forums. especially considering most posters are lying through their teeth about the wonder of their own marriages.

way to deal with nagging and complaining women, go out immediately, nobody can force you to listen.

My wife of 11 years is my best friend, nurse, confidant, mother to my child, cook, launderer, gardener, ditch digger and sex beast. She loves and knows American and English football and my punk music? She is the finest person on this planet and I am so lucky to have met her. I can't imagine a day away from her. She happens to be Thai. There are many horror love stories out there, but there are a few good ones.

Your relationship is built on reality,

And maturity.

And is enviable.

Nice going.

Like I say, don't introduce anyone you love into discussion on TVF.

My point proven again and again and again……….

Remember years ago, you posted a pic of some little skinny guy on a bridge in Rome and said it as you, big mistake.

Edited by 10Yen

She likes punk music.........w00t.gif ................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ...............coffee1.gif

I am very fortunate, I have a Bisex Japanese wife and a very understanding bisexual Thai wife, we are all very happy, well, I am, that accounts for my lack of posts I guess.

Thanks, that kinda proves my point Mr 20000 plus posts.

Good video, Hiromi and Lek both enjoyed it, an iPad is a wonderful thing.

Edited by 10Yen
  • Like 1

Thais have as diverse personalities as every other nationality, so to ask if this is a Isaan trait is to start with the wrong premise.

She is an adult and her personality is more or less set, Now you need to make a decision, can you live with it?

Very well put.

ThaiVisa threads are cherry picked to bash the hell out of Thailand and Thai people, to make old men who are too old to adapt feel better about themselves, to them, it seems that living in Thailand is a hardship, very odd, I will always tell it like it is, if you are so old you can't adapt................. stay home !

Edited by 10Yen

Very well put.

ThaiVisa threads are cherry picked to bash the hell out of Thailand and Thai people, to make old men who are too old to adapt feel better about themselves, to them, it seems that living in Thailand is a hardship, very odd, I will always tell it like it is, if you are so old you can't adapt................. stay home !

Gawd...........................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Very well put.

Gawd...........................coffee1.gif

Truth hurts.

But not as much as this yellow thing with two ugly mugs.

All was well in the TBL household till she bought a stupidphone. Now she's an addict and TBL is feeling unloved sad.png . I fear that a serious talk is necessary in the very near future.

"Games without frontiers, war without tears"

sex without discussion would suit many. a can of worms is simply a can of worms until it is opened. proceed at own risk

One thing that has always amazed me is that many Thai (or maybe Isaan) ladies are hoping for that "Rich" farang to come riding in on his white stallion. I've tried to explain to these ladies that the average farang that visits Thailand is just a normal Joe.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't understand why a wealthy farang would have a need to visit a place like Thailand. Money likes Money and Money stays with Money.

Many women (no matter what you've told them) still arrive in foreign countries expecting a modern home and a new Benz. If you don't have it you better plan on hearing comments forever about how lucky everybody else is.

My question is....What has she brought to the table?

nothing but when she's face Down spread eagled on top of it everything pales into significance..

I'm sure she prefers the face down position so she doesn't have to look at you while she's faking it.

And it's "pales in comparison."

Edited by thefamilyjules

One thing that has always amazed me is that many Thai (or maybe Isaan) ladies are hoping for that "Rich" farang to come riding in on his white stallion. I've tried to explain to these ladies that the average farang that visits Thailand is just a normal Joe.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't understand why a wealthy farang would have a need to visit a place like Thailand. Money likes Money and Money stays with Money.

Many women (no matter what you've told them) still arrive in foreign countries expecting a modern home and a new Benz. If you don't have it you better plan on hearing comments forever about how lucky everybody else is.

My question is....What has she brought to the table?

nothing but when she's face Down spread eagled on top of it everything pales into significance..

I'm sure she prefers the face down position so she doesn't have to look at you while she's faking it.

And it's "pales in comparison."

nobhead

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

More ambitious than me, and complains if I do stuff that does not add value. Often earns more money per month than me despite having lower base salary.

Drives me to do more or to relax and let someone else worry about money.

So many different experiences. My wife and I have been together for over 8 years and we are about the same age. She is an Issan farm lady who only had minimal education. I am university educated, divorced and have 2 grown up children, she is divorced and has a grown up son. I couldn't physically do what she does every day. I have told her that she need not work so hard because I have enough income but... and this is the point..work is what she knows. She is happy working on the farm. For me, it took some time to come to understand that I won't be able to ( as the OP says) 'bring her up to my western style'. That concerned me for some time but now, in retrospect I have come to really appreciate the rhythm of rural life, the simplicity it offers and it is here that we can gain some insight. She has taught me some different values. Can I live 'up in the sticks' day in year out? No, I do need to get away from time to time. It may be a holiday abroad together, or lazing on a Thai beach together or maybe a trip alone to BKK to catch up with some western friends for a weekend.

I realised how lucky I was in finding this wonderful women when I thought to myself ..'I have so much admiration and respect for her' .... ha .... something I never had for my ex wife.

Life's funny huh?

I like how you honestly pointed out her minimal education.

My wife is highly educated,and it means nothing at the end of the day,she assures me that at uni there were good and bad,no different then those that never had the opportunity.

It depends on the upbringing,my wife's family were very strict,your wife was raised by her family as mine was,no one however is raised by a university therefore the odds of our wives being good or bad are equal.

You to are a lucky man and it's good to see someone that can show it's not just the educated who have decency,and not all the educated are decent anyway,it's a non issue.

Wish you and your wife continued happiness.

you should tell your wife to stop being so dam_n lazy

tell her that while she's been sat around you've been making things happen

show her your post count on this online chat forum as evidence

ps, i bet my wife is lazier than yours...!

Nope, I bet mine is lazier, she has turned it into an art form

My Chinese Thai wife has a PhD, Honors, Bachelors, speaks 15 languages, juggles and runs her own designer fashion lable. I met her in Super Pussy, Patpong and we have 3 beautiful kids and life is just perfect beyond belief. The good ones are out there if you know where to look.

Edited by MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT
  • Like 1