On my fifth . . .

MJP

Okay, the marriage thing I can understand doing that once . . . but for the life of me I cannot understand these blokes that do it multiple times. I don't just mean here in this country.

I know blokes in the UK who've been married five times xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.ttYYb5Lbfu.webp . These men were never in very well paid jobs either, not bad, but not much more than the average.

What makes a man, or a woman, as serial monogamist?

my first wife was thai we married in 64, when I got moved back to uk in 68,the visas of my wife and children were cancelled and in September 86 my marriage was annulled both by the thai and british govts, I was posted to BAOR my passport and ID card confiscated so I could not travel, on the rebound in early69 I married a german lady, 1990 I cremated that bitchgood riddance, 91 I bumped into a childhood sweetheart who was on holiday from aus, love at first sight ,been married over 20 years now ,should have married her first time round in59 lol

• Like 1

This sounds like another of those "I'm feeling very superior today, who can I have a go at?" posts, which appear far too often on TV.

Basically, just get on with your own life and try not to judge others. Who knows you may even learn some empathy.

Or is your life so empty of useful things to occupy it that you are beyond redemption?

Pathetic really.

• Like 2

Better being married 5 times than living an unhappy life with one woman, just to live up to other peoples expectations...

I have only been married once and still meet prejudices from people, because I wanted a divorce from my ex-wife. But I would do it again at any point of time, because I do not want to live an unhappy life. And I do not care what people think, since it is not their life.

People seperate or divorce for different reasons., sometimes the break up is not his fault, not what he wanted.

Some people enjoy being "married" enjoy the security and commitment to each other.

Its a personal choice or preferance, just because something didnt work out, doesnt stop you doing it again.

The art is learning from the mistakes not repeating them.

"If you do what you always did, you get what you always got"

Edited by CharlieH

I don''t understand why other people are not more like me, what's wrong with them?

They care enough about what other people think that they have to let you know that they don't care what either people think.

Edited by JLCrab

I think most people go into marriage determined to make it work, their intentions are good, but as with all resolutions the words are not as easy as the practice.

As the OP once said himself.

New Years resolution.

Never to visit the General Forum ever again.

See ya!

• Like 2

I married 6 time in my younger days in America and have accomplished 6 successful divorces. I had a 24 month rule so through it all I saved my pension.20 years single, 12 in Thailand. I am not going to push my luck.

Sent from my ME172V using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thing the word the OP is looking for is polygamist not monogamist, monogamist means having one partner?

No, that is someone who has many wives at the same time, not a series one after the other.

Marriage is only a state legalization or religious one. What about people who live together without marriage?

Does it make any difference to the OP's question?

Why not?

Knowing it's only going to last a while is better than the TDDUP fantasy.

And what's monogamy got to do with it?

In my case usually just for the paperwork requirement for some legal issue, visas or children, etc

Otherwise you're right usually no reason to make it official.

Village ceremony + sinsot's goof enough for Thais, unless you want to export 'em, usually not a good idea.

I think most people go into marriage determined to make it work, their intentions are good, but as with all resolutions the words are not as easy as the practice.

New Years resolution.

See ya!

When are we going to start following our own advice ? ;)

New Years resolution.

See ya!

When are we going to start following our own advice ? wink.png

I wish you would.