American involved in knife incident at Central Pattaya Plaza

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It so funny to read posts of all these farangs who are too scared to even mention this man is black.

you think the same way but too intimidated by western tolerasts

leftist self-censorship in action

I don't really get your point. I'm a leftist and have no problem with saying the man is a proud American black man and I ALSO think there is a real possibility that his being BLACK may have had something to do with the attitude of the shop owners in the first place!

Not sure what a "leftist" means, I dress to the left if thats it!?! What ever altercation and exchange of words occurred here we may never know. What is clear and not being disputed (to my knowledge) is that the gentlemen did produce a flick knife.

QUESTION: When did you or anyone last feel the need to carry such an item or even produce one whilst negotiating a transaction?

ANSWER: Don't pull a knife on a shop keeper, simple!

It is highly unlikely that this sober, well Kemp dress looking gentleman, at 9a.m., initiated any act of cruelty or unkindness for that is not the purpose of his visit to Pattaya. Being cheated on is the more likely situation here. As for the knife, most Americans carry a knife. Take a look at most Americans pockets or belt loops. A distinguishing identification of an American. The cheating brought on a mild argument, which the shop keeper escalated. Believe that! There is no saving face with Thai people. Even a simple mention or gesture that a Thai person has made a mistake is offensive to them. There is no such thing as a peaceful resolution to Thais. You either have to agree with them or walk away. Their country, their culture and their way. This is not America with its truer since of democracy.

Most Americans do not carry a knife on their person. It's hilarious to hear that some people actually think that though.

• Like 2

What ever happened... I find Thailand very racist towards "blacks" in general...

They are racist towards all ferang...

That word is largely about white skinned foreigners.

About this incident, some things are clear.

We don't really know what happened based on this "news" report.

The American man is at a fairness disadvantage being accused of a seriously violent crime in a strange land. Not knowing his actual guilt or innocence, if he is innocent, that may not matter.

Edited by Jingthing

It so funny to read posts of all these farangs who are too scared to even mention this man is black.

What is a "tolerast"? The man is obviously black, or at least "non-white". So what? Are you trying to encourage people to throw off the wraps and fully express their true racist feelings? What does the man's color have to do with the incident, in your view? Go ahead, let it all hang out.

truth will set you free

calling somebody's feelings racist is just hanging tags - this is what leftists like most of all. they are against any dictatorship - except the dictatorship of their own ideology...

I still don't get what you are on about. The guy is black. Fact. That may or may not have had anything to do with the incident.

What ever happened... I find Thailand very racist towards "blacks" in general...

Why do black people always use the "racist" card ,no one has mentioned his colour it is immaterial.

No one had to mention his color. It's obvious. Why do you assume anyone who is critical of racism against black people must be black themselves.

TinoThailand, doesn't sound like a black American name to me. There, it's been said.

You guys seriously believe a tourist would brandish a knife and molest her at 9am?

Small injury to one of her fingers.... <deleted>, read the story... The shopkeeper is clutching at straws!

With Pattaya left with the garbage tourism, I suspect more BS stories, scams will come from the Thai people as they try and extort money from tourists.

i agree with that...it look funny this post ....it remenber me , it happend to me on time in china that a creasy girl from a market shop made also a big story .

just like this ....she said to all people around and the police (at the end police came too!) i took some staff from her shop and put it in my bag , things i bought in another shop 15/20 minutes ago.it was very very taff because i could not explain myself...in chinese ....and in english ...forget it.

so....after a lap of time i went away just like this,....police didn't know what to do.... but she was still shouting behind me to everyboddy.

another kafka story.

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

Anyone who says the shopkeeper is racist is taking a wild leap. The guy had a knife. How does the shopkeeper or anyone know he had a knife? Because he pulled it out. A tourist would not do that. Pretty easy to see who was the aggressor here. The rest needs to be sorted out. We don't know. We do know he is not denying he had a knife.

Anyone who says the shopkeeper is racist is taking a wild leap. The guy had a knife. How does the shopkeeper or anyone know he had a knife? Because he pulled it out. A tourist would not do that. Pretty easy to see who was the aggressor here. The rest needs to be sorted out. We don't know. We do know he is not denying he had a knife.

I don't have ANY confidence in the local English language press. Happy for you that you do and take their words as facts.

If any of you had ever lived in North London ,Where people of a certain colour are allowed to do as they please for fear that any complaint would result in you being branded that most serious of names ,you would know the girl's allegations are most likely true.

Can you please beat around the bush a little more?

.No I have already noticed some post being deleted as 'racist' Whatever happened to free speech?

Read from page 17 in the Longest hatred.A book banned by the british government...Start page 17.

google.

I just looked it up and started reading it. I wouldn't recommend any wastes their time- it's badly written, paranoid neo-nazi nonsense with sub-headings like "Race Mixing is Deadlier than the H-Bomb" and the "Jews and their Lies". Apparently- spoiler alert- everything is a plan by the Jewish banks to wipe out the white race with 'forced' race mixing. But the ending lets us know that apparently Jesus is coming back to destroy the Jewish World Government so everything's going to be okay. rolleyes.gif

I mean... why would someone even bother reading such nonsense, let alone recommending it to someone else? I'm actually not 100% sure that it's not a parody of moronic conspiracy writing, it's that badly argued and put together.

It's so bad it'd be funny if there weren't people out there who actually believe this stuff.

I just googled it as well, anyone who believes this crap is a moron of the first degree ,no sorry that is unfair to morons.

The article talks about an American. Is that progress, or is it a racial insult, not to be called a Farang?

That's a tricky question but in reality the local press generally refers to the nationality of foreigners in their reports regardless.

I don't believe this story. I wonder if a guy got angry for trying to be ripped off.

which is more likely, a tourist pulling a knife at 9 am in shop or a shop keeper trying to rip off a tourist?

I carry a knife, it's my right, but I've never used it for anything other than cutting fruit.

Maybe the guy just bought the knife off the street from a vendor?

who knows? but I don't believe this story.

It is your "RIGHT" to carry a knife here??????? Where did you aquire this "right" from that even Thais have not? Did you forget that you are not in Canada?

In Canada we have the "right" to carry a knife as long as it can be seen in a pouch on our belts and cannot have a blade longer than 4". That is for protection against bears etc. But here you do not have thar right.

Please elaborate?

I don't believe this story. I wonder if a guy got angry for trying to be ripped off.

which is more likely, a tourist pulling a knife at 9 am in shop or a shop keeper trying to rip off a tourist?

I carry a knife, it's my right, but I've never used it for anything other than cutting fruit.

Maybe the guy just bought the knife off the street from a vendor?

who knows? but I don't believe this story.

It is your "RIGHT" to carry a knife here??????? Where did you aquire this "right" from that even Thais have not? Did you forget that you are not in Canada?

In Canada we have the "right" to carry a knife as long as it can be seen in a pouch on our belts and cannot have a blade longer than 4". That is for protection against bears etc. But here you do not have thar right.

Please elaborate?

Do you have a lot of bears roaming streets and back alleys in Canada?

If you are carrying a concealed flick knife ,it is not to get stones out of horses hooves or cut fruit ,thats for sure ,and as for all this going on about him being black ,nothing was said about that and it does not matter a flying fart ,he was in a shop ,he pulled out a flick knife and then "allegedly" groped a woman ,that is the story.

Bizzare.

Something wrong with the guy.

....or something wrong with the story.......

I would tend to consider the latter? Black farangs already know they're under constant scrutiny by Thais, searching for the worse they can find in Black people. Blacks tend to avoid altercations with Thais, AMAP. Something is definitely not kosher with the story thread.

It's alleged and appears to be nothing more than a story with little detail. I will leave the Judge, Jury and Sentencing part to others that have the facts, education and credentials in Thailand.

"Point a finger when accusing, and three more are pointed back at you."

"The facts, education and credentials in Thailand?" cheesy.gif

You guys seriously believe a tourist would brandish a knife and molest her at 9am?

Small injury to one of her fingers.... <deleted>, read the story... The shopkeeper is clutching at straws!

With Pattaya left with the garbage tourism, I suspect more BS stories, scams will come from the Thai people as they try and extort money from tourists.

Ha ha, right on the spot. After having driven out all the high value and quality tourists who would bring good business to such shops, the govt has encouraged very cheap low quality chinese and russian group and family tourists who do not patronise such highly creative works of art souvenier shops. So they need to scam the few who visit them!!!

• Like 1

I don't really get your point. I'm a leftist and have no problem with saying the man is a proud American black man and I ALSO think there is a real possibility that his being BLACK may have had something to do with the attitude of the shop owners in the first place!

can you admit that people are not equal? than in general IQ of Africans is 20 points lower than Caucasian, and Asian IQ is even higher than Caucasians?

"People are not equal" "The IQ of Africans is generally 20 points lower than a Caucasian"

Are you for real? Do you honestly believe this nasty racist bullshit? Sadly i guess you do. I guess this makes you the exception to your own rule, your IQ must surely be about the same as your shoe size.

I like the part about "adult-orientated" souvenirs. Sounds if she is accusing him of being some kind of sex addict, although she is the one that is selling. Usually this type of stuff isnt sold openly in the states, so of course he might have been curious and was looking at it.

The whole story just seems a bit odd, but of course the world is full of odd people.

OK OK this is what happened.

Firstly as an intro Thais are racist to dark skin / black skin, you hear it a lot with dark Thai girls also, anyone disagree?

American has a look around, is loud, asks some questions, woman is rude back, American becomes louder and doesn't like the rudeness, it then spirals out of control. Knife part is unclear.

I personally have met 1 or 2 Americans recently really over the top loud which may push some people too far.

• Like 1