Visa overstay of 3 days

I might have to exit Thailand via Don Muang airport, 2 or 3 days past my 90 days Non O.

The question is, will they put some ugly red stamp on my passport or they will just make me pay the 500B day and give me a receipt?

Thanks.

I took out an old passport to look for this stamp, as many years ago i remember to have paid for one day of OS, because for the immigration, the date you see stamped it's already counted as an overstay, before that i was convinced that the date stamped would be considered as a "legal day" and i remember to have had a lengthy discussion about this at the payment desk, needless to say, to no avail.....

The stamp also was not in red ink but blue, all in thai but you can read the money you paid and a few more numbers...

I had a 3 day overstay many years ago in an old passport and, as you said, it is a small blue stamp not red. I just checked! Since then I've had 4 visas issued in Penang and many 1 year extensions, work, marriage and retirement with no problems.

Edited by wayned

Fed up with seeing the same people posting negative comments over and over again without contributing any useful or pertinent information.

Maybe we both should turn off our computers, have a cold one and chill out!

From a cantankerous and grumpy old fart!

• Like 1

wayned, on 09 Jan 2014 - 16:08, said:

Fed up with seeing the same people posting negative comments over and over again without contributing any useful or pertinent information.

Maybe we both should turn off our computers, have a cold one and chill out!

From a cantankerous and grumpy old fart!

Glad to hear you are following my posts.

Many Thanks.

Fed up listening to the same question been asked on TVF for a million times.

Why don' you read numerous previous postings on the same subject?

My dear, i am sorry that you feel fed up, perhaps you should just swap your readings with something more appropriate to your personal capabilities, if you know what i mean.....

And just to answer your question (as you seem unable to understand it by yourself), i do read past postings, and by doing that i am also aware that laws changes or simply are or are not enforced on a series of many many various factors, that's why it make perfect sense to keep checking on the same issues over and over again.

I too would like to live in a world where everything it's clear without the need to do 1000's checks, unfortunately we are living on a situation that's far from being perfect, so, unless you have a secret solution to that, i will keep double/triple/forever checking....

I have been googling and searching all the old posts relating to overstay and I must admit there is loads of advice, theories and experiences.

There is also a very simple solution.

Don't <deleted> overstay!!!

Your world is full of calendars and clocks. Your mobile phone has a calendar and an alarm function fffs! How difficult is it to calculate when you should leave?

• Like 2

Your world is full of calendars and clocks. Your mobile phone has a calendar and an alarm function fffs! How difficult is it to calculate when you should leave?

Another "Alice in wonderland" kind of post.

As everyone's life is different, it's too simple to say that because your particular situation make it easy to overcome this strictness in dates, it should be the same for everybody else too....what do you know about every single person private life???

You are too "easy" my friend, and i don't mean it in a good manner, same as that other genius before, with a greek flag.

• Like 1

Another "Alice in wonderland" kind of post.

As everyone's life is different, it's too simple to say that because your particular situation make it easy to overcome this strictness in dates, it should be the same for everybody else too....what do you know about every single person private life???

You are too "easy" my friend, and i don't mean it in a good manner, same as that other genius before, with a greek flag.

You are right !

Those with dysfunctional, disordered lives often find they have to pay the price of stupidity.smile.png

Those with dysfunctional, disordered lives often find they have to pay the price of stupidity.smile.png

Yes i agree.

Even from a purely monetary point of view, what is 500B a day compared to the cost of one night in a decent hotel, plus all the meals and other connected expenses ?.

As usual, some people seems to have more money than common sense.....

• 2 months later...

Your post makes no sense ?

Can you clarify what is being asked ?

I have overstayed for 3 months, and the fine I will have to pay is 20k but I want to know if I get a thai id now would it change anything? Because I be a thai citizen then but I have a british passport

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have overstayed for 3 months, and the fine I will have to pay is 20k but I want to know if I get a thai id now would it change anything? Because I be a thai citizen then but I have a british passport

Are you Thai?

If not how is the Thai ID to be obtained ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Are you Thai?

im half thai half british born in thailand I got all the shizzle to get it and just want to know if it even changes my visa overstay thingy sorry if all this is confusing im young and dont know non of this visa thing :/ just seeking advice thanks

Are you Thai?

im half thai half british born in thailand I got all the shizzle to get it and just want to know if it even changes my visa overstay thingy sorry if all this is confusing im young and dont know non of this visa thing :/ just seeking advice thanks

I am no expert but you will have to leave with the same passport which was used to enter Thailand .

Attempting to dodge a 20,000 Bht overstay fine by now claiming to be Thai seems to me not possible.

Someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon and I hope they can assist.

Are you Thai?

I am no expert but you will have to leave with the same passport which was used to enter Thailand .

Attempting to dodge a 20,000 Bht overstay fine by now claiming to be Thai seems to me not possible.

Someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon and I hope they can assist.

my friend has uk passport but his a full thai and has the id he has to pay visa once a year, aparantly the time he has to pay visa is when he enters the country and thats on arrival at the airport stamp but the stamp on his passport also says the same date as mine but he said he comes here every year and has no problem with visa, I reallu dont know I guess I have to see what happens thanks for the help Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quotes (space after [/quote] needed)

I have overstayed for 3 months now and if I go and retrieve mu thai id would that clear my overstay or wpuld I still have to pay the fine still...

Since you entered on your UK passport you are subject to immigration rules. You will have to pay the overstay fine when you leave the country.

You need to get a Thai passport and then leave the country using your UK passport and pay the overstay. Then enter another country and return using your Thai passport for entry. You will need to do this by air because it is virtually impossible to do at a land border because the will want to see your stamps for leaving and then entering the other country in the passport you enter on.

You could go to court about the overstay and see how the judge will rule.

In general judges give a much lesser fine than immigration and they may say that it is not possible for you to overstay as you are a Thai national. (I don't know of any case that has tried to see how a judge will rule.).

But it will take a court case, which can take a long time. The easy way out is to pay the overstay fine.