Watching British TV on a computer in Thailand

russianrobert

thanks for the info ,

are there any android apps that do the same thing ?

uktv is available as an android app. its free at the moment as they are not 100% happy with it. it gives 10 channels that change from time to time and there are a couple of glitches but it generally works fine. download and enjoy before they start charging.

Which app? There are a few UKTV apps. Thanks

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Start here http://www.uk-tv.asia/ download the app from their site.

UKTV at. 3,800 Baht for the year is an absolute must if you want British TV.

All the UK TV is free on XBMC - no monthly fees etc - free software so why pay for it ..

A few issues with this XBMC approach:

1. What internet band speed do you watch it on? Whenever I try this on a 10mbps line I cannot always get it not to buffer, unless its a TOT feed for stuff like ITV choice etc?

2. This is live TV needs recording to watch it at a reasonable time for most folks in far east? Cannot same be achieved just using the BBC and ITV iplayers using geo unblocker?

1. Speed - all you need is 4mbs or above and it works 100% with out buffering and it is free to watch

2. There are many plugins that allow recording / dowloading if that is what you want to do. You can also time shift it too if that is what you want and it is free to watch

Why pay money for a free service?

If you are getting good, reliable, streaming from a free service, stick with it of course.

Others, like us, are on relatively slow, high latency links where the small buffer streams simply don't work reliably, adding speed does not necessarily improve matters. It is in these circumstances where applications like UK-TV win hands down, it will even work on a 1Mbs hotel connection (you need to let it build up a bit of a buffer before watching). A real sanity-saver if you don't want to watch cricket in incredible India.

• Like 1

Tried XBMC and found it totally unreliable when wanting quick reliable, non stop-start viewing. I pay for UKTV because that's exactly what I DO get.

So there were problems between the screen and keyboard, one would assume, as I even use it on my old 1stgen android tablets here with 100% success - hmm.

It's dangerous to assume Jon. Where is 'here', what sort of internet connection do you have?

We have ToT WiNet as there is no available land-line in the village, outright speed is pretty good (7Mbps) but the ping and latency is carp. None of the small-buffer streaming applications work reliably (yes, even XBMC).

UK-TV and 365Sport which are both large-buffer applications work well, just install and run, compared with TrueVisions the cost is minimal and the content infinitely better.

• Like 1

UK-TV is great. Got it on my phone. Laptop and desktop.. Been watching TV all day.... :DIt's good hearing British voices rather than American B)Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does it wrk on iPad or only android?

check out the post by Crossy above. I think not.

Edited by casualbiker

UK-TV is great. Got it on my phone. Laptop and desktop.. Been watching TV all day.... :DIt's good hearing British voices rather than American B)Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Does it wrk on iPad or only android?
check out the post by Crossy above.

Don't see anything mentioned about iPad

It's dangerous to assume Jon. Where is 'here', what sort of internet connection do you have?

We have ToT WiNet as there is no available land-line in the village, outright speed is pretty good (7Mbps) but the ping and latency is carp. None of the small-buffer streaming applications work reliably (yes, even XBMC).

UK-TV and 365Sport which are both large-buffer applications work well, just install and run, compared with TrueVisions the cost is minimal and the content infinitely better.

TiT always assume, Internet is from:

mobile data hot spots on ais, true and dtac on wap (only 128k) , H, 3g and good old fashioned 4mbs adsl pots line etc .. most of which via mobile you can get from the Nakon Nowhere village via a mobile hot spot on your phone right so if the local Uk pirated server works .. so will XBMC who has the rights from the BBC/Filmon company.

Edited by joncl

There are many sites that stream bbc and most British tv. One of them is this, it has pretty much every major news channels stream for free, just navigate the menu, this is BBC World News: http://2ndrun.tv/news_directory/international/bbc-world-news/

that works good....thanks

any stream of Deutsche Welle ?

France 24 ,

Channel news Asia ?

My hotel had these in the summer but they are gone now :(

There are many sites that stream bbc and most British tv. One of them is this, it has pretty much every major news channels stream for free, just navigate the menu, this is BBC World News: http://2ndrun.tv/news_directory/international/bbc-world-news/

that works good....thanks

any stream of Deutsche Welle ?

France 24 ,

Channel news Asia ?

My hotel had these in the summer but they are gone now :(

I think 2ndrun.tv has all those, the navigation slightly sucks on this site, I know the guy who runs it.. His previous design was much easier to navigate.

Also, try this one, not blocked, so no proxy needed, it often has HBO live,

He always stream Real Time With Bill Maher, every Fri on HBO, hbo is hidden behind link named Twoon,

guy who runs this site avoids full ch names, bots have more difficult time finding live streams, and DMCA shut downs are less frequent that way. There are UK channels there too, like ITV and Channel4

This site is one of the few that has US MSNBC live stream up 24/7 for past few years, link is hidden under Rockinrooster Politics, top 2 rows of links on top of the page.

Here's link to France24, it is sometimes down, but there is lots more there:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/france-24-english-chat/

Edited by valgehiir

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sumrit. I installed zenmate extension in Google Chrome. Still no iPlayer.

Try Hola. I have been using it for months to view both the BBC & ITV iplayers.

It had some rather annoying behaviour initially (such as suspending some of your Google searches for 5 seconds) to try to persuade you to upgrade to the paid version, but that seems to have stopped now. You can choose your "location" from a list of 12 countries.