The Shinawatras will not go down without a fight

webfact

Well the missuderstood fugitive had some torching done when he lost Bangkok before. His revenge will be destruction and killing I fear.

Let's hope that if it does all come down to another desperate leader being stuck in a bunker (albeit on a golf course this time) and with his 'reich' crumbling all around him he too can be prevented from selfishly trying to destroy the country.

• Like 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more garbage and propoganda from Thanong Khanthong and The Nation, the blatently pro yellow shirt newspaper.

I think it would be advisable for you to read the article again, and again, and again.

you sound exactly like a victim of The Nation newspaper brainwashing machine.

Well, Thanong says in the article: 'From the above, it is clear that Thaksin and Yingluck have lost the legal battle. There is no chance that their returning to political power, except via a coup.' Yet, even if the 308 MPs are banned, it doesn't result in a People's Council. My impression is they can still contest the election, but may be barred from taking their seats should NACC rule against them. Then you've got the Senate stage and court stage to go through to know whether they'll be banned. If they're barred from taking their seats, that will only result in more by-elections and parliament has 180 days to form government I believe (from memory).

So yes, it's still not clear how you get from court action to council without military intervention or article 7. But article 7 requires a vacuum and I believe Yingluck is obliged to stay on as caretaker by the constitution, until the next government is formed. So where's the vaccuum as long as the caretaker government remains?

And the idea that there could be a pro-Thaksin coup is just nuts. It's still the government who hold the cards unless the military are willing to intervene as far as I can see. For the court intervention, it surely only works if the Democrats were contesting the election, then they might be able to arrange something like they did in 2008.

I believe they have 30 days to form government. There was a lot of discussion on that after 2011 election.

If a government can't be formed, the EC has 180 days to organise new elections. In 2006, the EC scheduled elections on October 15 after government couldn't be formed 30 days after the April election. Although that may have been due to the election being invalidated in early May 2006.

Thaksin is such a magnanimous character his empathy and charity is legendary, not. This is a guy who cares so much about himself that he happily has dragged his family down to his level of greed and corruption and he continues to align their fortune with his. He has given them no chance of escape they must either sink or swim with him. Any honourable man would have refused to put his family at risk, and bowed out of the public scene and let his sister run the government for the people instead of his risky agenda.

Agree, however if he wasn't so intense about his personal agenda his sister would never have been in the current picture at all.

Now, because of his personal agenda she is seriously entangled. What is unknown is whether she really ever agreed with the whole scam at it's start or how it's turned out, or perhaps she would love to bale out right now. Who knows.

There is now the possibility it will get her into some very serious trouble.

• Like 1

Well the missuderstood fugitive had some torching done when he lost Bangkok before. His revenge will be destruction and killing I fear.

Let's hope that if it does all come down to another desperate leader being stuck in a bunker (albeit on a golf course this time) and with his 'reich' crumbling all around him he too can be prevented from selfishly trying to destroy the country.

Goes for both sides.

How about this if Thaksin returns to Thailand to face his jail term. That should piss off Suthep. Thaksin would serve his two years in a 4 star jail have access to his people and just control this situation from within Thailand. The PTP will stay in power and once his term is up (out after 1 and half years for good behavior) he will be back free man. I love to see the face of Suthep if this happened.

This is a non-starter. Convicted felons cannot be PM or, in Dr. Thaksin's case, President. If he admits guilt, he can't get his frozen funds back

• Like 1

How about this if Thaksin returns to Thailand to face his jail term. That should piss off Suthep. Thaksin would serve his two years in a 4 star jail have access to his people and just control this situation from within Thailand. The PTP will stay in power and once his term is up (out after 1 and half years for good behavior) he will be back free man. I love to see the face of Suthep if this happened.

IF he ever came back and went to jail he would then face the rest of the charges waiting for him and they are far more serious than the one he was convicted of.

Why not Google outsatnding charges for Thaksin.

Who knows you may even learn something.

• Like 1

There absolutely no chance of that happening. Thaksin wouldn't come back if he had to spend a single day in jail.

exactly... Thaksin is his own biggest obstacle too... for some reason, few people associate the creation of all his 'enemies' or detractors to his own failings... all this would never have started had he just paid the tax on the sale of all those shares to Temasek holdings (the ample rich company saga)... and how he engineered the change in that law 2 days before the sale transaction took place... oh well... let's hope there's no violence this time...

• Like 1

Propoganda plain and simple - shame Thailand's media can't be independent.

I have to disagree. I see no propaganda whatsoever in that article. I think your being a little unfair on the Nation.

Sure they are biased but this report basically tells it like it is. Even the Prayuth bit, anyone watching or reading the news would have noticed a significant change in his tone and messages.

Thaksin and his ilk massively over reached with the pushing through of that Charter Bill.

All commentators pretty much agree and most can't really work out why he could have been so dumb as to have walked into a trap like this.

From his desperate actions to push that through he has now set off a chain of events that will undoubtedly end up with those 308 MPs being banned plus the Senate bunch.

PURGED!

It's the easiest way for the powers that be to clear house. Hell it's the only way they have.

And no... I am not for either side, I find it all rather aggravating that these two sides are using the country and it's people as cannon fodder for their miserable end games.

Well, Thanong says in the article: 'From the above, it is clear that Thaksin and Yingluck have lost the legal battle. There is no chance that their returning to political power, except via a coup.' Yet, even if the 308 MPs are banned, it doesn't result in a People's Council. My impression is they can still contest the election, but may be barred from taking their seats should NACC rule against them. Then you've got the Senate stage and court stage to go through to know whether they'll be banned. If they're barred from taking their seats, that will only result in more by-elections and parliament has 180 days to form government I believe (from memory).

So yes, it's still not clear how you get from court action to council without military intervention or article 7. But article 7 requires a vacuum and I believe Yingluck is obliged to stay on as caretaker by the constitution, until the next government is formed. So where's the vaccuum as long as the caretaker government remains?

And the idea that there could be a pro-Thaksin coup is just nuts. It's still the government who hold the cards unless the military are willing to intervene as far as I can see. For the court intervention, it surely only works if the Democrats were contesting the election, then they might be able to arrange something like they did in 2008.

You forget there are 8 constituencies where no one is standing, that may mean they wont get a the minimum requirement of MP's. This is why the AG is saying the election is a waste of money and need s to be postponed. It all sounds ominously familiar, but this time the military are reluctant to intervene but their hand may be forced by extreme violence.

Adul also admitted that the black-clad individuals believed to have fired live bullets into the crowd from the rooftop of the Labour Ministry nearby were police officers.

Well, "believed" is the operative word here, since there's no evidence they fired live bullets.

Just like there is no evidence that MiB lobbed grenades and fired into non-red-shirts you mean?

Now stop the red-herrings and stick to the topic.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Several good points but all one sided, and a lot of drivel and BS mixed in. Both Suthep and Thaksin are equally

corrupt. If anti government protesters really expect a change and an eventual end of corruption they should turn

to someone who has the moral and ethical integrity to lead a new party. I have no Idea who it may be but

I hope he/she is found in the not to distant future. Maybe someone from an academic background.

Adul also admitted that the black-clad individuals believed to have fired live bullets into the crowd from the rooftop of the Labour Ministry nearby were police officers.

Well, "believed" is the operative word here, since there's no evidence they fired live bullets.

That "belief" was enhanced by the original lies about their presence. Most people are aware that liars usually lie for a reason, and credibility is a very hard thing to restore. Ask the PM.

Like comments it definitely was not the army on the bts line.

more garbage and propoganda from Thanong Khanthong and The Nation, the blatently pro yellow shirt newspaper.

Propoganda plain and simple - shame Thailand's media can't be independent.

Actually it is an excellent article and skewers the Thaksin project just where they don't like it.

• Like 1

Garbage? You obviously did not understand the report.

Propoganda? Oh! Propaganda!

Blatently? Ah! blatantly!

You have demonstrated a lack of awareness of the criminality of Thaksin and the danger he poses to Thailand as a democracy and as a free, functioning society.

You certainly have not understood recent history.

• Like 2

what A completely inflammatory and biased article unbelievable tripe.

Reactions of the above type littering the forum. If there is one thing that sends the Thakisn Cheerleader Club absolutely apopleptic is seeing in print the statement that Its All About Thaksin. All those contributions and still they fail to move the pointer. Bad luck chaps. Maybe you can make up for the failure with volume of entries from the boiler room. Leave has been cancelled for the duration?

there is only one outcome to all of this and it may be this year or in 10 years and that is Civil war.

Too many forigners commenting have absolutly no idea what they are talking about and really it is idiotic to read.

I hate Thaksin for what he has done to immigration policys in Thailand ..this has damaged many familys for NO reason.

Thaksin is a meglomaniac plain and simple..what the hell does a man of almost 70 need more money or power for..answer he's sick

Clear all the Shinawatras out they are parasites living off the backs of decent Thais

Thai airways being privatized is his new little play thing..all to feed his buddys on Wall St as he did with Thai OIl

this post demonstrates the poorest understanding of Thailand and the issues facing it of all contributions, from red, yellow, neutral, clueless, over the past 3 months

But it does nicely illustrate where some of the hate comes from.............."I hate Thaksin for what he has done to immigration policys in Thailand"

Second only to not being able to buy an alcoholic drink in a shop between the hours of 2 and 5pm tuzki-bunny-emoticon-007.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Like it or not Thaksin has been the best leader Thailand has had in many years . It is unfortunate that his success both in personal business and for

Thailand has been seen as usurping the powers of the King , his courtiers and other elite . The success of Thailand as a world economy is irrelevant to

Thailand having a traditional pecking order , control of the country must be in elite hands where it belongs , so that those who see themselves as rightfully entitled can cream off all the benefits . If other lesser beings have access to seen or unseen perks then that is corruption .

Thaksin has gained himself a following , not for bought popularity as people like to stress ; he has instigated a fairer distribution of funding to the

poorer regions of Thailand , which has made a huge difference to life in poor rural communities . In a developing country , nobody's perfect , you have to accept the good with the bad . Thaksin's governance brought international business to Thailand , gave Thailand a higher profile in the world . People want to overthrow all of that because he got too big for his boots , made too much money for himself .

So what choices has Thailand got . There is no obvious leader that can in anyway match Thaksin in effectiveness for Thailand or popularity in the country .

Political and constitutional law is an ASS and only serves to make governing Thailand more difficult if not impossible .

Suthep has NO plans for reform other than to return power to the elite . How can you reform a country that is corrupt as a way of life , where none of the people respect the law and where laws are not enforced or even too complex to be enforced . Talking about reform in a few months or years is a nonsense .

Thai people are responsible for corruption at every level and for the lack of respect for the law ; so The people have to learn to live with those

imperfections . Thailand as a country has to be governed , irrespective of its internal short comings .

Clearly, it is time for your afternoon nap.......
I would add and stay off the drugs and booze...it's really f...ing the brain.

One cannot argue with the fact that Thaksin was good for his chauffeur's bank account.

Just like there is no evidence that MiB lobbed grenades and fired into non-red-shirts you mean?

What is it with you and grenades? Are you a weekend warrior? I love it when you complain about others being off topic, just after you slip your own sly little off topic comment in. Do you understand hypocrisy?

• Like 1

there is only one outcome to all of this and it may be this year or in 10 years and that is Civil war.

Too many forigners commenting have absolutly no idea what they are talking about and really it is idiotic to read.

I hate Thaksin for what he has done to immigration policys in Thailand ..this has damaged many familys for NO reason.

Thaksin is a meglomaniac plain and simple..what the hell does a man of almost 70 need more money or power for..answer he's sick

Clear all the Shinawatras out they are parasites living off the backs of decent Thais

Thai airways being privatized is his new little play thing..all to feed his buddys on Wall St as he did with Thai OIl

this post demonstrates the poorest understanding of Thailand and the issues facing it of all contributions, from red, yellow, neutral, clueless, over the past 3 months

But it does nicely illustrate where some of the hate comes from.............."I hate Thaksin for what he has done to immigration policys in Thailand"

Second only to not being able to buy an alcoholic drink in a shop between the hours of 2 and 5pm tuzki-bunny-emoticon-007.gif

Of minor importance compared to Thaksin Interior Minister Purachai's past attempt to ban the wearing of spaghetti straps by Thailand's young ladies.

• Like 1

Like it or not Thaksin has been the best leader Thailand has had in many years . It is unfortunate that his success both in personal business and for

Thailand has been seen as usurping the powers of the King , his courtiers and other elite . The success of Thailand as a world economy is irrelevant to

Thailand having a traditional pecking order , control of the country must be in elite hands where it belongs , so that those who see themselves as rightfully entitled can cream off all the benefits . If other lesser beings have access to seen or unseen perks then that is corruption .

Thaksin has gained himself a following , not for bought popularity as people like to stress ; he has instigated a fairer distribution of funding to the

poorer regions of Thailand , which has made a huge difference to life in poor rural communities . In a developing country , nobody's perfect , you have to accept the good with the bad . Thaksin's governance brought international business to Thailand , gave Thailand a higher profile in the world . People want to overthrow all of that because he got too big for his boots , made too much money for himself .

So what choices has Thailand got . There is no obvious leader that can in anyway match Thaksin in effectiveness for Thailand or popularity in the country .

Political and constitutional law is an ASS and only serves to make governing Thailand more difficult if not impossible .

Suthep has NO plans for reform other than to return power to the elite . How can you reform a country that is corrupt as a way of life , where none of the people respect the law and where laws are not enforced or even too complex to be enforced . Talking about reform in a few months or years is a nonsense .

Thai people are responsible for corruption at every level and for the lack of respect for the law ; so The people have to learn to live with those

imperfections . Thailand as a country has to be governed , irrespective of its internal short comings .

Again as the kids coach said in The Waterboy."Don't smoke crack."

Habs Just wondering are you beating a dead political horse or is that the futile attempt of the habs to be a hockey power again.

A team that has 8 players named to the Olympic roster suggests a force to be reckoned with.

Sort of like the Shinawatra clan. They have had their ups and downs, but only a fool would count them out.

The former PM Thaksin still has a few tricks up his sleeve. His has been uncharacteristically quiet for the last month.

IMO, he has been very quiet because that is the only way he can still have a place to stay. If he opens his mouth, he might have to go live with his eternal friend and corrupt business buddy Hun Sen.

In general, countries don't like divisive people like Takki Shinegra to use them as a base to cause more division and hatred.

http://www.dahlina.com/news/thaksins-new-name-takki-shinegra.html

Thaksin would be very aware of the threat of being kicked out of Dubai.

It is the most luxurious city in the world and you can't expect a champion of the poor to live like them. Who do you think he is, Ghandi? whistling.gif

What is it with you and grenades? Are you a weekend warrior? I love it when you complain about others being off topic, just after you slip your own sly little off topic comment in. Do you understand hypocrisy?

My dear fabs, I'm getting annoyed with people always going on about "no evidence, so it isn't true". Just like the discussion I had with your predecessor on "Thaksin involved in peace talks" last year. No proff, not tru and confirmation a year later.

I don't slyly slip in my comments. I do it openly for all to see and do it just to show how annoying it is when others feel a need for 'no evidence, not true' again.

As for hypocrisy, well I've read some of your posts.

PS currently sitting in a computer room at one of the local banks wearing a black shirt with 'GLOCK perfection" and a gun on it biggrin.png