Desirable Men

gisele

:o Ladies, please forgive me....Mea Culpa....

I am surprised that 'humor' in a desirable man hasn't been mentioned...but maybe I have missed that point.

Humor between partners is such an extremely important ingredient in a relation, isn't it?

Again, humble: forgive me :D

LaoPo

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

his head was a bit too small, a bit peanutty :o Sorry!

laopo, you missed by post about jack Black, he's a funny man, both looking & humour wise. I know plenty a guy who can laugh a gal into the sack, just as long as he knows what to do with her once she's there she wont laugh herself out of it :D

I am a blessed man I suppose.

From the first day I met my wife, we laugh every day, despite the fact that we come from entirely different worlds...East meets West. :o

We have the rare ability to understand each others' humor/humour in a split second and quite often the tears roll off our cheeks from laughter.

I've never ever laughed so much my entire life and that's a blessing :D and so....comfortable also.

LaoPo :D

and what are our feelings about James Blunt?

:o

There's "sensitive man" and there's "great big girl's blouse". If you're talking singers, the desirable type has to be .... errr..... Barry White????

Read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4743500.stm

Barry tones beat Blunt's vocals

Women are more likely to prefer the deep tones of Barry White to the higher pitched vocals of James Blunt when looking for a mate, scientists believe.

Research at St Andrews University found women prefer men with masculine voices, especially during their fertile phase.

They like men with dominant voices as they are thought to indicate long-term health and higher reproductive success.

It follows research findings that women during their fertile phase prefer men with more masculine faces.

However, the researchers found that when not fertile, women were more likely to be attracted to a more feminine voice signalling a more caring man, more likely to invest in a long-term relationship.

'Mating success'

Researchers said only attractive, feminine women did not vary preference over the menstrual cycle, possibly because they may find it easier to establish a long-term relationship with men with deep voices, indicative of high levels of testosterone.

Dr David Feinberg, St Andrews University researcher, said: "We already know male vocal attractiveness is highly related to masculinity and men with attractive voices have more mating success than men with unattractive voices.

"We asked women to assess attractiveness and dominance of voices across the menstrual cycle and predicted that preference for masculinity in men's voices would be stronger when conception risk is high.

"Women's preferences for masculine voices change over the menstrual cycle: women prefer masculine voices more when fertile."

Dr Feinberg added: "But, the menstrual cycle does not affect every woman's preferences equally.

"While we normally think that masculine men are more out for one-night stands than marriage, our research suggests that highly attractive and feminine women can get these masculine men to look for commitment."

The research is published in the latest issue of science journal Hormones and Behaviour.

OK, eye candy it is :o

Johnny Depp comes to mind as a completely gorgeous guy, great ability and quite clearly and individual (the clothes he wears! the clothes he can get away with because he's gorgeous :D)

Interestingly enough, both Johnny and Keanu (another very hot one) are both in their 40's as is George Clooney.

Young guys, well, Orlando Bloom is cute but a bit too feminine for my tastes I think. But, I can see that he is a very attractive guy. Gael Garcia Bernal is gorgeous, I agree.

Is there any new guys coming out that you see replacing the Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp/Keanu Reeves trinity of goodlooking blockbusters?

What was the surfing movie he was in with the other cutie - Patrick Swayze and a cameo appearance of the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Swoon again.

Perhaps we should have a Keanu Appreciation Thread?!!

Sign me up!!!!

Or maybe we should rent a place with a really big screen and throw a lady's marathon of his films (we can fast forward through the long chase scenes in Matrix...I always do)

But what is this about dumb? Say it isn't so! Where does that come from? To me, his off-screen presence seems low-key and unassuming, no showing off, but it never struck me as dumb..and he had the brains tio choose to be in the Matrix Trilogy, which to really understand requires a considerable background in gnosticism and eastern religions...oh, say it isn't so!!!!

Because if true, it would ruin it for me. Intelligence is a must....

Back to Keanu - How the hel_l could Diane Keaton have stood him up in favour for the fossil - Jack Nicholson in that other movie I can't remember the name of?!!

OK, we've established the name of MY most desirabe man.

Another one is Olivier Martinez (Fiancé of Kylie), also the new James Bond is not too bad either...

I think it is called "Something's gotta give", not sure though

but I agree, MY GOD, she chose Jack over Keanu, what was she thinking :o

Great minds think alike..our at least the ladies on TV do. The ending of "Somethings Gotta Give" was AWFUL and ruined what up to that point had been a not bad, reasonably entertaining flick (more than that during the shots where Keanu appeared, natch). NO WOMAN would dump Keanu for Jack Nicholson, not ever. The script writers were missing a few neurons to say the least. The irony is that the film seemed to be aiming for a female audience...and they were doing OK until that preposterous ending. The supposed rational - -that she preferred to be with a man her own age -- made no sense whatsoever given that the Nicholson character had the emotional maturity of a spoiled 5 year old.

What's the matter with these film makers, don't they screen test these things???

Agree that John Cusack's attractive...and George Clooney definietly had my vote while on ER. Didn't care for him in his action movies nor in"Intolerable Cruelty", but he totally redeemed himself with the trip to Darfur and watching him off-screen on BBC and the like, came across VERY desirable. Cannot equal Keanu of course but quite possibly the second runner up.

I don't see any replacements for these guys in the wings, but maybe that's my age showing...the young guys just coming on the scene look like children to me....

But what is this about dumb? Say it isn't so! Where does that come from? To me, his off-screen presence seems low-key and unassuming, no showing off, but it never struck me as dumb..and he had the brains tio choose to be in the Matrix Trilogy, which to really understand requires a considerable background in gnosticism and eastern religions...oh, say it isn't so!!!!

Because if true, it would ruin it for me. Intelligence is a must....

Sheryl, did you ever see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

I'll let you in to a secret: he wasn't really acting. He actually just is a dumb stoner (who happens to look dam-ned hot running around in black leather and sunglasses).

And have you ever seen any of his other 'characters' articulate in anything other than monosyllables? I'm afraid your love / lust is blinding you to the obvious, Sheryl!

I mean he is gorgeous, no doubt about that. But pure eye candy, no substance.

Back to Keanu - How the hel_l could Diane Keaton have stood him up in favour for the fossil - Jack Nicholson in that other movie I can't remember the name of?!!

It's called character. One has it in spades, the other doesn't.

Edited by Sir Burr

Guest endure

Can I have a go? (I am gay). I find the quiet, reserved and deeply sexy Matt Damon rather attractive. Real boyfriend material :o

I also love how the majority of posters on this thread are men, on THEIR idea of desirable men.

Thanks boys, but I do think we can figure it out from here, and don't need to be "guided" to the answer :D

Actually Kat, ladies...... have y'all noticed how MOST of the posters on the LADIES Forum are men!! :o:D:D

:D:D

Guest endure
Matt Damon is good, he comes across a little bit nerdy but with a really good bod :D

Well if you don't want him I'll take him off your hands... :o

OK, eye candy it is :D

Johnny Depp comes to mind as a completely gorgeous guy, great ability and quite clearly and individual (the clothes he wears! the clothes he can get away with because he's gorgeous :D)

He is unique, original, made interesting careers choices

I can't wait to see the next pirate movies :o

and I loved him in "Chocolat" :D

It's called character. One has it in spades, the other doesn't.

+

"James Blunt served in the British Army and saw action. Hardly "a wimp"."

Sir Burr,

Please note prior posts on this thread clarifying that thye subject is what women find desirable. It's a subjective topic with no "right" or "wrong" responses, just a sharing of femaleviewpoints.

Now there is nothing wrong with being a man, but it does prevent you, by definition, from having a female viewpoint.

We're trying real hard not to have to make the Ladies Forum a Ladies ONLY forum but that presumes that male readers can identify which threads they can appropriately add something to and which they should just leave to the ladies. Yet despite very clear calrification to that effect on this very thread, we have you and Harry chiming in with your own opinions.

Besides, didn't you just say on another thread in this forum that you were going to leave the Ladies Forum? (hint, hint)

There's "sensitive man" and there's "great big girl's blouse". If you're talking singers, the desirable type has to be .... errr..... Barry White????
Sheryl, did you ever see Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

I'll let you in to a secret: he wasn't really acting. He actually just is a dumb stoner (who happens to look dam-ned hot running around in black leather and sunglasses).

And have you ever seen any of his other 'characters' articulate in anything other than monosyllables? I'm afraid your love / lust is blinding you to the obvious, Sheryl!

I mean he is gorgeous, no doubt about that. But pure eye candy, no substance.

Harry,

Please see above post to Sir Burr. Aside from the fact that it is female viewpoints that this thread is about, observe on this thread how women respond to other women's posts...they tend to accept and respect the subjective nature and the validity of different subjective views...men (many, not all) tend to respond to female viewpoints by asserting them to be "wrong" and trying to "correct" them to be in line with a male viewpoint. These are subjective matters. Men and women have different viewpoints especially re matters dealing with love/sex/ relations between the sexes etc. Women already know that many men view female viewpoints as "wrong"...we've heard that all our lives. We don't need or want to hear it on this forum.

Any ladies able to respond to the issue of Keanu's brains?? Which from my viewpoint would have to be assessed from off-screen actions since actors generally say the lines that are in the script. I haven't seen much of Keanu off screen, the view blurbs I have seen seemed intelligent enough but as he doesn't talk a lot it's hard to say....any feminine insights/opionions out there??

George Clooney for sure is smart, judging from his recent BBC interview on the situation in Darfur.

Sheryl, Harry is a women as far as I was aware, reading her post in the ladies section thread sure seems to confirm it. Nics can be deceptive so it's best not to jump to conclusion. If you think a thread is being overtaken or off track then use the report function & one of the mods will have a look. Thanks :o

have you all forgotten about john corbett? ian miller in my big fat greek wedding? man, i LEERRRVE that man. he was also carries author boyfriend in sex and the city.

and mister big....now....when i first saw sex and the city i had been living in thailand for a few years and didnt see the background to their relationship. recently (well a while ago) i bought the whole SATC dvd collection and watched the whole 90+ episodes (yes, i need to get a life but what do you do on a small island)...

anyway....in the end i really liked mister big. he wasnt half the creep i thought he was when i didnt know the whole background.

have you all forgotten about john corbett? ian miller in my big fat greek wedding? man, i LEERRRVE that man. he was also carries author boyfriend in sex and the city.

and mister big....now....when i first saw sex and the city i had been living in thailand for a few years and didnt see the background to their relationship. recently (well a while ago) i bought the whole SATC dvd collection and watched the whole 90+ episodes (yes, i need to get a life but what do you do on a small island)...

anyway....in the end i really liked mister big. he wasnt half the creep i thought he was when i didnt know the whole background.

I like John Corbett style too, he was also cool in "Northern Exposure"

Chris was ok as Carrie's guy in SITC. He's good looking but there's something about him that turns me off. I didn't care too much for him in Law in Order,

Sheryl, Harry is a women as far as I was aware, reading her post in the ladies section thread sure seems to confirm it. Nics can be deceptive so it's best not to jump to conclusion. If you think a thread is being overtaken or off track then use the report function & one of the mods will have a look. Thanks :D

:o:D Apologies Harry (may I call you Harriet?)

And thanks Boo for explaining what the "report" function is for, never knew.

Alas, now I have to seriously investigate the question of Keanau's smarts. Coz for me, desirability/attractiveness is a function of the entire persona, not just the physical appearance. And dumb definitely doesn't work for me. :D

I have been thinking about gorgeous hunks all day!! Last night I watched a movie with Stephen Baldwin, tonight will watch one with Daniel Baldwin and not long ago watched one with Alec Baldwin... Now there's a nice trio of brothers - those piercing blue eyes... (even though Alec has got a bit pudgy).

Who cares if Keanu is dumb - its not as if any of us are going to meet him or anything (is it? Dream on..) he is just eye candy. And I know that James Blunt was in the army - I just think he looks a bit wimpy that's all. But I do like his music.

Edited by Patsycat

Any interview I have seen with Keanu he comes across as very articulate & smart, just not overly opinionated or anything. I think the Bill & ted films did unjustified damage to him, I mean he can't be that stupid, he has been in 2 of the most successful films of all time, speed & matrix. :o

Sheryl, Harry is a women as far as I was aware, reading her post in the ladies section thread sure seems to confirm it. Nics can be deceptive so it's best not to jump to conclusion. If you think a thread is being overtaken or off track then use the report function & one of the mods will have a look. Thanks :D

:D:D Apologies Harry (may I call you Harriet?)

And thanks Boo for explaining what the "report" function is for, never knew.

Alas, now I have to seriously investigate the question of Keanau's smarts. Coz for me, desirability/attractiveness is a function of the entire persona, not just the physical appearance. And dumb definitely doesn't work for me. :D

No worries Sheryl (and thanks Boo for defending me in my absence). I suppose that my nic is open to interpretation - a la Jo / Sam / Chris etc. - but I am definitely female and I definitely fancy Keanu, despite (possibly because of?) the lack of brains. Who cares if he's dumb? You want to have conversations with the man, or rip his clothes off? (in your dreams, of course :o )

If you're still wondering as to his intelligence, btw, here's a quote from the man himself: "I'm a meathead man. You've got smart people, and you've got dumb people. I just happen to be dumb." Of course, it could all be an act, but Google 'Keanu Reeves dumb' and you've got an awful lot of hits...

On the blue eyes - dark hair combo (mmm) how about Jonathon Rhys Meyers? He's a bit on the skinny side, but the piercing stare is rather nice.