Effect of Bkk Shutdown here in Pattaya

Gone

What do you think the effect could be here in Pattaya?

I know I have been here awhile and through all the bad riots in Bkk and it had little effect on Pattaya however does your wife/gf know anything more what the Thais are saying?

I mean should I be stoking up on Insulin/Needles etc?

I see the American Embassy is telling people in Bkk to stock up on medicine, food, leave cash close by and fill your vehicles with petrol etc.

In my opinion this could be "the big one" and I'm a little concerned about supplies getting to Pattaya.

I think I will stock up on insulin and needles for sure because the needles I use (Ultra fine 30g BD) are not easy to get outside of major cities on a good day.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that's going to happen in Pattaya is its gonna be F@*king busy with all the tourists and all the Bangkok Thais escaping to their Pattaya property until its all over, and its not going to be over quickly.

Here's to even more mayhem in Pattaya!!

• Like 2

The population will increase as Bangkokians (ites?) migrate to Patts. It will get busier but I can't see food or the basics becoming a problem except maybe some short supplies at the 7/11's or supermarket. Could be more interesting if the tanks do roll and they introduce a curfew.

Just in case I'll keep a good supply of the essentials at home.

Cigs, JD, coke, ice, baked beans, man-farang, cash, diesel in the tank and a 20ltr of 91 for the scooters. Sorted smile.png

I just hope all the temporary residents don't rock up to my golf course! blink.png

The only thing that's going to happen in Pattaya is its gonna be F@*king busy with all the tourists and all the Bangkok Thais escaping to their Pattaya property until its all over, and its not going to be over quickly.

I disagree wit you when you say "The only thing that will happen". I feel that this will be worse then the coup, the Red Protests etc and also belive that alot of essentials that we easily enjoy in local shoping stores, Pharmacies could deminish easily especially if this last for a long time which it very well could and if that happens then no way or replenishing supplies here once they have dried up.

They warn in Bkk to stock up for 2 weeks but they aren't thinking that this could easily erupt into a Civil War (Divided Thailand).

It might not have any effect for a couple of weeks here but after that who knows?

Pattaya being even more busy also means that groceries etc. will be bought up more.

I disagree wit you when you say "The only thing that will happen". I feel that this will be worse then the coup, the Red Protests etc and also belive that alot of essentials that we easily enjoy in local shoping stores, Pharmacies could deminish easily especially if this last for a long time which it very well could and if that happens then no way or replenishing supplies here once they have dried up.

They warn in Bkk to stock up for 2 weeks but they aren't thinking that this could easily erupt into a Civil War (Divided Thailand).

It might not have any effect for a couple of weeks here but after that who knows?

Pattaya being even more busy also means that groceries etc. will be bought up more.

worse than the coup?

the last one was over in 4 hours

its not like the protagonists were running around with Kalashnikov's indiscriminately killing folks in the streets

within 24 hours there was flowers in the tanks turrets

very tame indeed

• Like 1

Do people on these boards go around checking out number plates on cars?

Not difficult even at glance

There are others but as a general rule:

Bangkok plates are a long word under the number

Chonburi is short word

So I was right, people do actually go around checking plates.

Hahahaha. How tragic.

• Like 2

I think the impact will be minimal here. If you have a hotel, condo, or need to conduct business in the protest area that is another story. The warehouses and industrial areas are outside the "war" zone so I don't think we will see shortages of necessities.

Yes, stock up on essentials especially medicines, with the way things are heading BKK may well be locked down for many days and then it will take some time to normalize.

So anything that has to come through BKK will be affected, best to stock up for two weeks and also work out how you can get emergency supplies if you run out.

Chonburi is short word

Hahahaha. How tragic.

Hahahaha. How tragic.

Yes, this whole thing is definitely bringing out the inner drama queen in a lot of people.

Chonburi is short word

And this is pretty classic too.

Surely if you've been here awhile you can sort out Krungthep = กรุงเทพ at the start of the "long word" and Chonburi = ชลบุรี Especially all those of you here on ED visas to study Thai.

post-145917-0-89152200-1389364679_thumb.

post-145917-0-15506400-1389364780_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Chonburi is short word

Hahahaha. How tragic.

Hahahaha. How tragic.

Yes, this whole thing is definitely bringing out the inner drama queen in a lot of people.

Chonburi is short word

And this is pretty classic too.

Surely if you've been here awhile you can sort out Krungthep = กรุงเทพ at the start of the "long word" and Chonburi = ชลบุรี Especially all those of you here on ED visas to study Thai.

One thing to note is that lots of people from outside BKK register their car there as it is "posh" to do so.

Chonburi is short word

Hahahaha. How tragic.

a dollar to a nickel says you will do so now too

albeit from your Honda 50

To be honest you're right, no doubt I will.

I gave up the death traps years back thankfully. I'm a hooray Henry type if expat.

• Like 1

Chonburi is short word

Hahahaha. How tragic.

I think the impact will be minimal here. If you have a hotel, condo, or need to conduct business in the protest area that is another story. The warehouses and industrial areas are outside the "war" zone so I don't think we will see shortages of necessities.

A decent post thanks but I must say that how do you know where the warehouses are please?

Remember just recently during the floods you couldn't even get a bag of chrisps from 7-11 and even water and colas was running out in the supermarkets. Even ciggarrates were hard to get many brands.

I don't know where Fascino's warehouse is or many others but I can only hope you are right.

The big companies in chonburi, leamchabang, rayong etc are telling the workers to keep cash on hand because in case of an evacuation they will need to pay their own way to the pick-up points and that all ATM's could be down.

As someone here said already better to be safe then sound.

Off to stock up at Fascino now.

The population will increase as Bangkokians (ites?) migrate to Patts. It will get busier but I can't see food or the basics becoming a problem except maybe some short supplies at the 7/11's or supermarket. Could be more interesting if the tanks do roll and they introduce a curfew.

Just in case I'll keep a good supply of the essentials at home.

Cigs, JD, coke, ice, baked beans, man-farang, cash, diesel in the tank and a 20ltr of 91 for the scooters. Sorted smile.png

I just hope all the temporary residents don't rock up to my golf course! blink.png

what does man-farang mean?

I am sorry to say they also bring a style of driving from the capital with them that hardly helps traffic!