Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

Almost as disturbing as Suthep himself is the fact that there are still some Thai Visa members supporting this nutcase.

One day, when you're curled up in your kennel at the shelter for bewildered bulldogs, you will look back on this time and think how fortunate Thailand was to have been rescued from a regime worse than anyone's worst nightmare and you will say a little prayer to your doggie god that fortunately, due to human genetic flaws, every now and then there is a mutant, a genetic throwback that dons a black shirt and preaches to the masses, inspires an uprising and inadvertently saves the world as the Thais know it.

• Like 1

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brilliant maneuver by Asias person of the year! What will Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnog, Education Minister Chaturon Chaisang, and Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi say, how will they defend themselves? Theonly thing that comes to mind is, It wasn't us, it was Thaksin. Suthep is a wily old veteran, how can these babes in arms compete?

• Like 1

Almost as disturbing as Suthep himself is the fact that there are still some Thai Visa members supporting this nutcase.

One day, when you're curled up in your kennel at the shelter for bewildered bulldogs, you will look back on this time and think how fortunate Thailand was to have been rescued from a regime worse than anyone's worst nightmare and you will say a little prayer to your doggie god that fortunately, due to human genetic flaws, every now and then there is a mutant, a genetic throwback that dons a black shirt and preaches to the masses, inspires an uprising and inadvertently saves the world as the Thais know it.

almost as disturbing

• Like 1

Well it didn't work out well (in the end) for Germany, Italy, Spain to mention a few. Somehow I doubt it would here either. Anyway dear fellow, keep practising the Site Heils!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Well they do say, excuse the generalizations, that Asian nations have a tendency to favor strong leaders. The PTP / red side has got Thaksin, maybe Suthep is just filling a role hole that many Thai people actually want. Democracy is a fuzzy concept when the people aren't really so interested in self determination. I don't see this conflict as pro democracy vs. anti democracy, do you guys?

Edited by Jingthing

Crazy? Crazy like a fox?

No, crazy like an nasty bully.

I get that but what if the crazy sounding tactics help him win? That's what he's trying to do and he has significant support for that. So I'm not really sure anyone can actually know he is crazy in the literal sense.

He will need to do more than pretend he is Jack Nickolson, personally I think he is loosing support. Maybe hardening the nutters, that's about it.

And now he is threatening children. Time to send in the troops.

Maybe time for you to learn how to read?

Do you understand the word "infer" as in

"The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

• Like 1

Perhaps I'm reading/interpreting things differently based on past "quotes" from Thai Politicians, but I don't believe he is saying to "kidnap" people per se, merely to blockade their residences and cause inconvenience.

Also, with reference to the children, I again read/interpret this as suggesting they be removed away from these areas of potential conflict before or in case things escalate.

Edited by Tatsujin

So, does anyone know who is supporting this idiot?? and it would be interesting to know who is supporting the other idiot?? I asked that very question on the general forum and it got blocked by the mods that said no political dialogue unless in the Thai news forum.

So, I'll take this opportunity to ask about corporate support of both parties.............these protest picnics can't be cheap and can only occur with big corporate support, but which corporations??

• Like 1

"The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

Thank you Teacher.

Seems like kidnapping and or murder are in fashion in Thailand

Yesterday someone said they would kidnap some military guys daughter

No Suthep says this ... IMO he said he because nothing was done to the fist guy who said he would have the twins kidnapped.

Either way .... all just silly gamesmanship

Damn, I agreed with you on something . . . the world must be ending facepalm.gif

Now this is odd.

If you google the article title from above, being " Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, Tuesday threatened to capture five caretaker Cabinet members. , it shows a link to the Nation, category of breaking news, but the storyline is nowhere to be found on the frontpage, orhepage. Maybe my fifteen minute search missed it....

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice....

whistling.gif

Perhaps I'm reading/interpreting things differently based on past "quotes" from Thai Politicians, but I don't believe he is saying to "kidnap" people per se, merely to blockade their residences and cause inconvenience.

Some may be lost in translation, but it would seem Suthep threatened to surround and block the residences of the PM and a few others and if still no progress within a few days take the PM and some in (protective) custody.

The really worrisome part is that this nutter obviously has high up backing and massive overconfidence.

As the Government continue to be moderate and not rise to the bait, they are clearly winning in the eyes of any impartial observer.

Suthep must know this and it must infuriate him.

Given the nature of the players, I worry now that it is fast approaching the stage where he must do something really catastrophic.

He also probably has this already planned.

I don't think this will fizzle out, It may get dramatically more serious.

Sad for Thailand that nutters like this can influence events.

• Like 1

During a robbery in Nana, Bangkok, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: "Don't move. The money belongs to the State. Your life belongs to you."

Everyone in the bank lay down quietly. This is called "Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.

When a lady laid on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her: "Please be civilized! This is a robbery and not a rape!"

This is called "Being Professional” Focus only on what you are trained to do!

When the bank robbers returned home, the younger robber (MBA-trained) told the older robber (who has only completed Year 6 in primary school): "Big brother, let's count how much we got."

The older robber rebutted and said: "You are very stupid. There is so much money it will take us a long time to count. Tonight, the TV news will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"

This is called "Experience.” Nowadays, experience is more important than paper qualifications!

After the robbers had left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. But the supervisor said to him: "Wait! Let us take out $10 million from the bank for ourselves and add it to the $70 million that we have previously embezzled from the bank”.

This is called "Swim with the tide.” Converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!

The supervisor says: "It will be good if there is a robbery every month."

This is called "Killing Boredom.” Personal Happiness is more important than your job.

The next day, the TV news reported that $100 million was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count $20 million. The robbers were very angry and complained: "We risked our lives and only took $20 million. The bank manager took $80 million with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated than to be a thief!"

This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold!"

The bank manager was smiling and happy because his losses in the share market are now covered by this robbery.

This is called "Seizing the opportunity.” Daring to take risks!

So who are the real robbers here?

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

These numbers were certified by the Election Committee so there is no parade padding.

How is that for Thai people power?

So you think the yellow side doesn't have any valid points to make? Such as suggesting the game is unfairly over-controlled by the Shinawatra family?

And the threat of abducting Gen Prayuth's nieces either dead or alive is acceptable?

Show ne the link about the "dead and alive" part please.

I bet you get it from your friend's friend's friend FACEBOOK.

Thaksin's attempt to threaten Yingluck with being thrown into prison yesterday so she ( he ) could cling on - was not a particularly brotherly thing to do. One assumes he doesn't have her welfare at heart, with such clap-trap. Press sources have indicated that she wanted to step down yesterday. But Thaksin ( yes, the man who PT supporters insist has nothing to do with this administration ) would have nothing of it. Chalerm has been a waste of space in every capacity he's been placed in. And no one on the planet has issued more empty threats than he, which none of the supporters of this administration take the slightest note of. So when others pose empty threats - well ! they must really mean it ! Get protection for Chalerm, quick ! When in fact, nothing of the kind will happen. And everyone knows it. The sad thing for Chalerm - is that after the administration has quietly stepped down, no one's going to be paying the slightest attention to him. This protest has had three distinct and consistent characteristic : Peaceful. Peaceful, Peaceful. The supporters of this administration really can't stand that. They can't eat their breakfast. And so it will remain a peaceful demonstration. No one will apprehend anyone. In this country particularly. Never happened, never will. But fear not. There is still time to pray for a stillborn parliament. Still time to pray for perpetual dissolution. For those who consider that just peachy, good for you. The rest of Thailand will carry on, however, blissfully waving flags as they are, blowing whistles, and beaming broadly for a country they believe can be free of corruption.

You've made a number of interesting points. But, please have mercy on my aging/ageing eyesight.

Given your advanced English skills, I presume you are not aware that paragraphs are free on TVF?

That means your post count won't restrict your paragraph count...

• Like 1

Hmmm... This adds a new dimension to the bunker skit..

stupid move if he does, this is a peaceful protest, nothing more, this will turn it around to suit the ptp very well. He needs to re think this entirely or he will ruin what has been started, this is about the people, not his ego.

It is a stupid move. It is a stupid suggestion, but it has never been about the people.

He is becoming increasingly desperate - threats to close down the SET, blockade Aerothai's air traffic control centre (guarded by the army) to close Thai airspace, and now kidnapping members of the caretaker government. Each is a step closer to anarchy. I only hope that those who are backing him have the sense to see where this is going and stop it now, before he gets his Reichskristallnacht, but I will not wait with bated breath.

And the threat of abducting Gen Prayuth's nieces either dead or alive is acceptable?

Hell no! Both of those issuing the threats should be locked up someplace soft, given 500 mg of thorazine, and provided with all the twinkies and action cartoons they want.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Show ne the link about the "dead and alive" part please.

I bet you get it from your friend's friend's friend FACEBOOK.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2014/01/thailand-thaksin-supporters-threaten-to.html

http://planet.infowars.com/activism/thailand-thaksin-supporters-threaten-to-kidnap-kill-daughters-of-army-chief-13-1-14

• Like 2

So, does anyone know who is supporting this idiot?? and it would be interesting to know who is supporting the other idiot?? I asked that very question on the general forum and it got blocked by the mods that said no political dialogue unless in the Thai news forum.

So, I'll take this opportunity to ask about corporate support of both parties.............these protest picnics can't be cheap and can only occur with big corporate support, but which corporations??

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/2-powerful-retired-generals-behind-suthep

Here's two for a start . . .

• Like 1

Hmmm... This adds a new dimension to the bunker skit..

stupid move if he does, this is a peaceful protest, nothing more, this will turn it around to suit the ptp very well. He needs to re think this entirely or he will ruin what has been started, this is about the people, not his ego.

It is a stupid move. It is a stupid suggestion, but it has never been about the people.

He is becoming increasingly desperate - threats to close down the SET, blockade Aerothai's air traffic control centre (guarded by the army) to close Thai airspace, and now kidnapping members of the caretaker government. Each is a step closer to anarchy. I only hope that those who are backing him have the sense to see where this is going and stop it now, before he gets his Reichskristallnacht, but I will not wait with bated breath.

Way over the top post, calm down, try not to inflate the situ, enough doing that.