Galaxy S5 is coming in March

guzzi850m2

If it will look anything like on pics, and 2560p resolution, 5.2 inch display.. very nice!

It's about time flagship S series starts using quality materials, and not cheapest plastic available.

Samsung makes some of the best phones around, and the same time the ugliest. Time to move on and start using glass and metal. And please no more rounded phones, shaped like soap boxes!

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by valgehiir

1100 usd for premium phone while others sell for 650 usd range? Samsung must be nuts!

So they'll put metal body instead of cheap chinese plastic and ask twice more?

Well it looks like the metal body one have a faster/better processor than the plastic S5 one, so the "cheap" version should be below 1k $.

But yes I agree with you, no way I will pay +1000 US$ for a bloody phone.

I am perfectly happy with my iq4 and I think I paid app 250$ for it, no way the S5 will be 4 times better, perhaps double as good but that's it. So that gives me an excess of 750$, I wonder if I can have the upcoming Samsung TabPro 8.4" for that?

My previous phone was a Galaxy S2, currently using a S3, the S4 didn't have enough to win me over and probably won't get a S5 either due Samsung proprietary Touchwiz crap and bloatware.

No, my next probably will be the successor of the Moto-X, awesome battery-life, timely upgrades to the latest Android version and very developer friendly. Motorola yesterday announced they will be selling the Moto-X in Europe as of Feb 1. Hope the next expansion is to.Asia.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My previous phone was a Galaxy S2, currently using a S3, the S4 didn't have enough to win me over and probably won't get a S5 either due Samsung proprietary Touchwiz crap and bloatware. No, my next probably will be the successor of the Moto-X, awesome battery-life, timely upgrades to the latest Android version and very developer friendly. Motorola yesterday announced they will be selling the Moto-X in Europe as of Feb 1. Hope the next expansion is to.Asia. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm still using my S2 (sans wifi - see below), never jumped to S3. I wouldn't mind jumping to an S4 especially when people start offloading them for 10k baht to buy an S5... S4's already down to 17/18k *new* on account of it being a dropped ball, technology-wise.

My days of always "needing" the latest gadget, fun though they were, are behind me... Your Moto-X successor sounds interesting though, I've hated Motorola since my first 300kg "portable" carphone and never paid much attention to them after that... :-)

That said, I don't know why there wasn't a class action against Samsung for the S2, a huge number (including mine) of which developed the "BAT500" issue (manufacturing fault, leaky internal battery that manifested itself on S2's after about 12-18 months) and developed problems... That's another thing makes me very wary of another $700+ Sammy...

Edited by bobl

1100 usd for premium phone while others sell for 650 usd range? Samsung must be nuts!

So they'll put metal body instead of cheap chinese plastic and ask twice more?

It won't be $1100 US, no way, unless Samsung will release a line of super exclusive devices, aimed at different market, not a mass product device, like their S series flagships have been for 2 years now.

Iphone is established the sealing people are willing to pay for a phone, and that is around $800. For a regulAr, top of the line phone this is it.

If Samsung makes something out of stainless steel, safire glass, thats another story,

everybody remembers Nokia 8080 series, stainless steel, safire glass, they did cost 1000 Eur in 2006, a basic cell phone, but closer to a luxury item. They sold well, Nokia had 3 versions of 8080 after 1st year of release.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yup I know but then I'd rather go for the Nexus 5 for nearly half the price but which has the Snapdragon 800 processor and Adreno 330 GPU, more bang for the buck.

Still waiting for the successor of the Moto X though..

the S4 didn't have enough to win me over and probably won't get a S5 either due Samsung proprietary Touchwiz crap and bloatware.

One can get Pure Google versions of several devices on the Play Store, including the SGS4.

• Like 1

Yup I know but then I'd rather go for the Nexus 5 for nearly half the price but which has the Snapdragon 800 processor and Adreno 330 GPU, more bang for the buck.

Still waiting for the successor of the Moto X though..

the S4 didn't have enough to win me over and probably won't get a S5 either due Samsung proprietary Touchwiz crap and bloatware.

One can get Pure Google versions of several devices on the Play Store, including the SGS4.

Totally agree. I just buy the latest google nexus model off the play store every couple years when I'm stateside. People spending more than 300-400 dollars is just whack in my book.

Also, I like Samsung's and others polycarbonite cases as they're light and strong. I also like Samsung's fluid phone and tablet design language over the past couple years. All the precious people who treat their phones like they're a piece if jewelry or a fashion statement need to get a grip! Metal cases/finishes and sapphire glass...give me a break. A phone is a utility device, like a pocket knife and I treat it as such. My phone is completely unprotected because I want it small and light and I want to see the nice screen. I don't care if it gets scratches because I get allot of use out if it and it didn't cost me too much. The same for my iPad. Cracks me up to no end seeing people with their protective cases making for huge phones and screen protectors/film with completely negates having a bright high-def screen in the device.

• Like 1