EC refusal to join forum upsets caretaker PM Yingluck

Lite Beer

Reason they didn't attend is because Puea Thai have a habit of organising these agenda driven forums with a 'majority' of their allies to agree with them, forcing the minority to go along. Call it democracy but you can't force anyone into anything. Bottom line, how can you have an election in the middle of a revolution, get serious and admit it's a failure she 30% of the electorate are unlikely to show up. Stop trying to push your agenda. There's been enough talking.

How many real revolutions do you know where the participants support the cause during their lunch breaks, after work and at weekends whilst watching sutheps alternative to "Thailands got Talent" ?

Better that than violence and rioting. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Yingluck, are you getting the message ? silence speaks volumes. There are many who may not be out on the street in active protest but are in support of getting you and your family out of politics in Thailand.

I fear that you may just have an inkling as to the dramatic ebb in popularity for both you and you party.

Then let the democrats go to the polls and utiise this drop in popularity....... are the Democrats so dim they are unable to capitalise on the 'dramatic ebb in popularity' you claim

Or perhaps after the dismal amount of fleeting support for Suthep, and possibly the majority of that in support for the claim to abolish corruption, the democrats are not swallowing your misinterpretation of events

Instead in order to truly respresent the electorate the Democrats are not fielding candidates in the election!

Maybe their backers are fed up of carrying the cost of losing and opt for a cheap back door method to government...again!

I am not sure if other parties understand that they have very little time to campaign. This election was too rushed. It would not be fair to the others as they do not have the advantage of YS doing her early campaigning in December. I think EC will disqualify her and PTP for using state funds to campaign. EC was just being nice to her, but she brushed them aside. It will be interesting on Thursday and when EC will decide if her Northern visit(ONLY, where her power based is at) has broken election law.

Both sides had the same amount of time to campaign. As far as I recall, the announcement was made to the DEMs at the same time as to the rest of the country.

I am not talking about just the Dems..the small parties that will gan the least advantage of this snap election. They need to raise the funds.

It was declared when? And then the registration was completed when? I hardly call 5 weeks is enough time. Do you know how long it takes to print the signs. For a democracy to survive, voters will need time to look at all candidates so that they can make the most inform decision. I haven't seen campaign posters up yet for other parties. The only thing I see is PTP getting free PR from the press.

Then the constitution should be changed as it states that elections must take place within 45-60 days.

• Like 1

I am not sure if other parties understand that they have very little time to campaign. This election was too rushed. It would not be fair to the others as they do not have the advantage of YS doing her early campaigning in December. I think EC will disqualify her and PTP for using state funds to campaign. EC was just being nice to her, but she brushed them aside. It will be interesting on Thursday and when EC will decide if her Northern visit(ONLY, where her power based is at) has broken election law.

55 days should be enough to organise your campaign.

Both sides had the same amount of time to campaign. As far as I recall, the announcement was made to the DEMs at the same time as to the rest of the country.

I am not talking about just the Dems..the small parties that will gan the least advantage of this snap election. They need to raise the funds.

It was declared when? And then the registration was completed when? I hardly call 5 weeks is enough time. Do you know how long it takes to print the signs. For a democracy to survive, voters will need time to look at all candidates so that they can make the most inform decision. I haven't seen campaign posters up yet for other parties. The only thing I see is PTP getting free PR from the press.

Who forced this situation and election process ? who put the current constitution into place that has to be adhered to ? your saying the current rules are bad and yes I agree they are. The current gov didnt make them, the last army coup and helpers like Abhisit drafted it. It is intended to keep the smaller parties from gaining support ive no doubt and im sure that was the intent when it was made its just made it far easier for a party like PTP when the likes of the dems refuse to take part.

In short the whole thing is a mess and its been made not by PTP but it is of course being used to their own advantage, Thailand shot itself in the head yet again by messing about with an evolving democracy which happens a lot here.

Thailand gets the political mess it deserves and will continue to until it learns it takes time to evolve instead of resetting the clock every few years to revisit the same problems yet again a few years later.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Who forced this situation and election process ? who put the current constitution into place that has to be adhered to ? your saying the current rules are bad and yes I agree they are. The current gov didnt make them, the last army coup and helpers like Abhisit drafted it. It is intended to keep the smaller parties from gaining support ive no doubt and im sure that was the intent when it was made its just made it far easier for a party like PTP when the likes of the dems refuse to take part.

In short the whole thing is a mess and its been made not by PTP but it is of course being used to their own advantage, Thailand shot itself in the head yet again by messing about with an evolving democracy which happens a lot here.

Thailand gets the political mess it deserves and will continue to until it learns it takes time to evolve instead of resetting the clock every few years to revisit the same problems yet again a few years later.

I believed the corrupt government of YS did. She dissolved parliament.

Organize? What about registration. You don't even know who will be the candidates. So by new year you finally have a team to canvass for votes. But before you do all that you have to print your campaign posters. PT is the only party with their poster up after the registration. So actually 30 days to promote. And then citizen must also make a snap decision. Something is suspiscious here. Democracy is not a 30 day decision thing. But PT insisted on a snap election. They probably need the money to cover up more corruption.

Organize? What about registration. You don't even know who will be the candidates. So by new year you finally have a team to canvass for votes. But before you do all that you have to print your campaign posters. PT is the only party with their poster up after the registration. So actually 30 days to promote. And then citizen must also make a snap decision. Something is suspiscious here. Democracy is not a 30 day decision thing. But PT insisted on a snap election. They probably need the money to cover up more corruption.

Every election in Thailand is held between 45 and 60 days of parliament being dissolved. 55 days is close to the maximum time available for any election.

After 2.5 years refusing to talk or listen to anyone except a criminal from afar this lady now is now upset when people ignore her.

After 2.5 years, Just when did she publicly say she will not listen to another political party?

After 2.5 year how many times this faux PM debated, participated, gave speech in a parliament? How many times did she answered questions of free media or opposition? What was her verbal input in parliament debate on key issues of rice scam, water managment, 2.2 gazillion loan, amnesty bill, brothers passport? How many election debates did she do last time and how many planned for new election? I'm sorry, i know it's a tough job to defend PTP and you doing your best but....

• Like 1

After 2.5 years refusing to talk or listen to anyone except a criminal from afar this lady now is now upset when people ignore her.

Some are to quick to judge and to quick to type. The EC is bound by the constitution and the Monarch of this great kingdom to set the election process started and now they are being derelict in their duty full stop. Spartakos, I ask thee is not Suthep a former criminal and acting illegally at present? Is not Abihsit indicted on murder charges and due to face the Court amongst other charges? I think both sides need a hell of a lot reform before anything should be none, but I'm not in dreamland either, farewell. Cricketnut

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

EC will do it's duty and stage an election they have no choice about it, however the are not bound by any law to attend useless meetings. Meeting's sole purpose was to create an illusion of mutual agreement of election by EC and other parties, so PTP would not look as the only one pushing for this useless election on feb 2nd. They stated just before the meeting that they will go ahead with election anyway so why bother with the meeting?

Is Suthep a sentenced criminal? I think not, there is arrest warrant on him but that does not make him convicted criminal.

Same goes for Abhisit.

Reform before an election is actually what protesters want so you are right on that one.

Some are to quick to judge and to quick to type. The EC is bound by the constitution and the Monarch of this great kingdom to set the election process started and now they are being derelict in their duty full stop. Spartakos, I ask thee is not Suthep a former criminal and acting illegally at present? Is not Abihsit indicted on murder charges and due to face the Court amongst other charges? I think both sides need a hell of a lot reform before anything should be none, but I'm not in dreamland either, farewell. Cricketnut

EC will do it's duty and stage an election they have no choice about it, however the are not bound by any law to attend useless meetings. Meeting's sole purpose was to create an illusion of mutual agreement of election by EC and other parties, so PTP would not look as the only one pushing for this useless election on feb 2nd. They stated just before the meeting that they will go ahead with election anyway so why bother with the meeting?

Is Suthep a sentenced criminal? I think not, there is arrest warrant on him but that does not make him convicted criminal.

Same goes for Abhisit.

Reform before an election is actually what protesters want so you are right on that one.

But your avoiding the question, has Suthep or Abhisit engaged in and or been charged by the authorities? Yes..... End of story. No use bringing up Thaksin either, I try as painful as that maybe to live in the present.

Same goes for Abhisit.

But your avoiding the question, has Suthep or Abhisit engaged in and or been charged by the authorities? Yes..... End of story. No use bringing up Thaksin either, I try as painful as that maybe to live in the present.

"No use bringing up Thaksin either"

Then why did YOU bring up Thaksin?

• Like 1

Same goes for Abhisit.

Yes they have and i have admited that Suthep have an arrest warrant on him too, pls read carefully. But what does that suppose to mean? Are they guilty? Not until sentenced by a court. What is your point?

That both sides of the round table are very dubious to say the least. The point being as you have requested is that Yingluck cannot call off the election at this point in time. All parties are at fault here. My last point is to try and get people to think in the present, be objective where possible.. Pretty simple huh..

How can you say this election is too rushed ?

It is being held well past the minimum time allowed and actually just a few days short of the maximum time allowed by the Constitution. The latest date it is allowed to be held is Feb 6th, and if it is not held by then the Constitution has been breached. So really it is nonsense to suggest its rushed.

As for the Northern trip, this was planned long before the election was called and provided she did not make speeches saying vote PTP, then there is no issue in my opinion. And I really do not see why everyone is complaining, they all moan than Northern area only vote PTP, and in the next breath they then complain because YL was there. If they all vote PTP as you say then how can she have been campaigning ? Like taking coals to Newcastle.

She was there on a pre-planned inspection visit, planned before Suthep demanded she dissolve parliament.

No issues at all, in my opinion.