Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

Just returned from my trip to Savannakhet and can confirm everything is still working as the OP stated. I also submitted a photocopy of my Lao visa and entry stamp as mentioned in the above post by shadowmaster1971. I stayed at the Avalon Residence which is a decent place to stay and near the consulate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I have a question to do with age.

My wife and I are only 19 years old. In the past we have had trouble with getting things passes with out my wifes Mum and Dad's signature.

We do have a marriage license. We got married in Thailand.

I'm scared that if my wife and I go all the way to Savannahket to apply for the visa she will need her Mum or dad to sign thats its ok or something like that.

Has anybody got any infomation on this? Thanks a lot!

Also, I want to apply at Savannakhet because I got told you don't need to show proof of money.

Is that still correct or has it changed?

Thanks again.

Hi everyone, I have a question to do with age.

My wife and I are only 19 years old. In the past we have had trouble with getting things passes with out my wifes Mum and Dad's signature.

We do have a marriage license. We got married in Thailand.

I'm scared that if my wife and I go all the way to Savannahket to apply for the visa she will need her Mum or dad to sign thats its ok or something like that.

Has anybody got any infomation on this? Thanks a lot!

Also, I want to apply at Savannakhet because I got told you don't need to show proof of money.

Is that still correct or has it changed?

Thanks again.

The only thing your wife has to do for your visa application is to sign copies of her house book and ID card.

I cannot foresee any reason for you having any problem getting the visa,

No financial proof will be needed. Nothing has changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from my trip to Savannakhet and can confirm everything is still working as the OP stated. I also submitted a photocopy of my Lao visa and entry stamp as mentioned in the above post by shadowmaster1971. I stayed at the Avalon Residence which is a decent place to stay and near the consulate.

G'day John34

I am heading this weekend to get the multi entry marriage done. I have also booked the Avalon.

Anything close by to do ? Is the Avalon decent as it seems to be the only hotel with consistent ratings it is good.

I get in Sunday late evening on a flight, submit on Monday and collect Tuesday afternoon which means I can fly out Wednesday morning ...so will be stuck there for 3 nights....checked the guides and seems like there is nothing much around

Appreciate any advise. Thanks !

G'day John34

I am heading this weekend to get the multi entry marriage done. I have also booked the Avalon.

Anything close by to do ? Is the Avalon decent as it seems to be the only hotel with consistent ratings it is good.

I get in Sunday late evening on a flight, submit on Monday and collect Tuesday afternoon which means I can fly out Wednesday morning ...so will be stuck there for 3 nights....checked the guides and seems like there is nothing much around

Appreciate any advise. Thanks !

Are you flying in directly to Savannakhet or a fly/ride service to Mukdahan.

If going to Mukdahan the latest you will be able to cross the bridge is 18:00 which is the official time that the Lao visa on arrival office closes. Sometimes you can cross later if they are busy and stay open longer.

Hi there LawrenceChee.

The Avalon is fine, nothing amazing but better than most hotels in Savannakhet and its near the consulate. As for things to do .. pretty much nothing, i spent all my time split between the coffee shop next door and the Thai restaurant 5 mins walk down the road in front of the Avalon.

Also when i went it just happened to be a bank holiday, the consulate was shut for a few days and i ended up staying an unplanned week. Just make sure your documents are in order and it will be the simplest new visa you've done, albeit a bit boring :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have to do the savannakhet run before/on the 2th of August - I will drive by my self anyone interested to share ride from Bkk ?

It's my first time doing it so I plan 1 night in.

If interested drop me a line.

Guys, if I'm applying for a Nonimmigrant visa B, should I fill the same formulary or should I fill a different one (from the one shown by the OP). And… there’s any other formularies I need to fill; my Employer gave me two formularies TM86 and TM87 but I’m not sure I will actually need them for this Visa (based on what I have read).

Thank you.

Guys, if I'm applying for a Nonimmigrant visa B, should I fill the same formulary or should I fill a different one (from the one shown by the OP). And… there’s any other formularies I need to fill; my Employer gave me two formularies TM86 and TM87 but I’m not sure I will actually need them for this Visa (based on what I have read).

Thank you.

It is the same application form for all visas. The one I post a few posts back is the most recent one.

The forms you mentioned are for applying for visas at an immigration office.

Concerning various times I've been in Savannakhet on a visa run, you may enjoy reading some of them beginning at: http://the-isaan.blogspot.com/2016/07/lao-trip-149-visa-in.html - They are not nuts-and-bolts stuff like ubonjoe is so good about providing, but they provide a little color to the whole process. Savan remains the best place to go for a Thai Visa.

20160601_175616.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Got back from Savannakhet last week and can confirm that multi non o (marriage) still available without financial proof.

I submitted the following copies: Marriage Cert, House book, Wife's ID card, Name change Cert (not sure if needed) and had to show original.  No copy of my Lao visa was asked for or submitted.

Stayed at Hop Inn in Mukdahan.  Not bad, cheap, clean and near the bus station.  Got the 8am bus at the station and was at the consulate at 940am, after walking from the Savannakhet bus station (10-15min).  Queued up for about 5 mins before submitting my docs and paying which took about 1 minute.

In Lao I stayed at Avalon Residence.  Not bad, clean and well located.

Nothing much to do in Savannakhet.  Can recommend 'Lin's Cafe'.  Not the cheapest place but it is very nicely appointed and has aircon and wifi and right next to the night market.  Generous servings and tasty.  Paid 200 baht for an English Breakfast.  The accept and give change in baht too.

Overall, very easy but boring trip.  Take a book.

• Like 1

I'm looking to do the Multi Non-Imm O based on my 5yr Thai child. Am I going to run into any problems and what should I use to replace the documents:

- original marriage certificate

- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back on a single sheet with no date and signature on it.

- 1 copy of my passport front page dated and signed by me

- 1 copy of my wife’s ID card, front and back page copied on a single front sheet, dated and signed by my wife only

- 1 copy of my wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) copied on a single front sheet dated and signed by my wife only

I do have a court issued proof that I'm the legal father. Can I travel alone or should I take my daughter with me? Is it possible to do in Vientiane or is Savannakhet my best bet for a multi?

9 minutes ago, Santzes said:

I'm looking to do the Multi Non-Imm O based on my 5yr Thai child. Am I going to run into any problems and what should I use to replace the documents:

I do have a court issued proof that I'm the legal father. Can I travel alone or should I take my daughter with me? Is it possible to do in Vientiane or is Savannakhet my best bet for a multi?

Savannakhet will only do a multiple entry non-o visa if you are married. At one time they would do them if you had your child and their mother with you when you applied to demonstrate you were living together as a family (de facto marriage) but they have stopped doing them. Having the court order will not help.

Vientiane only does single entry visas.

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Penang if you can show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

If you are the legal father of your child you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai if you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank or 40k baht income.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, very clear on this post:

I handed in the following:

- visa application (see Application.jpg)

- 2 pictures attached to the application

- original marriage certificate

- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back on a single sheet with no date and signature on it (see Marriage Certificate Front and Back Page.jpg)

- 1 copy of my passport front page dated 15.01.2013 and signed by me

- 1 copy of my wife’s ID card, front and back page copied on a single front sheet, dated 15.1.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 1 copy of my wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) copied on a single front sheet dated 15.01.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 5000 Baht visa fee

Anyone know of AirAsia have ditched the City Transfer route, Bangkok - Don Mueang to Mukdahan (Indochina Market)), looked through and could not see anything, although I don't need to go until Feb and those seats are not released yet. 

Nok is still doing doing a route.

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, alphason said:

Anyone know of AirAsia have ditched the City Transfer route, Bangkok - Don Mueang to Mukdahan (Indochina Market)), looked through and could not see anything, although I don't need to go until Feb and those seats are not released yet. 

Nok is still doing doing a route.

Thanks.

Air Asia still shows the city transfer tab on this page. http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/our-connections/island-and-city-transfers.page#tabanchor

Nok Air has more choices since they do them from 3 airports now. See: http://nokair.com/content/en/destinations/fly-n-ride/Ubon-Ratchathani-mukdahan.aspx

• Like 1

On 4/25/2016 at 5:41 PM, ubonjoe said:
Application forms Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

Hi Ubonjoe,

These links don't seem to work, is it because of the update?

Could anybody direct me to the latest Non o multi entry visa form for Thailand from Savannakhet  and application form for visa to Laos.

Many thanks.

Just now, pgthompson said:

Hi Ubonjoe,

These links don't seem to work, is it because of the update?

Could anybody direct me to the latest Non o multi entry visa form for Thailand from Savannakhet  and application form for visa to Laos.

Many thanks.

Yes it is the upgrade. These should work.

Lao visa on arrival form.pdf

Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I understand you can get a visa on arrival at border to cross into loas. What are the opening times of border if I was to get a visa from consulate in KK can I cross 24/7 ie arrive at bridge park car. Go through immigration at say 6am and if yes is there transport across the bridge at that time.

Bridge is open from 06:00 to 22:00. 

Lao visa on arrival office is open 08:00 to 18:00 but will be open later if they are busy. If closed Thai immigration will not stamp you of the country unless you already have a visa or are from a country that is visa exempt.

The first bus leaves Mukdahan at 07:30. Schedule can be found here. http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/2014-12-16-07-24-56/ตารางเวลาเดินรถ/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

^ Don't rely on bus schedule for Mukdahan to Savanakhet too much, early morning buses tend start 7am and first few will run every 30 minutes if busy enough. 7am one is normally crammed and 7:30am similar scenario most days ...

Is there any other form of transport to cross over bridge. ??? Taxi tuk tuk???

8 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Is there any other form of transport to cross over bridge. ??? Taxi tuk tuk???

What you could do, if you are staying in Savan Vegas is use their shuttle bus to cross the border.

Their office is just across from the Covered Parking area at the Thai Side of the border.

An alternative is to take your own car across if you can make a Passport for your car at your local DLT. Costs for the passport is around 55 THB and done quickly

Ps: Afaik, you only can take your car across if it's not on Finance.

Here a VERY Good and Recent Guide on how to do it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924325-driving-your-own-car-to-laos-mukdahan-to-savannakhet/

Edited by MJCM

33 minutes ago, MJCM said:

What you could do, if you are staying in Savan Vegas is use their shuttle bus to cross the border.

Their office is just across from the Covered Parking area at the Thai Side of the border.

An alternative is to take your own car across if you can make a Passport for your car at your local DLT. Costs for the passport is around 55 THB and done quickly

Ps: Afaik, you only can take your car across if it's not on Finance.

Here a VERY Good and Recent Guide on how to do it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/924325-driving-your-own-car-to-laos-mukdahan-to-savannakhet/

Looked at that thanks can see a problem car in wifes name so to much hassle cheers tho will look into that hotel.

• Like 1

There was a thread somewhere about a copy of your Laos Visa, I made a copy of mine over the weekend just incase. 

There was a guy verbally checking the papers submitted, he mentioned it and accepted it. I also include an up to date kor-ror 2 because my local immigration insist on seeing an up to date one.

There was a guy with no original marriage certificate and they still processed his papers, so who knows what you can get away without having.

Edited by recom273