Protest guard shot at Lad Phrao protest site

Lite Beer

Protest guard shot at Lad Phrao protest site

218528-imagejpeg-334587-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After one night of non-violence, assailants returned and shot one protest guard at Lat Phrao protest site of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee early Sunday morning.

The guard, 54-year old Mr Somsak Pannoppa from Songkhla, was shot once in his back with a yet to be identified caliber of gunshot as he was performing his guard duty beneath the Lat Phra flyover at about 12.30 a.m. He was later rushed to the Meyo hospital by Ruam Katanyu volunteers.

A motorcycle taxi driver claimed that he saw a man run toward a waiting motorcycle which sped away quickly after a gunshot was heard.

The Erawan Centre reported that Mr Somsak was conscious but he was admitted to the intensive care unit and a tube was inserted into his mouth to help in the breathing. He was later sent to Bhumibol hospital where latest report said he was safe.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/protest-guard-shot-lad-phrao-protest-site/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=protest-guard-shot-lad-phrao-protest-site

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-19

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

The quicker they finish this, the better for most people. wai2.gif

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

Edited by kurtgruen
  • Like 1

Thaksin's little helpers hard at work, again.

Hold your guns. The latest update from the guy killed the other day, is that they are looking for a Democrat MP aide. Yellow on Yellow, apparently.
Not heard about that but the dems are not the yellows, PAD protested against the last dem govt and was critical of them for not following their nationalist lunacy. Neither are the dems behind the current anti govt protests, that is all suthep's doing. As far as I can see no yellows anywhere in this mess.

Where is the story you mention being reported? (Genuine question).

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Hold your guns. The latest update from the guy killed the other day, is that they are looking for a Democrat MP aide. Yellow on Yellow, apparently.
Not heard about that but the dems are not the yellows, PAD protested against the last dem govt and was critical of them for not following their nationalist lunacy. Neither are the dems behind the current anti govt protests, that is all suthep's doing. As far as I can see no yellows anywhere in this mess.

Where is the story you mention being reported? (Genuine question).

In the 'other' paper.

That's what they say....but Andrew MacGregor Marshall, which is a very good friend of Robert Amsterdam, who is a lawyer representing Thaksin, said while ago:

Quote:

"Thaksin Shinawatra’s secret “black shirt” force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets again for the first time since May 2010 and has infiltrated Suthep’s rabble. If protests escalate they will seek to incite deadly violence ahead of King Bhumibol’s birthday to discredit Suthep and his movement for good."

He also said that reliable source connected to current government passed above information to him and assured the regime supporters if protesters kill civilians or police, that does not discredit the government. Andrew Marshall, former Reuters journalist is on record.

It took a bit longer than expected but the picture is gradually shaping up. Expect more of the same.

Edited by Mackie

That's what they say....but Andrew MacGregor Marshall, which is a very good friend of Robert Amsterdam, who is a lawyer representing Thaksin, said while ago:

Quote:

"Thaksin Shinawatra’s secret “black shirt” force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets again for the first time since May 2010 and has infiltrated Suthep’s rabble. If protests escalate they will seek to incite deadly violence ahead of King Bhumibol’s birthday to discredit Suthep and his movement for good."

He also said that reliable source connected to current government passed above information to him and assured the regime supporters if protesters kill civilians or police, that does not discredit the government. Andrew Marshall, former Reuters journalist is on record.

It took a bit longer than expected but the picture is gradually shaping up. Expect more of the same.

Are you going to spam every thread with the same post ? coffee1.gif

• Like 2

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

The quicker they finish this, the better for most people. wai2.gif

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

They are finished, they dont have enough to blockade a gas station during the week let alone the ports and airport.

Prediction, by the end of next week they will be down to a couple of locations only, and if we are lucky tomorrow Suthep will pop back home and give his son some moral support when hes in court for his little bit of land corruption by following in daddys footsteps.

Yet they're still blocking 7 major intersections.

Strange again isn't it. When the real Red shirts turned up at Cheang Wattana, the army and police intervened straight away..

Nobody saw this one, despite stong army presence. So you have to conclude it's indeed another deperate last ditch to "mix things up" as Sathit Wongtongnoey has been pushing for.

Funny then he talks, bullets fly at a few Dems houses and cause no damage.

I was hoping last month this could end peacefully. Now, this mob has to be rounded up and prosecuted properly

• Like 1

Apparently during the brutal terrorist uprising in 2010 the red shirts where all peaceful and any violence caused was by the DEMS in disguise. Central World was even burned down by the DEMS apparently though they are still debating whether to blame the DEMS for burning the other 63 buildings down around the country.

Akeyuth was not killed by pro 1/15 principle of democracy lovers either. That was the driver.

Now we have the lovers of 15/15 principles of democracy protesting because, well, they support all principles of democracy and they now being blamed for blowing themselves up.

Sounds silly doesn't it. Stories like that would be shelved on the "fiction" section in book stores.

I don't think the lovers of 1 principle of democracy even believe it. They just can't bring themselves to admit they are supporting a militia.

Interestingly the only thing that strings these stories together, the common thread that is behind all these stories is a man that had his police insignia pinned onto his lapel by a convicted criminal hiding overseas from his jail sentence.

By the same man that had no problem garnering support in a 2012 broadcast to his supporters by stating that a man named "app" from the NACC asked for a bribe to get him off his charges. Nothing ever came of that. NACC categorically deny it. The police and DSI didn't even pursue it. They knew it was a demonizing tactic that would create sympathy for the militia leader. Now if a man can so blatantly lie to garner support imagine what he can do when he has a picture of him hanging in the office of the chief of police with the words on the picture stating "I have today because you gave it to me"

Imagine.

I pity the gullible.

Edited by djjamie

Stop blaming Thaksin and the reds etc as nobody knows right now. I am not Red or Yellow etc as I am just a foreigner but I know one thing........I HATE SEEING PEOPLE DYING over political unrest.

Suthep doesn't want the present government in ok fair enough but there are other ways of going about it rather then starting an ilegal rally after the King as aready declared a new election on Feb 2nd. Best off he starts with his Campaign rather then leading a bloodshed rally no?

It's simple really: Call the protest off then nobody else gets hurt then go to the negotiation commitee that has now been set up and hope you win the election too.

It really doesn't matter who has commited these cowardly acts. What does matter is when can they stop.

STOP THE BLOOD SHED SUTHEP !!!!!!

I sincerely hope he's OK. Shot by a coward, no matter the political stripe.

While I understand you mean about the shooter being a lowly fellow; I don't think that coward is the right word to use.

I mean running up to someone and shooting them in the street (for whatever reason) takes some amount of nerve; I'm not sure I'd have the stomach for it.

How can it be Mr Thaksin is blamed for every thing? Sethup was the man responsible for nearly 100 red shirt deaths, didn't see him crying then. Then and, but also, the massive corruption scandal in Phucket with farmers land given to his rich friends,

Quote:

Are you going to spam every thread with the same post ? coffee1.gif

No, I am not. It's relevant to the topic. Perhaps I'm just pointing people in the right direction and in the process saving their time. wink.png

• Like 1