Picking up new bike in BKK, How to avoid demonstrations to Pattaya

TramsRepus

GF don't want to send me alone to BKK cause of the demonstrations..... So how to awaoid them and get safe back home? I have got a few suggestions here and contemplating between them now

You won't pass any demos coming from Pattaya if you come by bus. Get off at Ekamai and take a taxi.

Got the bike yesterday. GF insisted to come alone in the taxi too bkk. Then she returned back in the taxi, and all I had to do was follow it home ;-)

180km on the bike yesterday and surprisingly a soaring behind. strange as the seat is wide and comfortable.

I bought the adventure vario screen but doesn't make the trick. The wind noise and buffeting is VERY annoying. Except for that the bike is a dream to ride. Swallowa potholes quitly like my offroad and no tireing vibrations anywhere, and it has much less mechanical sounds and rattles than my friends Versus.

Very happy with it, but I have to do something about the wind noise and buffeting though..

Edited by TramsRepus
  • Like 2

Got the bike yesterday. GF insisted to come alone in the taxi too bkk. Then she returned back in the taxi, and all I had to do was follow it home ;-)

180km on the bike yesterday and surprisingly a soaring behind. strange as the seat is wide and comfortable.

I bought the adventure vario screen but doesn't make the trick. The wind noise and buffeting is VERY annoying. Except for that the bike is a dream to ride. Swallowa potholes quitly like my offroad and no tireing vibrations anywhere, and it has much less mechanical sounds and rattles than my friends Versus.

Very happy with it, but I have to do something about the wind noise and buffeting though..

Park it and no wind noise.

There's not much you can of about the buffeting. It's worse for a rider sitting more upright instead of bent over on a superbike.

The wind noise can be lessened with a quality helmet and decent earplugs. HomePro sells various types. I always wear earplugs.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Park it and no wind noise.

Thanks for this intelligent suggestion. It will be parked now and then for sure..

There's not much you can of about the buffeting. It's worse for a rider sitting more upright instead of bent over on a superbike.

The wind noise can be lessened with a quality helmet and decent earplugs. HomePro sells various types. I always wear earplugs.

Yea, im currently using really good watchable rubber earplugs but the buffeting is killing the joy of the ride. It seems like the screen is doing more harm then good as if i standing up on the bike the noise and buffeting lessens.

I'm very disappointed at Suzuki who makes you believe the "adventure screen" is a full-good a adventure option.... The "adventure screen" is as crappy as the original as i have read. So a total waste of money there... Thanks for trusting the brand Suzuki's know-how.... I could have used that money on a quality screen like a Givi AF3101 Airflow Windscreen instead which does works well according to many reviewers....

If someone else is considering to buy the bike with the original top-box with backrest (made by hard cheap foam) for 16,800 baht, Don't do... I did, and it is not better or more equipped than any other boxes, just overpriced at many times over. I would say that my old Shad box at 3500 baht is even better as it can be open and closed with only one hand...

Enough whining.... It is a great bike and with a new screen it will be even better. Have done 280Km so far....

Edited by TramsRepus

At what speeds are you riding for the buffeting to be uncomfortable? I wouldn't like to ride a V-Strom at high speeds. I had to buy a Puig double-bubble screen for the Duc as I'm not the smallest and the stock screen was too low. The Gixxer's screen is fine.

SuzukiThailand have been pretty good so far. None of that hi-so snobbery you occasionally get at Ducati.

My full face Nolan N43 Air is little noisy but very airy and keeps your head cool.

The buffeting start already a 50kmh and get worst with speed... I have already ordered a Givi AF3101 Airflow from ebay and expect it within a week.

Have done 389Km now and love it even more....