Getting rid of howling soi dogs

fifthcolumn

Any govt agency that will cart the mutts off? When they get together as a pack at night and start howling and fighting, it must wake the neighborhood each evening.

They are a good bunch of strays, never a problem in day time. Sort of cared for by a few people. One might even say semi owned.

Love dogs, it's just too much, especially the fighting.

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems here not helped by the people who feed these pests. Strays on housing estates are a health risk as well, shitting everywhere and biting kids when they get the chance. On better estates they deal with the problem but many do not and they just breed and the problem gets worse. I am considering poison but would be interested in getting them carted off, but that just makes them somebody else's problem

• Like 2

kanchanaburi has howling dogs, also i saw one in the town centre looked like it had rabies foaming at the mouth and a crazy stare, then my thoughts were confirmed because a thai man saw me looking at the dog and told me to keep away from it because it had rabies, i wasnt intending to go near it anyway

My god, 12 replies only one serious answer and a few decent comments.

I love dogs and these mutts are ok, it's just the fights and howling that happen once or twice every night is too much. It is a very large group of dogs. Most sois have half dozen. When all these mutts get together for a party, it's about 20+.

Half are sort of cared for, half not.

So, I guess the snswer is nothing.

One of the biggest problems here not helped by the people who feed these pests. Strays on housing estates are a health risk as well, shitting everywhere and biting kids when they get the chance. On better estates they deal with the problem but many do not and they just breed and the problem gets worse. I am considering poison but would be interested in getting them carted off, but that just makes them somebody else's problem

Find a bucket truck.

I visited a couple of friends and they used to have a pit-bull (looked exactly like a pit-bull to 85% but a mix if you ask me) anyway this pitbull came along when they used to go out jogging around the area. the family really loved it. the thing was that any other neighbor with a dog hated it. when they were out jogging and the other local dogs came close and started to bark, the pit-bull ran straight at them, and when he started closing in the other dogs panicked(what do you do when you panic?you run straight home right. so the other dogs ran straight inside their homes with a never ending pit bull. in the end the dog just died(Not old)they suspect somebody gave him meat with tiny bits of crushed glass inside. no proof though.

Edited by crazyguyinthailand

THis may sound strange, but I actually have gotten to enjoy the howling,

I call it vocalizing.

It is perfectly possible to listen and be able to pick out each dog by its sound.

Also, there is an endless variety of vocalizations, some which sound like strange hillbillies playing the saw, with a violin bow.

Seriously, they do no longer bother me, and I live very close, and there are about 10 to fifteen dogs.

When they really get going, then the packs from fairly far away will join in.

I would say it sounds like the call of the wild.

Life is short enough without worrying about this, or worse yet, even considering poison, which is excrutiatingly painful, I would think.

This is their home.You are just a guest.

What an incredibly stupid statement.

Obviously, the OP is in HIS home and is losing sleep.

Or, are you trying to confer a nationality on these dogs, thereby inferring that Thai dogs have more rights than a foreign human?

Human needs outrank doggy needs, fool.

Yes, that would be about right.

Never ceases to amaze me that people think dogs have more rights than humans, we do not crap in the street, howl at all hours of the night, fight every night chase cars or bikes or attack and bite people without the law or the community coming down hard on them.

Get real you guys they are animals and should be treated as animals if they are a problem remove them anyway possible, we would expect a humans to be removed if they acted like a soi dogs

THis may sound strange, but I actually have gotten to enjoy the howling,

I call it vocalizing.

It is perfectly possible to listen and be able to pick out each dog by its sound.

Also, there is an endless variety of vocalizations, some which sound like strange hillbillies playing the saw, with a violin bow.

Seriously, they do no longer bother me, and I live very close, and there are about 10 to fifteen dogs.

When they really get going, then the packs from fairly far away will join in.

I would say it sounds like the call of the wild.

Life is short enough without worrying about this, or worse yet, even considering poison, which is excrutiatingly painful, I would think.

you ought to come along to our house and hear our Alaskan malamute when he's in full cry talk about an apache war cry,we get a lot of coucal birds nesting alongside our house and when they start their war cries it sets him off.

to see him with his head in the air howling his head off reminds me of all the call of the wild films when you see the wolves and coyote's talking to each other.

I would suggest if it is happening on a regular basis get a bottle of haiter bleach[pink bottle] and spray it around where they meet they don't like the smell of it at all,you just try it.

Never ceases to amaze me that people think dogs have more rights than humans, we do not crap in the street, howl at all hours of the night, fight every night chase cars or bikes or attack and bite people without the law or the community coming down hard on them.

Get real you guys they are animals and should be treated as animals if they are a problem remove them anyway possible, we would expect a humans to be removed if they acted like a soi dogs

havnt you ever been to pattayacheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

FYI .. We looked into getting some dogs carted off, I think we share the same sentiment .. A couple of our soi dogs are pretty cool, but there are just too many bitches. They are great deterrents for the local wheelie kids and burglars.

When we enquired at the local government office, they said they would come and take them away, but it would be all or nothing, we wouldnt have a choice to keep the male guard dogs, so in the end we just let it drop.

Maybe the same for you, maybe you see the dogs gone but replaced with a rise in burglary.

Be careful what you wish for. Territorial soi dogs may be keeping the burglars away.

Slightly different situation, my apartment complex in China- just about every unit without a dog has been burglarized- many times while the owners were sleeping.

My dogs are small, but NOBODY is getting into our place without us knowing about it. So it's easier for them to go to the next apartment, whether anyone's home or not.

• Like 1

That government department mentioned below must be busy.

Had problems in the past. Seems to happen most in areas where there are multiple housing units.

I resolved my problem by telling my local clairvoyant about it who said that the dogs would be soon going on a long journey....which, strangely enough, happened..

I visited a couple of friends and they used to have a pit-bull (looked exactly like a pit-bull to 85% but a mix if you ask me) anyway this pitbull came along when they used to go out jogging around the area. the family really loved it. the thing was that any other neighbor with a dog hated it. when they were out jogging and the other local dogs came close and started to bark, the pit-bull ran straight at them, and when he started closing in the other dogs panicked(what do you do when you panic?you run straight home right. so the other dogs ran straight inside their homes with a never ending pit bull. in the end the dog just died(Not old)they suspect somebody gave him meat with tiny bits of crushed glass inside. no proof though.

I know many Farangs who have had larger or more aggressive to other dogs, dogs over here & it works in frightening the soy dogs, the problem is they also frighten/make envious the local Thais, these dogs invariably have a piece of poisoned meat thrown to them by the locals, I have heard this story & seen the results personally many times in the 2 years Iv'e lived here & have talked to many heartbroken people who have had this happen, Thais aren't sentimental about dogs, they just won't take responsibility for them unless they are perceived to be causing them personally, a problem... Iv'e no idea what the solution to this problem is but there are undoubtedly far too many dogs in far too poor a condition running around the streets here & Villages here...

• Like 1

It seems there is an obvious answer which none of us is allowed to say. But I suggest being a man and talking responsibility for the situation, if none of your neighbours will. Stray animals have miserable lives and contribute to disease levels in the city.

How many are there,maybe setup a trap than take them to the dump or somthing they can go and hang out around there this is the problem with annimals that havent been desexed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by stedyedy