insurance for kids

aawwaa

I just cancelled AIA health insurance and will opt for money in the bank.

Thai insurance sucks totally, they are about 30 of more years behind on western Europe.

We have a good government hospital just around the corner and it's not expensive.

Remember: you can insure everything but a risk!

If your kid is born in Thailand, get them on Uncle Thaksin's subsidised healthcare scheme. Had twins last year, born prematurely, and was fretting about the cost of them both being in neo natal intensive care (as well as fretting about their health, too!) for 3 weeks. The nurses told me they were Thai and therefore were entitled to subsidised healthcare. A bit of admin to do to sort it out but it meant we only had to pay 1000baht of the 80k bill, which really helped us out. You obviously don't get the frills of a private hospital but up to now it's been fine.

• Like 2

Health insurance is expensive.. I mean real health insurance.. not this crap that most people (including many TV members) think is health insurance.

You should look at international health insurance like BUPA international (but not BUPA thailand) and AIA, Cigna etc...

But it is not cheap....

My 3 year old's policy is costing me $3K a year alone.

316 usd a month or a year?

until now she is insuranced with bupa international.

i know she can be treated with the 30 baht thai insurance, i live in pattaya,

the queen sirikit hospital in sattahip is pretty good, but long waiting time.

until now she always went to bangkok pattaya hospital.

an extra insurance would let me sleep better than only this 30 baht insurance....

316 usd a month or a year?

until now she is insuranced with bupa international.

i know she can be treated with the 30 baht thai insurance, i live in pattaya,

the queen sirikit hospital in sattahip is pretty good, but long waiting time.

until now she always went to bangkok pattaya hospital.

an extra insurance would let me sleep better than only this 30 baht insurance....

The $316 is per year and is what Allianz offers as a 'family' for S.E.A. - note only one parent needs to be insured to get this rate

Have you looked into BUPA Thailand? That is the most common policy in Thailand.

BUPA Thailand (this is not BUPA International as most know BUPA) is expensive for children. The nearest example to Allianz (although well short on the benefits of Allianz) costs 58,000 Baht (per child) up to the age of 5 and then 32,000 Baht up age 15 where as Allianz is less than 10,000 Baht up to 21