Caretaker PM Yingluck agrees to meet EC chairman on Tuesday

webfact

My observation is that Yingluck Shinawatra is getting stronger and stronger each day and her position as a Leader of the Government is undeniable. Crisis does indeed make a person.

I though that was Dr Frank-N-Furter?

You don't have to agree with me. Your comment is making you look so stupid and sound sour on the reality.

My observation is that Yingluck Shinawatra is getting stronger and stronger each day and her position as a Leader of the Government is undeniable. Crisis does indeed make a person.

I think she is desperate to cling to power, otherwise she'll be off to join The Desert Coward in exile.
I think you are jealous and afraid of legitimate power.

Send from my Mobile

• Like 1

Just another Thaksin thinks, Yingluck acts move..., and EC-member is freaking scared now moment

Yawn. Yet another boring hate Thaksin post that contributes absolutely nothing.

It's interesting you say that, but I think you are going to have a hard time doing the opposite -- outlining why there should be 'love' for Thaksin and in the process make a contribution to the discussion.

I think she is desperate to cling to power, otherwise she'll be off to join The Desert Coward in exile.
I think you are ...afraid of legitimate power.

Send from my Mobile

Agreed, as long as terrorism, physical and financial, is considered legitimate power.

Edited by samuidave

How lame is this ? Let us count the ways :

- why wait until Tuesday to meet with the EC ? Has Yingluck a pressing hair appointment ?

- is this true, the meeting has been suggested, but " the venue and time haven't been set up " ( did you call them ? )

- there aren't any formal topics of discussion for the meeting ( what ? ) but that informal talk beforehand is ruled out ( ! )

- that because the Constitution Court didn't specifically mention " advance polling " in their ruling, that Pheu Thai somehow assumes that it occupies a parallel universe

- the Thai Council of State - an institution that operates under the prime minister - who advise the administration - and just gave an enormous present to Pheu Thai by allowing rice payments loans to actually take place before the election, against the advice of the EC, and in spite of the ongoing proceedings of the NACC, and in spite of the stated non-compliance of the banks - is now of the opinion that the election cannot be postponed ( ! ) - despite the ruling by the Constitution Court yesterday - and that - yet again - the EC - on Tuesday ( ! ) will be told of the Council of State's opinion, though it added " the Court did not order to postpone the election, just interpreting that the polling could possibly be postponed. " In other words, - the Thai Council of State - which advises the administration regarding legal matters - doesn't know how to read the Constitution Court's ruling ! Here we go again. We're back to the argument between Pheu Thai and the EC that the Constitution Court addressed yesterday - now scheduled for a lively discussion - five days before an election, and two days after advance polling has taken place !

Now to the answer to the original question posed - ladies and gentlemen - that's how lame !

you are obviously new here in Thailand - or absolutely ignorant - insulting the PM publicly in front of the press will never be forgotten nor forgiven..........Somchai's day will come!

There are certain things when you are in a certain position you do not do or say in this country . Somchai is a chauvinistic pig who thinks he has to play politics instead of doing his job - and he will pay dearly for his insults believe me!

If there is any agreement, will Somchai who frequented the DEM's PAD rallies stop his maneuvering to block the election?

Send from my Mobile

Did he! When?

Has he been to Sutheps protests?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, multiple times.

If there is any agreement, will Somchai who frequented the DEM's PAD rallies stop his maneuvering to block the election?

Send from my Mobile

Did he! When?

Yes, multiple times.

Which questions you answering ..both or one?

any links?

Send from my Mobile

Did he! When?

Yes, multiple times.

Which questions you answering ..both or one?

any links?

Will reply, when I am back home.

But now that the CC has stated it needs to be a joint decision, it removes EC's belief that it can unilaterally cancel the election. Suddenly Supachai is prepared to talk to the PM.

IIRC, it was an 8-0 decision that the elections can be postponed, and only a 7-1 decision that the caretaker PM and EC should discuss it.

I don't recall reading that the CC said it needs to be a joint decision.

Really? Just the other day she wanted to resign but her older brother wouldn't let her. If that's a pillar of strength, whatever was she like before?

I think you are jealous and afraid of legitimate power.

Considering Yingluck is under investigation for her part in the rice scam, she has already been forced to dissolve government, and there are thousands of people in the streets, it's not a big stretch for many to think she is desperately clinging on to power.

Send from my Mobile

Did he! When?

Yes, multiple times.

Haven't you?

She should have met the EC on Saturday immediately after the court ruling. Potentially B100 million in state funds and a man's life could have been saved by cancelling the early voting.

It is very clear that her brother will not allow her to make any compromise. The only way the election can be postponed is if at least 3 of the EC commissioners resign, resulting in a lack of quorum and a 3-5 process of re-selection by the Senate.

• Like 1