Deputy PM: 2 Feb election will go ahead despite obstruction of advance poll in some areas

Lite Beer

How could the result of this election be considered legitimate with so many people denied there chance to vote?

Sent from my phone ...

Simply use a pro rata basis based on the last democratic election and let those votes be counted. At least the Dems will get some votes that way!

Well it's a thought! (-:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must go ahead.Next weekend there will be many more polling stations and many more voters. Lets hope that the silent democratic majority will prevail.

The silent democratic majority has just opened their mouth

RT@Lerlaforever: Bluesky: A PDRC was shot death near Wat Sri Iam Temple by Red Shirts

RT@veen_NT: One dead from a clash near Wat Sri Aium and at least one injured as red shirt Samut Prakarn attacked NSPRT protesters. #bluesky

RT@Lerlaforever: CORRECTION according to Veena T, he was NSPRT protester, not PDRC

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee Maschamadolon told #BlueSky that PDRC was leaving the temple when the red group arrived and then they were attacked.

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee: Some protesters are still inside the temple, dare not come out. #bluesky

Your statement appears to have zero relevance to the tweets. There is nothing silent or democratic about gunshot murder of a political opponent, nor does shooting someone involve use of their mouth or even tiny brain. And IMHO, the majority would find such an action abhorrent, but apparently not you.

My sincere apologies, next time I will ask your approval before I make a post .

" As for the election on 2 February, it would go as planned since as much as 90% of the advance poll today was able to take place, Mr Surapong said. "

From the Earth to Thaksin's cousin, Surapong - as of three hours ago - 45 of 152 polling stations nationwide had to close. Go back to listing all the countries that are still in a state of ecstasy over this election, though be careful not to note that they are now all issuing travel warnings.

Thais behave like children. The dangerous part is that they have weapons. Therefore, nothing positive can happen. Horrible conflicts might occur before they finally realize how stupid they have been. But that is par for the course. The pattern is: (1) Thais are VIOLENT, (2) They hurt each other and (3) Then they are remorseful.... just like an immature kid.

Shooting at Wat Sri Lam Temple is testimony to Thais normal behavior... They are just incapable of dealing with conflict. It is either 100% avoid; or 100% fight to the death. No emotional intelligence or control when it comes to conflict.... So much for "gentle, utopian" Thailand.

Edited by Blackmirage2013

It must go ahead.Next weekend there will be many more polling stations and many more voters. Lets hope that the silent democratic majority will prevail.

RT@Lerlaforever: Bluesky: A PDRC was shot death near Wat Sri Iam Temple by Red Shirts

RT@veen_NT: One dead from a clash near Wat Sri Aium and at least one injured as red shirt Samut Prakarn attacked NSPRT protesters. #bluesky

RT@Lerlaforever: CORRECTION according to Veena T, he was NSPRT protester, not PDRC

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee Maschamadolon told #BlueSky that PDRC was leaving the temple when the red group arrived and then they were attacked.

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee: Some protesters are still inside the temple, dare not come out. #bluesky

Your statement appears to have zero relevance to the tweets. There is nothing silent or democratic about gunshot murder of a political opponent, nor does shooting someone involve use of their mouth or even tiny brain. And IMHO, the majority would find such an action abhorrent, but apparently not you.

My sincere apologies, next time I will ask your approval before I make a post .

If you can't handle criticism, don't bother.

• Like 2

How could the result of this election be considered legitimate with so many people denied there chance to vote?

Sent from my phone ...

Simply use a pro rata basis based on the last democratic election and let those votes be counted. At least the Dems will get some votes that way!

Well it's a thought! (-:

Sure .... That'll work....

Sent from my phone ...

All those PTP supporters out there:

It isn't enough if a majority of voters manage to cast their vote. In order to qualify as a democratic election, all voters must have the equal chance to vote. And even more so, as Thailand has a duty to vote for it's citizens. To abstain from voting is an offence agianst the election law.

Unless ALL those, who wanted to vote today have a chance to vote later (maybe next Sunday, IF the election is still on by then), the election is undemocratic in it's outcome and the resulting government as well.

And that is all in addition to the fact, that the 95% quorum of elected MPs for the inaugurating session will not be met. 28 seats are not contested, another 22 seats have only a single candidate, where this candidate must receive at least 20% of ALL elegible voters.

So they can shoot protesters out of frustration or walk on their hands backwards, the election will not lead to a decent and democratic result. Which in turn is the reason, why the EC wants it postponed.

But such formalities like incomplete elections never ever bothered Taksin and his bunch on their way to pocket government funds.

And as usual the farmers are the ones to suffer. But they have only YL and TS to blame...

• Like 1

So Suthin Tharatin is shot dead, by Reds.

This is just a start.

Where is the army, waiting in line for a coup? Does it wait for a counted number of deaths before operating?

Oooops...... APOLOGIES....... Thais can't count in most of the Esan communities, no deaths so far.

-m.

Photo proof please,that the gunman wore a RED shirt.

I haven't seen any proof it was a red shirt it's just wild rumors and speculation.

With 70% of the polling stations closed. How could 90% of the advanced voters given their vote so early already?

I know?? They had their votes before today already prepared.

Tuesdays news. Landslide win for PTP in elections.

The people have won an outstanding victory for the PTP AND YL with 90% of votes choosing to keep the PTP in control of this country. YL states: I knew i would win.

What will happen next with Suthep and his protesters?

Heheehheeee!

:-):-):-):-[

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are making the same mistake as your average Suthep financier - only what happens in Bangkok counts, right?

70% of polling stations in BKK may have been closed - and some more in the South - but there are plenty more open around the rest of the country, which Suthep's PDRC people were evidently not able or bothered to block. Hence the possibility that 90% of overall polling has been able to take place.

Possible Peter. But, the advance polling is for those migrant workers, students, overseas Thais that can't get home to vote in time or would have difficulty. That may well effect the geographical profile of where they are to be found. I would have thought it unlikely that 90% could have voted effectively, given the criteria.

• Like 1

Sent from my phone ...

Well it's a thought! (-:

Sure .... That'll work....

Sent from my phone ...

In agreement again! 1508251.GIF

Pm offered to discuss delay, look how suthep behaves! Its pathetic. Yingluks problem is that she is full of empty threats! Military must protect the voting booths!

The complete election is already illegal so the military want to keep as much distance as possible, at the end the military will be blamed for anything that happens.

All those PTP supporters out there:

It isn't enough if a majority of voters manage to cast their vote. In order to qualify as a democratic election, all voters must have the equal chance to vote. And even more so, as Thailand has a duty to vote for it's citizens. To abstain from voting is an offence agianst the election law.

Unless ALL those, who wanted to vote today have a chance to vote later (maybe next Sunday, IF the election is still on by then), the election is undemocratic in it's outcome and the resulting government as well.

And that is all in addition to the fact, that the 95% quorum of elected MPs for the inaugurating session will not be met. 28 seats are not contested, another 22 seats have only a single candidate, where this candidate must receive at least 20% of ALL elegible voters.

So they can shoot protesters out of frustration or walk on their hands backwards, the election will not lead to a decent and democratic result. Which in turn is the reason, why the EC wants it postponed.

But such formalities like incomplete elections never ever bothered Taksin and his bunch on their way to pocket government funds.

And as usual the farmers are the ones to suffer. But they have only YL and TS to blame...

And if it is true in Nakhon Si Thammerat they fly in the candidates per helicopter to register.

But only these of the main parties not these of the small parties.....

But the plan is to go ahead and fill the rest with by elections. Given enough time it is of course possible to concentrate enough police in 2-3 areas at a time, register 2 candidates and count the handful of votes you get there. But I can't see the courts agree with that.

Ask the administrators of this forum for it since the quotes were copy and pasted from the Thailand live thread.

With the caretaker Govt going into Tuesdays meeting with a closed mind and quite happy to see violence it is very likely that the EC commissioners will resign as they will not want to be seen as responsible for any bloodshed.

We already see the caretaker Govt blaming them for todays problems so the commissioners will have little choice.

Once that happens it will be impossible to hold an election.

But of course the EC commissioners will be blamed anyway whichever way it goes.

PT must think that by doing it this way they will be seen as holding on to the democratic high ground while anyone who wants an election postponed will be called undemocratic.

I thought "silent democratic majority" was being sarcastic. It was 200 red shirts riding motorcyles (a biker gang?). Reading it again, maybe the person was serious about the comment.

So the stupidity continues. One family, trying to hang on to power and the money tree, will destroy Thailand, if we let them. It's time for the Shin clan to go.

If the situation wasn't so serious, it would be comical.

How many people will have to die, before Thaksin's familly finally gets their nose out of Thai politics. I am afraid, there may be a lot of blood on their hands, by the time, this is over (there already is) and for what??? All for greed. 1zgarz5.gif

You're right, get Thaksin's family out of politics so other snouts can get to the trough. None of these people (especially Suthep) give a rat's ass about the country nor it's people. Greed, & power at any cost is the creed for ALL the politicians, not just Thaksin

• Like 2

Pm offered to discuss delay, look how suthep behaves! Its pathetic. Yingluks problem is that she is full of empty threats! Military must protect the voting booths!

The complete election is already illegal so the military want to keep as much distance as possible, at the end the military will be blamed for anything that happens.

Why is it illegal? Because Suthep has said so? Because a minority of thugs are hell bent on impeding it? Because the"wrong party" may win it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How is it illegal?

The government are playing a masterful game here. The opposition are firmly against the election and the current early election votes (whatever they are), so they are busy staying away and trying to block the voting. How many of the people who did turn up and vote so far are voting for the current government? Vast majority I expect.

Meanwhile the government call for a state of emergency giving them powers to arrest individuals on site and push to carry on with the election. This antagonizes the opposition who are now even more determined to stop the voting, and hey presto the supporters of the current government get into the booths and vote them back in whilst the opposition try to stop the voting from outside.

The government then have the moral high ground as they have won the election in a democratic way.

The opposition need to to rethink very quickly, who is the alternative party to vote for? They should be spending a lot of time showing that party, publicizing the policies and providing a viable alternative to the current (albeit dissolved) government.

I can see this getting very messy.

There is a video posted of the attacks from afar. There were several persons carrying Red Flags appearing to be agressors while loud gunshots were heard.

• Like 1

What i don't understand is who is the alternative party that people can vote for?

Where are the political agendas and policies for people to consider? Who are the faces of the alternatives? What exactly are people voting for? Also why isn't Yingluck all over the news with new and fresh policies? It doesn't matter whether you believe her or not, she has the right to present her party and it's agenda.

Unless I am missing something that is only on Thai news (I don't speak Thai) I have not seen anyone appearing and tackling the current issues in Thailand for the people and talking about an alternative to the ousted government?

If this is not happening how is it democracy? How can people make a decision on who to vote for to run their country?

The government are playing a masterful game here. The opposition are firmly against the election and the current early election votes (whatever they are), so they are busy staying away and trying to block the voting. How many of the people who did turn up and vote so far are voting for the current government? Vast majority I expect.

Meanwhile the government call for a state of emergency giving them powers to arrest individuals on site and push to carry on with the election. This antagonizes the opposition who are now even more determined to stop the voting, and hey presto the supporters of the current government get into the booths and vote them back in whilst the opposition try to stop the voting from outside.

The government then have the moral high ground as they have won the election in a democratic way.

The opposition need to to rethink very quickly, who is the alternative party to vote for? They should be spending a lot of time showing that party, publicizing the policies and providing a viable alternative to the current (albeit dissolved) government.

I can see this getting very messy.

You could read any one of more than 50 reputable media sources.

The Government have the moral high ground believe me. that's why Suthep and his bimbo lawyer were writing to ohohohohohahah can I type it.... hahah Obama hahah..

Few luddites in Thailand who may be happy to keep the country fuled by rich elites are not going to change this.

Thailand is on the move and this Coup has really stuttered along from the start. It is kept alive by the Army and Courts conspiring as they know.... It is their last chance to do this. fail and they are gone from the trough for all time.

This is why Suthep is hanging on despite been down to a few hundered followers last week. He has nowhere to go. He gets his coup of he could hang for it.

He would get death in many countries for Treason. Only here, he is the elites man and they are not going to turn on him.... yet :)

• Like 1