Is this a good price for the house?

expatsupreme

no thai lady, I am not a nutter, never....

just love the house...that is it, and I could sell it later for 3 mill

unfortunately foreigners can't buy homes here so don't even bother thinking about it.

and it's over-priced for being out in the boonies of San Kamphaeng and not a very nice home with small rooms, no space for garden....

Edited by Oscar2

not the best of deals. 80 talang wa is not super small, but more can certainly be had for this price considering its so far from the city center. also, forget about privacy as the neighbors can probably share your tv.

as usually is the case, place looks nice from the front, and worthless once you walk inside. such is townhouse-style construction.

In my opinion it is worth 2.5. You aren't going to find a house like that for 2.0. You will find new stuff for 1.8 or so but I am not sure how big they are or how nice they are. My friend's just moved into a new 1.8 mill baht house as it was all they could afford. I don't think new houses come much cheaper than 1.8 but I may be wrong.

Selling it for a profit is very unlikely, though. You are up against too much competition, including desperate sellers.

Edited by roger1999

unfortunately foreigners can't buy homes here so don't even bother thinking about it.

and it's over-priced for being out in the boonies of San Kamphaeng and not a very nice home with small rooms, no space for garden....

I'm curious to know how he can buy a house without a Thai wife, unless you're not a foreigner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats a western style house isn't it, would the locals buy such a design.

Karnkanok 1 is badly run.. Petty actions by the moobaan admin woman make it a pain.. And the build quality is truly awful. the house I am in has failed foundations, massive cracks and patching, and a court battle between the landlord and the developer. The developer keeps patching over the issues with zero effort to fix the actual issues.

No way I would consider 2.5 for one on there, is also miles out of town, but thats a bonus for me.

I'm curious to know how he can buy a house without a Thai wife, unless you're not a foreigner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats a western style house isn't it, would the locals buy such a design.

he can't buy it...he's a dreamer. yes of course Thais buy designs like that...

* It's not a bad price for a fairly new house of that size. For houses that are a little bit older you can probably get something similar for around 2 mil, but the asking price isn't crazy. While it's not the deal of the century at the asking price, some negotiation may be expected and if you end up closer to 2 mil then that's really just fine.

* Don't expect to make money on any real estate, especially not when it's far out of town. The only thing that potentially goes up in value is the land price, and 80 Tarang wa out there will creep at the slowest rate. By all means buy something if you can afford it and want to provide for a local wife/family, but this is not a money making investment.

* Location.. It's the new Sankamphaeng Road.. which is booming with housing developments, and not much else. Road is being widened and will likely be widened again soon-ish. It's not too far to Promenada or Big C for shopping, and the moat is 13.6 km away. Pretty average.

* Then there's the development itself. Don't know this particular one bat Karn Kanok have several developments around town. Again fairly average; not high-end but also not dumpy either.

* Then the house quality itself. Not much to go on just from the pictures, though there was one '<deleted>?!' moment, architecture wise. I include that below for general amusement. wink.png

post-64232-0-55195300-1390746210_thumb.j

^ You don't see that too often anymore these days in new buildings..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The owner most likely has been trying to sell the property for several years

already,lots of contradictions in the advert, first it says 2 bedrooms,then its

3, says NEW house built 2009 !, price negotiable,then further down price

is firm.

If you have 2.5 M go for it ,maybe you can turn a profit and sell for 3M.

regards Worgeordie

Keep looking, much better houses, much better location, much better prices but how do you think you are going to buy one in your name, or are you just going to put it in the name of girlfriend/ or whatever?

Rent a place first then take your time to look around.

Tell me what it would rent for, and I can give you a much better estimate. If there is foundation/drainage/flood trouble; I'm running like Hell.

12,000 THB would be a good deal.

15,000 THB is what would likely be sought.

18,000 THB is what the owner would dream of, or what the real estate company asks for after their commission on top.

• Like 1

OK, well another posted a chart recently that shows Thailand selling at 16 times annual rent. Let's price on all three scenarios:

A) 12K=purchase price of 2.304 million

cool.png 15K= 2.880

C 18K=3.456

But personally, I think 16 is way too high of a multiple. I think 2 million would be more of a decent value, but how far is it from main roads, etc, How is the pool? What are the builders charging? I saw the sign at BarkWagTan and it showed 1.3 million....60 wah and single level. Might be a good gauge.

off to the info incorrect quote court OSCAR2

On Sunday we just drove out that road on our way to the hot springs... There are at least 20 new moo baan development being built out there... Signs have prices from 1.8... 2.5 million... Seems like it would be a good idea to drive out there and shop around... Your 2.5 million would get you in the high end of any of the new developments... You could pick the lot, house style and do some custom finishes... There are risks (but what you are looking at has risked too)...

How can you know what a house is worth if you do not know how well it was built and the quality of the materials used?

Yes location is significant but build quality can easily change the value by a factor of two or more. Wire sizes, breaker box or one fuse, tile quality, quality of the fixtures, aluminum and glass thickness on the windows and doors, doors 300 baht or 7,000 baht, .............

• Like 2

How can you know what a house is worth if you do not know how well it was built and the quality of the materials used?

Yes location is significant but build quality can easily change the value by a factor of two or more. Wire sizes, breaker box or one fuse, tile quality, quality of the fixtures, aluminum and glass thickness on the windows and doors, doors 300 baht or 7,000 baht, .............

Ever hear of Zillow? They're worth 3.2 billion usd. They appraise houses without looking at them.

^ I second that about the doors especially. Even if you don't know much about building, anyone can spot a cheapo door that's super thin / light wood, or plastic even for bathroom doors, etc. If they skimped on that, they skimped on everything.

I was shocked to see how thin the aluminium sliding door frame was at the guest-house I was staying in at Chiang Mai. I couldn't understand why the balcony door wouldn't lock until i had a closer inspection, it was out of shape, so with my fingers, i bent it back to a position where I could lock the door with a slight bit of effort.