F1 2014

rixalex

The comments by Lauda, I see his point... all the boos at the driver and team last year for being the best 4 years in a row..

still Mercedes need as many points now as the other teams may catch up later in the year..

The comments by Lauda, I see his point... all the boos at the driver and team last year for being the best 4 years in a row..

still Mercedes need as many points now as the other teams may catch up later in the year..

As a neutral F1 fan I see his point but as an employee of Mercedes I don't. The booing that Vettel started getting last season was stupid and unfair, and I don't think anyone working for an F1 team now should feel that they don't want to win too much for fear of the crowd turning on them. Let those stupid members of the crowd do whatever they want. They are idiots. It wasn't Vettel's or Red Bull's fault that they won so much, it was all the other teams who couldn't build a car to compete who were to blame. Boo anyone, boo them!

If Merc walk it, I'm all for it if it makes the stupid double points irrelevant.

Still can't believe that idea has actually been implemented. Going to be so unfair if someone does snatch a title thanks to it.
  • Like 1

If Merc walk it, I'm all for it if it makes the stupid double points irrelevant.

Still can't believe that idea has actually been implemented. Going to be so unfair if someone does snatch a title thanks to it.

Maybe will make all the lower teams run full power to try to get more points and move up ?

As for the Title, in past years it has been won by just a point at the last race.. so yes an extra 25 points for a win appears very unfair, no leading team is safe unless they are 50 points ahead.

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

Well if only his car had been firing on all cylinders at Melbourne he more than likely would have won all four races to date.

And it is not just Mansell, SkyBet has Lewis at 1:3 Nico at 3:1 and Vettel at 10:1

One thing is the season has only just begun and a lot can happen, only needs Lewis or Mercedes to go off the boil and all can change, but there again another 11 wins and Lewis will beat Michael's(2004) And Sebastian's(2013) record of 13 wins in one season.

Whether or not Lewis wins the WDC this year, he will at least feel his decision to move from McClaren to Mercedes has been completely vindicated. I remember at the time his decision was announced, there were a number of people who said that he was only doing it for the money and who were rubbing their hands together in anticipated glee at the thought of him struggling around at the back of the pack, much like Schumacher and Rosberg were doing at that time.

The suggestion of him moving only for money was daft, as i said at the time, because pretty much all the drivers at the top of F1 have enough money already to not be swayed by the odd million here or there. It's success they all crave more than anything else, and no matter how good a driver you are, if you don't have the best equipment under you, you really don't stand much of a chance. There isn't a driver in F1 who wouldn't drive that Mercedes for free, if given the chance.

It was also daft because although Mercedes were struggling when Lewis announced his switch, it was no secret that the team was in good shape for all the regulation changes in 2014.

• Like 2

True, and you can never say Lewis was disloyal either he gave them everything until the day he left, and would have stayed if there was any chance of having a competitive car.

McClaren had problems and not only lost Lewis but other key people only now with Ron back at the helm are they starting to to rebuild, but even now I do not see Ron as the man he was and still think Ros is the ideal person if McClaren can live with a sole team principle as Ros will not share the job.

True, and you can never say Lewis was disloyal either he gave them everything until the day he left, and would have stayed if there was any chance of having a competitive car.

McClaren had problems and not only lost Lewis but other key people only now with Ron back at the helm are they starting to to rebuild, but even now I do not see Ron as the man he was and still think Ros is the ideal person if McClaren can live with a sole team principle as Ros will not share the job.

Ross seems to me to be a shoe-in at Ferrari.

Hope McClaren turn things around. If anyone can do it, Ron surely can. He's still got the fire and the passion I think. First priority for me would be getting dibs on Hulkenburg, for when Button calls it a day.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hey folks, any ideas for being able to watch this w/ends race free?

If you something like Chrome you can add the Apps 'Zenmate' for Chrome, change you location to London UK and watch on BBC [if they broadcast this Race] Just looked on BBC 1 they do not show LIVE only Highlights

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-f1-live-stream.php

Streamhunter - Live

Myself use http://www.vipboxuk.co/sports/formula-1.html, between 12 - 19 LIVE streams, just pick the best one for you, Myself never installed anything, but other say there is some sort on problem, never had it myself and watch on here every race for past about 3 years normally via Sky Sports HD.

• Like 1

Well that's one way to get pole, go off on the final run so that yellows have to be waved ... bad luck Lewis

Did you see the post-quali interview? LH's demeanour says it all.

First corner wheel-banging tomorrow?

When a driver can intentionally or accidentally manipulate the outcome like that. It just goes to show, IMHO, that the qualifying format is wrong. Heck holding a raffle would be better.

My initial reaction was that it was a genuine mistake, and I think I still believe that. The only thing that does put a element of doubt in my mind was the fact that it seems Rosberg was down on time when he had the incident. If he was pushing hard, and that is what caused his mistake, would have expected his time to be up.

Had he been going faster I don't think there would be any question of him doing it deliberately. The fact that he wasn't does make one wonder. I still think though that he should get the benefit of the doubt.

Going to be potentially explosive at the front today. Hope Lewis has calmed himself down or it could all be over very quickly.

Edited by rixalex

Good race, Lewis certainly wanted so badly to win. and certainly tried to until he got some dirt in his eye.

I do not think yesterdays yellow flag was deliberate but you can understand Lewis no being so convinced.

Sebastian, another retirement, yet Daniel has got the same car and another place on the podium.

Can't help feeling a bit sorry for Seb. Bad enough to be struggling and outperformed by team mate who is virtually a rookie, but to be getting the reliability problems too! He must be wondering what he has done to deserve it. Still, I guess maybe it is karma catching up with him as before it was always Mark who had all the reliability issues.

Re Lewis, yes, can understand his frustration. Being denied putting in his final qualifying lap basically cost him the race. That must hurt. But, at the end of the day, he should be kicking himself more than anybody else. Had his first flying lap in Q3 been quicker than Nico he wouldn't have been in that position. He now needs to forget about it and move on.

With the boys so closely matched the smallest thing will be getting to them, I now know why Mercedes have just signed up a shrink.

Lewis needs to get over this, it was clear that it was getting to him after the race, he needs to think outside the box, he is by a cats whisker the better driver and there are a lot more races this season, but he must also be aware that anything can happen on and off the circuit.

He needs to chill out and think, could he have pulled of the same thing at the end of Q3? I think when Lewis thinks about it, it could be possible but there was a lot of risk of it backfiring.

And do not forget Nico was upset a few races back when possibly Lewis over stepped the mark in thrilling Mercedes only race, OK so it is Nico 1, Lewis 1.

There is one thing for sure you do not get to top of F1 by being nice and playing by the rules.

Edited by Basil B