Is the 'Somkiat effect' strong enough to reverse the tide?: Thai editorial

webfact

So far the protesters have been more non-violent than the government side that threw grenades and did the far most shooting. We can all agree that the protesters are the more succesful side in the conflict. This will paertly have to do with the less violent approach they have.

• Like 2

So far the protesters have been more non-violent than the government side that threw grenades and did the far most shooting. We can all agree that the protesters are the more succesful side in the conflict. This will paertly have to do with the less violent approach they have.

There is no moral high ground for the protesters lol

I don't know what your reading but other than bluesky the word in the press. media and social media is not praising the protesters of anything but being good fascists. giggle.gif

I don't know what your reading but other than bluesky the word in the press. media and social media is not praising the protesters of anything but being good fascists. giggle.gif

Then what side suffered the most dead and injured? And what side caused that? Or do you still say the hundreds of victims by bullets, bombs and grenades fell under friendly fire? Suthep done it all? Get real!

• Like 1

Then what side suffered the most dead and injured? And what side caused that? Or do you still say the hundreds of victims by bullets, bombs and grenades fell under friendly fire? Suthep done it all? Get real!

Oh i am real ... i am very real indeed just spend some time on the media links and feeds thumbsup.gif the news or sentiment out there is not in the favour of the protesters wishes but the interest in this fascist movement and what is increasingly being seen as a heroic attempt by people to vote at the advance election centres and if the fascist movement is going to try it again on sunday or not....

Your protest was scuppered for sympathy as soon as they decided to forcefully blockade the voting process... well long before that actually but certainly now :)

Oh i am real ... i am very real indeed just spend some time on the media links and feeds thumbsup.gif the news or sentiment out there is not in the favour of the protesters wishes but the interest in this fascist movement and what is increasingly being seen as a heroic attempt by people to vote at the advance election centres and if the fascist movement is going to try it again on sunday or not....

Your protest was scuppered for sympathy as soon as they decided to forcefully blockade the voting process... well long before that actually but certainly now smile.png

The grenades? The shootings? The hundreds of victims? Heroic?

Being more or less violent is not much of a prize.

And government used force only in the clash at Thai-Japanese stadium anyway, or you believe Suthep's words and every shooting. bombing and hand-clapping was because government ordered it?

In any case, cannot sure tell this is a non-violent movement. They have their violent arm that showed in different occasions. And if you are not biased you will reckon that.

The moral high ground is plainly with the anti government protestors as more and more organisations from business leaders, universities, doctors, civil servants join the demands for reform along with many grass roots organisations and NGOs

Differences lie in implementation but the desire for change is clearly there.

The fascist is Thaksin who demands total control and obedience.

Only the dinosaurs in Pheua Thai or rather the Shinawats, desperate to hold on to power can't see that.

• Like 2

Somkiat discovered that Thaksin was buying the loyalty of some 90 senators with monthly payments of between Bt50,000 and Bt100,000 each.

How is this the best unwritten secret in thailand?

Is any of the media actually going to investigate this?

According to the OP, that was back in 2001, bit late to investigate properly this much later, but perhaps indicative of DL's style.

"As a senator in 2001, Somkiat discovered that Thaksin was buying the loyalty of some 90 senators with monthly payments of between Bt50,000 and Bt100,000 each."

Just one more story, to add to the list of difficult/impossible-to-prove tales, another example being the PTP-MPs-resignation-letter one ?

Somkiat discovered that Thaksin was buying the loyalty of some 90 senators with monthly payments of between Bt50,000 and Bt100,000 each.

I don't believe that it's been a secret......it's probably that people have never actually bothered to look further that the obvious.

The man has bought people in many walks of political life here for years and continues to keep doing it.....everyone here has their price!

And government used force only in the clash at Thai-Japanese stadium anyway, or you believe Suthep's words and every shooting. bombing and hand-clapping was because government ordered it?

In any case, cannot sure tell this is a non-violent movement. They have their violent arm that showed in different occasions. And if you are not biased you will reckon that.

I do reckon that. And I am convinced the grenade throwers were instructed by one or more members of the shinaclan. As was the execution of Suthin Tharatin. It will be hard to believe that random grenade throwers acted independently using the same type of grenades.

The moral high ground is plainly with the anti government protestors as more and more organisations from business leaders, universities, doctors, civil servants join the demands for reform along with many grass roots organisations and NGOs

Only the dinosaurs in Pheua Thai or rather the Shinawats, desperate to hold on to power can't see that.

laugh.png Nope there is no moral high ground. Phua Thai isnt even being mentioned or of interest right now it is the disgusting and increasing fascist manner the Anti democracy protesters ( that is what they are now being labelled ) have been and are acting.

I think youll find their international peers find the behaviour appalling, disrespectful, unworthy of position and generally a joke. Not only the international community but also a large proportion of Thais wai2.gif

They are all laughing stocks especially the medical goofballs spewing sexist rubbish and hate its all on film lol

You are watching too much bluesky and not enough of a wide opinion and news, it might be a good idea to pop down and have a word with the PR division there because they have a lot of work to do to salvage this debarcle thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I do reckon that. And I am convinced the grenade throwers were instructed by one or more members of the shinaclan. As was the execution of Suthin Tharatin. It will be hard to believe that random grenade throwers acted independently using the same type of grenades.

Ok well, it's your idea, of course. But without evidences, I would avoid to make accusations, as seen as the tones are too much tense already and the 2 dogs are just waiting to be unleashed to devour each other...

• Like 1

While at iTV he learned that Thaksin Shinawatra had instructed the station to back his party's candidate, Sudarat Keyuraphan, in the race for Bangkok mayor. "He wanted to dominate all media, not just iTV," said Somkiat. Thaksin had earlier obtained Thailand's first cable TV licence thanks to his connections with Chalerm Yoobamrung, then chief of the Prime Minister's Office. As a senator in 2001, Somkiat discovered that Thaksin was buying the loyalty of some 90 senators with monthly payments of between Bt50,000 and Bt100,000 each. He also changed the law to allow greater foreign ownership in the telecom industry, which subsequently earned him a fortune in a deal with Singapore's Temasek, Somkiat noted. "Thaksin is confident that he can run politics with money, and he continues to do so."

Democracy Shin style, people are tired of this slime sucking the life blood out of this country. Thaksins looting and plundering of the treasury has to stop. Just because he is capable of buying the people that can fire up the reds and lead them to arson, bombing, murder and intimidation doesn't mean the rest of the country has to like, or accept it.

The man has bought people in many walks of political life here for years and continues to keep doing it.....everyone here has their price!

It would appear that is relevant to some recent new posters on TV as well.

Thaksin is not the current PM, what he is talking about Thai political history, that Thaksin may one day answer for the acts he is "solely" responsible for while in office. What is being said here is the PTP is guilty by association, and Yingluck is guilty by family ties.

Guilt or innocence is not assumed but has to be proven beyond a shadow of the doubt, the PM Yingluck, should be charged with only the acts she is responsible for not by the gossip in the elites political circle!

Cheers

laugh.png Nope there is no moral high ground. Phua Thai isnt even being mentioned or of interest right now it is the disgusting and increasing fascist manner the Anti democracy protesters ( that is what they are now being labelled ) have been and are acting.

I think youll find their international peers find the behaviour appalling, disrespectful, unworthy of position and generally a joke. Not only the international community but also a large proportion of Thais wai2.gif

They are all laughing stocks especially the medical goofballs spewing sexist rubbish and hate its all on film lol

You are watching too much bluesky and not enough of a wide opinion and news, it might be a good idea to pop down and have a word with the PR division there because they have a lot of work to do to salvage this debarcle thumbsup.gif

The medical goofball was one doctor in Songkhla- I'm referring to the large support from the medical profession, doctors , deans and nurses.

I don't watch Bluesky, I've never liked Theptai or the wallpaper, Sirichoke, though the former can be amusing.

We wll have to agree to disagree, some of Suthep's tactics may have been distasteful, but the momentum is with the reformists, not the Pheua Thai and Shinawat dictators.

"He raised concerns about abusive speeches made by others on PDRC stages and stressed that non-aggression applied to words as well as physical action."

I have to disagree. We should encourage "Freedom of speech".

Not when its abusive, sexist, racist and personal accusations without any evidence thats also called slander and all are offences and the best bit is most of it has been televised and recorded or in print :)

i hope they all get what they deserve.

Methinks Somkiat is showing his bias?

If what he claims is true, why has he only named 1 party (Thaksin) in the 2-party transaction?

Even if Somkiat has proof of the payments, will he name the 90 senators?

I don't think so, because these senators will be powerful people, possibly part of the Elite.

If there is proof, bring charges on all 91 people and throw them in jail.

The medical goofball was one doctor in Songkhla- I'm referring to the large support from the medical profession, doctors , deans and nurses.

I don't watch Bluesky, I've never liked Theptai or the wallpaper, Sirichoke, though the former can be amusing.

We wll have to agree to disagree, some of Suthep's tactics may have been distasteful, but the momentum is with the reformists, not the Pheua Thai and Shinawat dictators.

we shall agree to disagree wai2.gif I dislike the gov and shins and the way they have acted but there is no excuse for acting no better even be it in other terms.... my only concern is the attempted hijacking of democracy and do not believe the movements leaders have any intention of reform but that smy opinion and everyone is entitled to thiers and why the elections when set must be respected without hindrance imo

• Like 2

NY Times certainly called them out a few times.

Exposed the thuggery and insults from their side as well. Meanwhile, splits seem to go higher and higher up.

Wont see it on bluesky, but v interesting article in what is in effect Obamas mouthpiece.

No sympathy whatsoever from anybody with half a brain. People voting and fighting for their rights are seen in a much better light eveh after a shooting or two.

Fascism took a 10 year war to get rid of in Europe, and many in the west will not lie down this time and let it take hold in Asia!!!! They started just like this. They got to be got rid of. Nicely if possible!!! For now, they don't have the nuimber or the power to do anything and are losing support by the minute.

B

Dream on anybody that thinks they can bleat, Coup, Red Shirts 2010... Nobody is slightly interested if your propaganda.