Noppadon's letter to UN sec gen

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Ban Ki-moon must feel that his intelligence has been insulted, if he even got to read this letter personally.

Anyway, I thought Noppadon was in prison for the 3 million baht in a shoe box attempted bribe. Or was that another of Thaksins personal lawyers! "Regrettable", I think was Thaksin's statement.

I'm sure that Ban Ki-moon is well aware of the situation, which is why he won't publicly support the Thai government, even in an apparently un-democratic situation such as this.

Maybe I'm wrong, let's wait and see :)

Nobody credible outside Thailand is supporting the pdrc actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Nor is anyone credible supporting Yingluck. Just like they're not supporting the current govt in the Ukraine.

Change is needed and not through the ballot box. Hard to understand, for some people.

My students had a debate during our current unit on conflict resolution, entitled "not all conflict is bad"

They finally agreed that it is true, at every level, in certain situations, especially when a bad, greedy government is stealing from the people for themselves. Some mentioned Thailand as an example. Others talked about Syria and The Ukraine.

They figured it out for themselves, grade 5 students.

So, this begs the question, who's as smart as a grade 5 student?

These letters are just done to mug the rest of the world off. Let's face it the country needs it's hand held when it comes to democracy as soon as they accept the help needed like many of the other fcuked things here the better.

What makes it worse is the real reason all this is happening cannot be discussed on here.

• Like 1

So, anything not true in this letter?

Yes.

"Some of the PDRC protesters have used violence such as trespassing, seizing and locking up government buildings; intimidating civil servants and preventing them from working; blocking public road and threatening the media to report the news as demanded."

Characterizing these acts as violent. Violence is what the unidentified redshirts have done, namely shooting and throwing hand grenades at peaceful protesters.

That's the best you can up with?

Well what are you looking for? Perhaps a scheme where the gov't pays the manufacturer double then the gov't attempts to sell the same product at half what it paid the manufacturer but hey the bottom line - there is close to zero income from these products at all because they are not marketable and will soon be outside of shelf life. And then the gov't tries numerous times to explain but every explainer has a different story and different numbers.

Nor is anyone credible supporting Yingluck. Just like they're not supporting the current govt in the Ukraine.

Change is needed and not through the ballot box. Hard to understand, for some people.

My students had a debate during our current unit on conflict resolution, entitled "not all conflict is bad"

They finally agreed that it is true, at every level, in certain situations, especially when a bad, greedy government is stealing from the people for themselves. Some mentioned Thailand as an example. Others talked about Syria and The Ukraine.

"Change is needed and not through the ballot box."

And you a teacher can write this? Unbelievable! You should be struck off the register for spreading your vile anti-democratic opinions to young minds.

So now the kids will be thinking, 'we don't need to vote, voting is a waste of time. Thaksin and Yingluck are bad bad bad. Teacher says so, Mr Suthep says so, so it must be true. Coming up, coup number 19: that's fine - the wise Generals and the armata know what is good for us.'

• Like 2

Funny that he doesn't mention while introducing himself that he is currently on bail having been sentenced to a year in jail for repeatedly libeling his political opponents. Not that that would affect his credibility, much.

• Like 1

And you a teacher can write this? Unbelievable! You should be struck off the register for spreading your vile anti-democratic opinions to young minds.

So now the kids will be thinking, 'we don't need to vote, voting is a waste of time. Thaksin and Yingluck are bad bad bad. Teacher says so, Mr Suthep says so, so it must be true. Coming up, coup number 19: that's fine - the wise Generals and the armata know what is good for us.'

Would it surprise you if there were people with both the wisdom and the desire to improve their country other than those who seek election?

Would it not be better to seek reform from people with a history of service and competence rather than others facing serious criminal charges with a history of inciting violence and sycophancy to a convicted criminal? Or having been appointed to high office with nothing other than their family name to recommend them?

• Like 1

Would it surprise you if there were people with both the wisdom and the desire to improve their country other than those who seek election?

Would it not be better to seek reform from people with a history of service and competence rather than others facing serious criminal charges with a history of inciting violence and sycophancy to a convicted criminal? Or having been appointed to high office with nothing other than their family name to recommend them?

For a country that has had that many coups and that many army generals as prime minister's, where the most successful civilian pm was appointed, I would say, where are they going to find such people?

If it's fair game to scream that farangs don't understand thainess, it may be that thais don't understand democracy.

If they want democratic reform, can I suggest they sun contract the running of the country to a Scandinavian or European country?

As I said, they figured it out for themselves :)

I don't teach, I facilitate learning.

But then, not digesting what's right in front of you and jumping to wild conclusions is what you guys are all about.

Edited by looping

As I said, they figured it out for themselves :)

I don't teach, I facilitate learning.

But then, not digesting what's right in front of you and jumping to wild conclusions is what you guys are all about.

So then in answer to my final question, possibly not you.

• Like 1

Mr Ban Ki-moon must feel that his intelligence has been insulted, if he even got to read this letter personally.

Anyway, I thought Noppadon was in prison for the 3 million baht in a shoe box attempted bribe. Or was that another of Thaksins personal lawyers! "Regrettable", I think was Thaksin's statement.

I'm sure that Ban Ki-moon is well aware of the situation, which is why he won't publicly support the Thai government, even in an apparently un-democratic situation such as this.

Maybe I'm wrong, let's wait and see smile.png

"I thought Npooadon was in prison"

That was another lawyer, who served his six months, and was released some time ago IIRC.

And I believe it was a cake-box, rather than a shoe-box, full of moolah ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

So trying to block people from voting is what some of you are trying to defend?

Let us get this right.

If your party thinks it will lose an election, all you have to do is simply drop out of the game and thus make the election illegitimate?

How would that work in other nations?

I am sure the Democrats in America would love it if the Republicans did not vote.

The Republicans for sure would be happy if the democrats did not vote.

This same would be true all over the world.

But no one would be stupid enough to think that by not voting that you could block another party from winning.

Of course here in the Land of smiles (coups), the Yellows will be followed by the puppet court which will perhaps try to throw out the ruling party for cooking on TV.

No matter---this entire game relies upon the international community ignoring these coups either done with the army or with the court.

The moment the international community strongly objects with the threat of significant trade sanctions, the rich in Thailand who run the nations will fold to international pressure and allow the Reds to run the nation. That is coming sooner or later.

• Like 1

What if President Obama likes the Thai PM.

Looks like he did.

Would he get together with the British PM and the French President and have a talk with some of the top Thai generals?

The rich Thai Generals are not stupid. They certainly do not want to have international pressure turned against them and Thailand over a thing like democratic rule. I mean after all, they all still have most of the money so why bother.

Not sure this student would agree with you:

'Dear Suthep

My name is Netiwit Chotepatpaisarn. I am a Grade 11 student who is interested in political news. I am truly worried about the situation since it is violent and there have been some deaths. As you are part of this crisis, I would like to show you my concern, and also ask you some questions. I am sincerely concerned about our country.

1. I am curious about the objective of your protest. What do you want? I am so curious that I cannot hide it anymore. You protested against the Amnesty Bill. And I agreed that the government was not right about this. But the government already scrapped the bill, so why is the protest still going on, and even getting more violent? You said that it would stop this day, that day, since before New Year. Why you are still there now?

2. As I asked you “What do you want?” You say you want to reform Thailand to become a “perfect democracy”. However, I am curious if your methods, and your protesters, will really lead Thailand to reform. You proposed that Thailand elect provincial governors, but your council said the governors should be 75% designated, and 25% elected. You also proposed that soldiers come out to enact a coup d’état. You also said that you are against the upcoming election. You know this violates people’s rights. They are people, and you are one of them. We must respect each other’s rights, mustn’t we? I am not sure if what you are doing is really called democracy, or that it will lead to a “perfect democracy”.'

(continues here: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=3111)

That was another lawyer, who served his six months, and was released some time ago IIRC.

And I believe it was a cake-box, rather than a shoe-box, full of moolah ? rolleyes.gif

Shame it was the messenger who took the wrap...

'Dear Suthep

My name is Netiwit Chotepatpaisarn. I am a Grade 11 student who is interested in political news. I am truly worried about the situation since it is violent and there have been some deaths. As you are part of this crisis, I would like to show you my concern, and also ask you some questions. I am sincerely concerned about our country.

1. I am curious about the objective of your protest. What do you want? I am so curious that I cannot hide it anymore. You protested against the Amnesty Bill. And I agreed that the government was not right about this. But the government already scrapped the bill, so why is the protest still going on, and even getting more violent? You said that it would stop this day, that day, since before New Year. Why you are still there now?

2. As I asked you “What do you want?” You say you want to reform Thailand to become a “perfect democracy”. However, I am curious if your methods, and your protesters, will really lead Thailand to reform. You proposed that Thailand elect provincial governors, but your council said the governors should be 75% designated, and 25% elected. You also proposed that soldiers come out to enact a coup d’état. You also said that you are against the upcoming election. You know this violates people’s rights. They are people, and you are one of them. We must respect each other’s rights, mustn’t we? I am not sure if what you are doing is really called democracy, or that it will lead to a “perfect democracy”.'

First things first, it's ok to disagree.

It's a well written letter for a student and I'm glad that she has decided not to hide her curiosity anymore; a big step in the right direction.

Her next step may be to research some different perspectives, maybe draw on different conflicts to find some connections, as well as looking into why the Thaksin clan have divided the nation. The facts.

This would certainly provide a broader viewpoint, and she may be able to answer some of her own questions.

Thanks for sharing :)

What if President Obama likes the Thai PM.

Looks like he did.

Would he get together with the British PM and the French President and have a talk with some of the top Thai generals?

The rich Thai Generals are not stupid. They certainly do not want to have international pressure turned against them and Thailand over a thing like democratic rule. I mean after all, they all still have most of the money so why bother.

1) "looks like he did"? He's a statesman and Thailand is an ally, how would you expect him to act? With the accusations of corruption against YL it is not very plausible that he would align himself with her personally.

2) PM's and Obama get together to pressure a foreign country that they are aligned to? again "no"

3) If you think the generals are the rich ones in Thailand with "most of the money" you really need to do some research.

• Like 1

'Dear Suthep

It's a well written letter for a student and I'm glad that she has decided not to hide her curiosity anymore; a big step in the right direction.

Her next step may be to research some different perspectives, maybe draw on different conflicts to find some connections, as well as looking into why the Thaksin clan have divided the nation. The facts.

This would certainly provide a broader viewpoint, and she may be able to answer some of her own questions.

Thanks for sharing smile.png

Interesting to read that the student thinks the government 'scrapped' the blanket amnesty bill. Unfortunately such 'mistakes' makes the whole letter somewhat suspect.

3 of Thaksin's lawyers, but not Noppadon. They served 6 months for "bakerygate" --- 2Million baht delivered to the court.

'Dear Suthep

Dear Netiwit,

is that pronounced Nitwit? You think the government has scrapped the amnesty bill because they say so. Do you normally accept the word of corrupt people many of whom are on bail for serious crimes, and especially of a person who has used her position to avoid a perjury charge? In fact, if they are returned to power, that bill could very easily become law.

Why is the protest becoming even more violent? Perhaps that question would be better posed to government supporters who see their gravy train being derailed and are resorting to killing and maiming their opponents.

Your naive 11yo's view of democracy consisting solely of election is held by many government supporters. I can only suggest that when you grow a little, and hopefully become wiser, that the complexities of democracy will become clearer. You may even see them in practise when we succeed.

BTW if as I suspect, you live in a red village, showing this reply to your friends could have serious and unpleasant consequences. Be careful with even discussing such novel ideas.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 2

'Dear Suthep

Dear Netiwit,

is that pronounced Nitwit? You think the government has scrapped the amnesty bill because they say so. Do you normally accept the word of corrupt people many of whom are on bail for serious crimes, and especially of a person who has used her position to avoid a perjury charge? In fact, if they are returned to power, that bill could very easily become law.

Why is the protest becoming even more violent? Perhaps that question would be better posed to government supporters who see their gravy train being derailed and are resorting to killing and maiming their opponents.

Your naive 11yo's view of democracy consisting solely of election is held by many government supporters. I can only suggest that when you grow a little, and hopefully become wiser, that the complexities of democracy will become clearer. You may even see them in practise when we succeed.

BTW if as I suspect, you live in a red village, showing this reply to your friends could have serious and unpleasant consequences. Be careful with even discussing such novel ideas.

He's actually a grade 11 student not an 11 year old......... although I admit it's an easy mistake to make. smile.png

Thanks for sharing smile.png

Interesting to read that the student thinks the government 'scrapped' the blanket amnesty bill. Unfortunately such 'mistakes' makes the whole letter somewhat suspect.

They did scrap it, in that, following the senate's rejection of the bill, they decided not to return it to the house.

Therefore, I would like to inform you of such violations of laws and human rights and let you know that the PDRC actions destroy democratic process and appeal to you to support free and fair election in Thailand so that process of democratization in Thailand continues and 50 million Thais can determine the course of their future to ensure that Thailand remains a strong member of the UN and global community

Firstly it is well known and accepted by most ( in my opinion ) that Thailand doesn't really have democracy. Can't destroy something you don't have. And as for free and fair elections, they can never happen when the Shin clan and cronies including at least 200 previously banned for electoral fraud are involved. And since when is having a convicted fugitive in charge ruling by proxy from another country part of democracy ? And as for human rights, since when was shooting and throwing hand grenades at peaceful protestors ( as they have been at the times of many attacks ) anything to do with human rights ? As for Taksin's record on that count let's not even open that can of worms...

• Like 1

'Dear Suthep

Thanks for sharing :)

Your never read the article did you....??? " she" is a " he "

Really, does anyone think the UN cares about Thailand? Seriously?

A few days ago I made a mistake on TV and hit world news instead of Thailand news. It put things in perspective for me. The lead article was about Justin Beiber.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand