Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

Posts bickering over copyright issues have been removed. A lot of these photos that have been posted come from people's mobile devices, they own the photos, they posted them. On the other hand if there is a watermark on the photo from Reuters, AFP, AP, etc, they are clearly copyrighted and should not be reposted here. Rather than bicker on these matters, use the report button to report objectionable content and let a moderator sort it out.

• Like 1

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing that this topic has turned into a pro-reds/anti Suthep versus anti-reds/anti-Thaksin fiasco I have one question to ask the pro-reds/anti-Suthep's.

Many of us are on neither side, but we support the right to vote.

For me, this sums it up. There's nothing more than this.

Indeed. The footage of the anti-democracy protestors forcibly preventing people from voting is truly shocking and shameful. I find it difficult to believe that anyone can support such action.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 2

Certainly, with total gun control, criminals expect no one can shoot back.

No so in the US where anyone can own a gun and where citizens draw guns to protect themselves and the property of others.

100% redneck crap ! go haunt a gun-totin' site will ya john-boy ?

Suthep was a Dem, but the Dems and PAD (the yellows) are not one and the same.

You are splitting hairs. The yellows are backing Suthep.

Gee Uly, what part of "you don't have to be Democrat / PAD / yellow to not like a criminal psychopath regime" don't you get ?

Try to keep up will ya !

Suthep was a Dem, but the Dems and PAD (the yellows) are not one and the same.

You are splitting hairs. The yellows are backing Suthep.

Gee Uly, what part of "you don't have to be Democrat / PAD / yellow to not like a criminal psychopath regime" don't you get ?

Try to keep up will ya !

Grapes tasting a little sour today are they ? cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Suthep just announced that his movement has grown so massively from the 6,000,000 he had in December that he now needs to close and dismantle 2 stages. Cheang Wattan and Lad Prao going....

This mob is toast. BBC were interviewing PDRC today at Lak Si and Din Daeng and they told him they could not discuss what they were doing as their orders came direct from Suthep.

We knew they were brainless sheep, now they admit it in an interview.

• Like 2

Someone videod the PDRC weapon delivery truck being unloaded. It's a short video, I've translated the comments.

Man: "crawl follow me"
Known PDRC man in helmet runs to camera saying "no photo no photo"
Man: "Put stuff away the army is coming"
Man: "Hey not the long gun, put it back in the car"

You can recognize the man with the helmet and camoflage jacket man from the PDRC match up picture:

1391278140-mob-o.jpg

Also the car has been located (and you can see its with PDRC)

1391340604-1655762819-o.jpg

Notice the man in black ski-mask with the military weapons in the green paper bag is there too.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

Someone videod the PDRC weapon delivery truck being unloaded. It's a short video, I've translated the comments.

You can recognize the man with the helmet and camoflage jacket man from the PDRC match up picture:

1391278140-mob-o.jpg

Nice vid BNC thanks it all helps to pile on the pressure this lot are simply terrorists not defenders of the faithful. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

We have mr Bomberman too, also with PDRC side.

He was visible on TNN24's news video feed. I'll try to find the original footage TNN got the video from, it appears to be an amateur quality video.

Here he is throwing (I've grabbed 3 frames)

post-199953-0-89290700-1391346499_thumb.

post-199953-0-56632400-1391346593_thumb.

post-199953-0-14649700-1391346603_thumb.

Here is his face shortly after throwing the bomb:

post-199953-0-17029900-1391346427_thumb.

Here he is with the green bag man, so you're clear he is a PDRC man

post-199953-0-78082200-1391346618_thumb.

And here his is following bag man, a shot of his face again

post-199953-0-37633200-1391346652_thumb.

• Like 2

1391278140-mob-o.jpg

Also the car has been located (and you can see its with PDRC)

1391340604-1655762819-o.jpg

Notice the man in black ski-mask with the military weapons in the green paper bag is there too.

Not too sure who is who there but I'll take your word it's pdrc or whatever, but so?

Yes both sides are armed. Both have people prepared to fire on others. Yesterday both sides fired on each other. Last week a man was murdered. Cowards have been opening fire on the protests sites in drive by style attacks. Both sides have assaulted and beaten those they see as being against them.

Let's hope none are given an amnesty and all those cowardly scum who have been terrorising people on both sides are brought to justice.

Edited by Bluespunk

Guys, both sides were armed and firing at each other. The specifics don't really matter so much..

the difference is one side is trying subjugate democracy.

Yep.. Phua Thai biggrin.png

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Didn't Suthep say his side have no weapon?

in a normal country this would be enough to nail people on dozens of charges ... i bet half have been named already smile.png

Pantip are looking for names and twitter has a lot of pics of these guys with their masks off so they are easily identiable.

To many to post here, but they really are outed and I bet they were told behind the scenes to get out of Cheang Wattana and lat Prao or be shot. they have moved quickly from there.

Time will tell, but lets hope the drive against the fascists picks up. In a normal country you could not find a few thousand people to sit down and have a picnic with the organisers of this.

But, thailand seems to have a middle class that is positively awash with shallow none thinking people. And they want to give up their votes to nobody need vote again, in order that Suthep can lead them.... Into what? Civil war you would think... but as often here, nobody is looking beyond the next meal or party.

Shame, but at least today we see that these none thinkers are really the minority. Nice to see all the pics on pantip and twitter. These guys may already have been named, but i can't read it.

• Like 1

In the shot of the gun van, I've circled the PDRC campaign truck, so you're clear these gunmen are with PDRC.

attachicon.gifpdrc-campaign-truck-and-gun-van.jpg

But you can also see the flag and the previously identified gun man with green paper bag

Have we seen the white van at any stages recently? Easy to spot, but don't have plates by the look of it. I'll be keeping an eye out as I go there most days to meet clients.

fingers crossed, lets hope they off the streets soon

Suthep just announced that his movement has grown so massively from the 6,000,000 he had in December that he now needs to close and dismantle 2 stages. Cheang Wattan and Lad Prao going....

This mob is toast. BBC were interviewing PDRC today at Lak Si and Din Daeng and they told him they could not discuss what they were doing as their orders came direct from Suthep.

We knew they were brainless sheep, now they admit it in an interview.

It's so big that the 6 million don't fit at Chaeng Watthana and Lad Prao anymore. That's why they are dismantling them.

Pretty soon he will be nothing more than a street bum walking up and down the streets of the city, still holding his bag begging for money.

cheesy.gif

PM me if you want to know what the Chinese are doing and know about these developments in Thailand, because I can say to you the CCP and the PRChinese are, shall we say very, um, interested.

Sorry if you are apparently confused, but I was referring to your definitive postulation that could only come from someone reviewing personnel records of these unidentified individuals.

In the matter of paramilitary irregular forces, it's clear your powers of observation and to make obvious connections needs some considerable beefing up.

What needs beefing up is your ability to not make such definitive declartions in the complete absence of definitive evidence.

Feel free to speculate all you want, but when you attempt to be so definitive, albeit less so now with your backtracking to "paramilitary irregulars", when no such definitive evidence is available, especially to someone so far away and without access to official records, is just silly.

I am not far away but you are indeed far out. You have no clue.

• Like 1

Trouble maker red shirt ko tee up to his usual stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

where in this report does it say a red was shooting at yellow , o r for that matter where does it say a yellow was shooting at reds , Cmon stop making assumptions.

If you overlay that Tavor assault rifle 3D rotated into position. It does look explain his hand and the bulge at the top where the sight would be. Even the crease in the bag.

post-199953-0-45987100-1391354874_thumb.

I see Thailand's army has 58000 of them.

We do need to catch that gunman and find where he got this rifle from, and more importantly where his orders came from.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Some footage from the pro-election side yesterday

They are at the IT Mall shopping mall running from the bullets.

well, that's conclusive evidence... of what? actually from the sound of the shots it would seem that several are coming from inside the area (hence the echo).

well, that's conclusive evidence... of what? actually from the sound of the shots it would seem that several are coming from inside the area (hence the echo).

I've found some footage of the gunmen shooting into IT Square that's causing all this panic. 15 minutes or so.

If you overlay that Tavor assault rifle 3D rotated into position. It does look explain his hand and the bulge at the top where the sight would be. Even the crease in the bag.

attachicon.gifoverlaid-gun.jpg

I see Thailand's army has 58000 of them.

We do need to catch that gunman and find where he got this rifle from, and more importantly where his orders came from.

Are you asking us to believe that the red shirts don't have soldiers or ex-soldiers supporting them? What happened to "watermelon soldiers", or all the statements pointing out that a lot of soldiers come from the North East? What of the late Seh-Daeng's "Ronin warriors"?

• Like 1

I've found some footage of the gunmen shooting into IT Square that's causing all this panic. 15 minutes or so.

and do any of these videos DEFINITIVELY prove who fired first? because i think that is the most pertinent question that no one has been able to answer as of yet. no one (ok, no one with any sense) is denying that the PDRC were firing, but who were they firing at and why? you can post all the videos you want, but until that question is answered we are all just pissing in the wind

• Like 2

Not really as it categorically clear now Suthep and the PRDC are prepared to use force and the movement is not at all peaceful, you cant go around pretending to be a hippie and at the same time shoot at or beat people up .... its called being full of it.

Games up, the mask has slipped and all the rhetoric that goes with the PRDC has lost all credibility.... goodbye Mr bluesky

Heres a better version

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

These are PRDC affiliated terrorists end of story ..... kinda sad to see but not at all surprising, most of us already knew the halo wasnt real in the first place.

no, it is not the end of the story, it is only the beginning. the protesters have been under attack almost daily for months and until yesterday have not retaliated (except maybe for the incident at Ramkampang), is it really any surprise that they finally started to defend themselves considering that the police and the army have done virtually nothing to protect them, or to investigate the countless attacks over the past few months?!?! seriously, i do not condone the use of violence in any circumstance such as this, but you red shirt apologists are just getting on my F@#$king nerves spouting all this bullshite the last few days. ok, we get it, but EVERYONE is at fault in the current situation, and NO ONE is without blame. you think that "we are right and they are wrong" is any way to move on from the current situation? get off your high horse and recognize that this is nowhere near as simple as you make it sound. and further, recognize that it doesn't matter one whit what you think, because you are only an observer and have no actual say in any of this, regardless of your opinion. i am so sick of this <deleted> it is a wonder i bother to reply to you at all.