Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

What's the basis for your medical unit claim? I see none.

MCOT news report, post #35, in this thread:

Six were initially reported wounded - four men and two woman. One reporter who was wounded was identified as Jirawat Sukhanon, from Daily News newspaper. He was slightly hurt on his nose and mouth and was later sent to Vibhavadi Hospital.

Another man was sent for treatment at a nearby Army Field Medical tent.

If you look closely at the YouTube video of the shooting early in this thread, it shows a wounded guy being taken to an Army post of some kind, and there's a big white banner outside that, although the camera doesn't quite clearly show it, appears to have medical ensignia. Also, I don't see any of the Army guys at that station carrying weapons.

Here's a clip from the YouTube video where the wounded guy was taken with the Army guys standing around. It clearly appears to show a medical ensignia on the white banner out front.

attachicon.gifPS0211.jpg

How does that make the guy in the car a medic? Maybe I misunderstood your post, but you seem to be saying guy-in-car was a medic-army not gun-army, not that he was taken to a medic facility.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver car has had plate identified is reportedly registered to the army and drove through the crowd and threw either some crackers or small explosives into the crowd, supposedly the crowd that was anti protesters... later as the silver car drives off can hear an explosion and people look up to the flyover, then another explosion under the flyover clearly that one cant come from above...

Getting more and more chaotic no one can tell whos doing what to who...

So its been rumoured, the car is registered to the army somehow and drove towards the red shirts, threw some IED's and tried to drive away.

Deliberate provocation of the red shirts and then we see PDRC men with rifles inside bags shooting at red shirts.

Terrible and disgusting.

All in my opinion of course.

Please proof that there is a riffles in the bags shot by PDRC toward the Red shirts.

Yes I see a bag. I don't see a riffles.

Er...... the flash.

The rifle is in the bag, that's why you can only see the bag......................

Run it again, it's very clear.

Edited by philw

These people have been exposed by the media....the myth of the peaceful protesters is confirmed

The vast majority of the protests and protesters up until now have been peaceful.

Unfortunately, once protesters keep getting explosives thrown at them as apparently occurred yet again today in Laksi according to the news reports in this thread, some elements begin to respond tit-for-tat.

Perhaps what you ought to be instead asking is, who keeps throwing explosives at protesters who are doing so non-violently.

And why isn't it much of a coincidence that today's violence broke out nearby a gathering led by one of the Red Shirt hot-head leaders.

MCOT News report, Post #35 in this thread:

Bombs were reportedly hurled into PDRC protesters and gunshots were heard periodically.

The PDRC was at Lak Si district office to prevent officials from preparing for the general election tomorrow.

Wuthipong "Ko Tee" Kotchathamakhun, a red-shirt leader in Pathum Thani had reportedly led UDD supporters to Wat Lak Si, a few kilometers from the Lak Si district office.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Silver car has had plate identified is reportedly registered to the army and drove through the crowd and threw either some crackers or small explosives into the crowd, supposedly the crowd that was anti protesters... later as the silver car drives off can hear an explosion and people look up to the flyover, then another explosion under the flyover clearly that one cant come from above...

So its been rumoured, the car is registered to the army somehow and drove towards the red shirts, threw some IED's and tried to drive away.

Deliberate provocation of the red shirts and then we see PDRC men with rifles inside bags shooting at red shirts.

Terrible and disgusting.

Please proof that there is a riffles in the bags shot by PDRC toward the Red shirts.

Go back to an earlier post, I think on page 2, and you can see the video of the guy shooting the gun and the flash coming out.

Ohhh no time for a mask, just so many things to do when you going out hijacking ballot papers. never enough time to cover up.

Have to make the front page of the papers with no mask and my PDRC membership card hanging round me neck.

Lets also pause for thought her as well This is the Student arm, who many of us for month have been saying are not students. They are the military wing, staffed, supported and protected by the army

Last pic from me. Anybody want to see hundred and hundreds of pieces of incrminating evidence and unbiased reports will have to fine them for themselve. It is not difficult

BfZI19mCUAAbzsy.jpg

Terrible and disgusting.

Are you serious? There is a VIDEO in this post that shows a PDRC guard shooting a rifle from a bag. It's even on CNN and BBC.

Take off your yellow glasses for a second:

Both sides are armed. I'm not surprised as no one wants to be a sitting duck or feel vulnerable.

The more important point is who instigated the violence.

CNN is reporting the gunfire came from anti-government protestors.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BBC reports the same. We'll see how brave they are tomorrow when 40 million Thai citizens come out to vote. Democracy always wins in the end.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif u are joking cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I disagree. The Travor doesn't make such a big flash. The sound from a Travor higher pitch than the low solid boom from the video. I think its a shot gun.

a single barrel shotgun with the barrel end lathed to resemble a tavor. Calibre? all my shot guns are massively wider bore than this.

Length too short for shotgun or you telling us it is sown off? and at which ends/

And what is his left hand grasping inside the bag? His sandwiches. Look again. Its a tavor in a bag and his left hand is gripping the bottom of the clip.

Diameter wouldn't let many pellets out. smile.png Give it up why don't you

Am so happy, this is the first time I have gotten involved in one of these gun argument. Must have been a darn bad gun point you made for me to be chipping in. I really know nothing at all about guns and even I can take your argument totally to bits.

Nice to see your so happy with yourself there Matey.

take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash

most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them

They are fighting for reform .. nobody other than pro-government support have said no election .. Suthep said reform then elections in 12-18 months.

I could ask. Why is Yingluck clinging to the PM's seat when she could step down for the good of the country?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why was there NO reform when Suthep was deputyPM?? He just learned a new word that he repeats so he won't forget it.

• Like 1

RT@RichardBarrow: VIDEO: Gunfire & explosions in #Bangkok on the eve of national elections - RT @go6tv: คลิปปะทะ แยกหลักสี่ youtube.com/watch?v=_wVmQA… #Thailand

Any idea WHY they were beating the car?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From what I understand on Pantip (and I hope its true), the mob are my heroes. A group trying to move protestors away from the Laksi polling station. They say the car ran them down, and they were attacking it in revenge. The sticks they had came from the flags they were carrying in the march.

These people aren't forcing you to vote for their party, they're forcing open the polling station so you can vote for any of the candidates and any of the parties on the party list, including any of the opposition parties.

They're freedom fighters. Defenders of the constitutional right to vote.

No.............theyre thugs, thieves, liars and murderers trying to bring in a wanted criminal liar. thief and murderer to pillage Thailand 6 years on from his last criminal spree - thats the TRUTH TODAY!!!

• Like 1

Where is the Police and the Army?

Usually the perpetuators are from the police and/or army.

Well from the twitter pic, he does seem to be the Suthep guard.

1452298_761148350580700_1971162029_n.jpg

From the video I translated, she is saying, he is both the bomber and the shooter:

An end result, I don't see any Suthep regalia, I think he's a pro-democracy protestor

1609980_761041627258039_356548935_n.jpg

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

What Thailand needs to resolve this conflict is a REFERENDUM, which is not blocked by anyone and internationally observed.

Let people decide if they want reforms or not. If they want reforms, make it happen with BOTH sides participating, then hold elections afterwards.

If the people do not want reforms, hold elections and get this over with.

It's the only way out. Anything else will lead to a civil war.

Totally agree there Shannon,why on earth didn't they print a "reform yes/no" box on the ballot papers,maybe would have been accepted by both sides.A referendum would have quelled the violence and saved a pile of money and heartache.All too late now I guess but with all the comittees and think tanks this avenue wasn't explored.

These people have been exposed by the media....the myth of the peaceful protesters is confirmed

PLEASE show us some evidwnce just once in your life - I can prove theyre not by the police standing next to your thug gods with gods

Terrible and disgusting.

Are you serious? There is a VIDEO in this post that shows a PDRC guard shooting a rifle from a bag. It's even on CNN and BBC.

Take off your yellow glasses for a second:

That is clearly a red shirt who has hidden in the protestors ranks and is trying to make them look as though they hae weapons - Shatatwatra doesnt care if there is colateral damage - he didnt in 2010 he doesnt NOW!! As long as 'square head' can pilage the country further he doesnt care about peple who are red shirts!!

Edited by love1012

Maybe Richard Barrow will finally quit telling people on social media that Bangkok is perfectly safe as long as you avoid protest areas. During the red shirt protests, I told people that I was safe and explained why I wasn't concerned about what looked like full blown anarchy on international media, but I certainly wasn't willing to take responsibility for telling people it's safe to come to Bangkok. If you're an expat or know Thailand very well, you know where to look for information and know how to avoid trouble. Even then, there's no guarantees, but at least you have the tools to keep yourself safe. But, obviously, if you're asking Richard Barrow on Twitter if it's safe, it's probably not safe for you. And how does one avoid Asok and Sukhumvit when the protesters go there?

Tweet from just yesterday.

ScreenShot2014-02-01at61051AM_zps4bc0013

Personally I think Richard Barrow has provided (and is continuing to provide) an excellent and very valuable service. It would be a total over-reaction to post that Bangkok is "unsafe" and also not up to him to do so. He is merely answering Twitter questions honestly.

I think that he's perhaps too jaded by too many years living in Thailand to understand that the vast majority of tourists aren't looking to dodge protests or check in with his Twitter feed before heading out to see one of the city's attractions. It might be safe for me because I know Bangkok and I have a network of friends and know where to monitor for updates but I'm not your average tourist begging, "Should I cancel my trip or is it safe?" It's just been very frustrating watching his "Bangkok is safe" tweets over the last few weeks and months as tensions have escalated.

• Like 1

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

That gun he's firing is a Tavor assault rifle, which just happens to be the new assault rifle of the Royal Thai Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21

Oh dear. That is bad news for the coup. Can't wait for the spin on this one. No wonder the army boss looks so damned happy tonight.

So, the Thai army bought this tavor and now somebody on PDRC side, with army protecting them, is firing one in the streets of Bangkok in order to stop voters from voting. Hmmm what will obama et al make of that.

Its an asault rifle that is really going to take some explaining away by the army

Here is a pic of the peaceful machine that PDRC saw fit to unleash on Bangkok. there were at least two as the one everybody was desdribing as looking as if the butt had been sawn off was also one of these.

BfZA9aRCUAAFmAH.jpg

Thanks for this photo. It is nice!

Where do you think is the place this riffle is sold?

My grandson likes it!

Edited by DGIE

People on Suthep's side tell me they are winning, but people on TV say no. Certainly, if anti protestors are able to be assassinated without police reactions, other than trying to find out who are supporting the anti protestors,,then the anti protestors can't be winning. No need for some on TV to call on the army to murder them as well. Corruption wins!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only people I blame for all this that is happenning today is:

Firstly, Sondhi and the Yellow Shirts who first started the mob behaviour in Thailand and which was then adopted by the Red Shirts, PRDC, Student Network etc.before that, Thai people were generally peaceful and non-confronational.

Secondly, Yingluck and her government, and the police for not stopping Suthep from day one before he started all this nonsense of seizing bangkok roads and govt offices , evolving his movement into a armed terrorist group that is against democracy. He should have been eradicated from day one.They should have also replace or placed the army chief under house arrests for not protecting the common citizens and condoning the Bangkok Shutdown, this has become a joke worldwide.....how can the army condone a capital being shut down? If it was Singapore, things would have been different.

Looks like there is no solutions in sight for the next coming months as they will be non-stop nonsense from all sides. The economy will degenerate, common people be it the poor peasants or the middle clas will suffer, only the corrupted rich hisos will be ok.

As I said Thailand is beyond salvation. Jsut hope when things start to deteriorate, they do not start on the foreigners residing here who are living comfortably as a result of hard honest work. (those garbage foreigners running bars, whore houses etc are excluded.)

Why didn't the soldiers come earlier in the day to remove the protesters and stop this from happening in the first place. This idea to wait until shots are fired isn't a good policy to stop violence.

It is about quota. First there needs to be 100 dead before the army steps in. That's just the way it is.