Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

as has been stated by others in here the reds are simply communists and this is the same sh*t that has happened in other communist countries. Thida is a communist and simply wants to see this country overrun by them, they are doing it by trying to start a war between the poor and the not so poor which has started to backfire as they stopped paying the poor. They do not want a united country they want a communist set up with the reds at the top of the pecking order and the poor as their personal slaves. Any red is the same and you may take that anyway you please, I dislike the yellows just as much but I will back the people of Thailand against any corrupt individuals that simply want whats best for them and the reds/thaksin/ptp are at the head of the list with the yellows fighting to get there as well. This is about all of the thai people, not just what the red dogs want or suthep, what the people want is an end to the corruption that the ptp/shina's are pushing on them. If you are unable to see past the bias of the reds/yellows to the truth then you are just as bad.

Thida may be a communist, but I don't think Thaksin or the rest of his clan are communists and they are the ones who are the politicians with the control.

Reds are communists?

Then how do you explain Suthep protesters and guards wearing communist hats in almost every photo?

Add the "Secretary General of the PDRC" and the "People's Council" in there.

Who's the communist now?

30207537-01_big.jpg

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

575613_10201107025579663_1423669180_n.jp

09577a1b-b728-4339-bd3e-47757ffb368b-620

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't the soldiers come earlier in the day to remove the protesters and stop this from happening in the first place. This idea to wait until shots are fired isn't a good policy to stop violence.

How about because that's the job of the police.

The cretin is shooting for an hour and plod no where to be seen. Either scared shit less or ordered to keep away. Where is hardman Chalerm and his much vaunted riot snatch squads. To busy listening to Skype?

So you think the threat of violence by armed terrorists should make the authorities remove peaceful demonstrators.

as has been stated by others in here the reds are simply communists and this is the same sh*t that has happened in other communist countries. Thida is a communist and simply wants to see this country overrun by them, they are doing it by trying to start a war between the poor and the not so poor which has started to backfire as they stopped paying the poor. They do not want a united country they want a communist set up with the reds at the top of the pecking order and the poor as their personal slaves. Any red is the same and you may take that anyway you please, I dislike the yellows just as much but I will back the people of Thailand against any corrupt individuals that simply want whats best for them and the reds/thaksin/ptp are at the head of the list with the yellows fighting to get there as well. This is about all of the thai people, not just what the red dogs want or suthep, what the people want is an end to the corruption that the ptp/shina's are pushing on them. If you are unable to see past the bias of the reds/yellows to the truth then you are just as bad.

Reds are communists?

Then how do you explain Suthep protesters and guards wearing communist hats in almost every photo?

Add the "Secretary General of the PDRC" and the "People's Council" in there.

Who's the communist now?

30207537-01_big.jpg

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

575613_10201107025579663_1423669180_n.jp

09577a1b-b728-4339-bd3e-47757ffb368b-620

it's because they think it looks good.. same as the swastika t-shirts.. crazy init.

that picture of them in uniform they are members of the Communist Party of Thailand.. They don't like Thaksin. They say he is not helping the common man, just putting them in debt.. Rings true at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Communist-Party-of-ThailandCPT-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%8C%E0%B9%80%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A8%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%97/176478352383229

"The government is corrupt. If we let the vote go on then they will come back, so we should not hold the election," said opposition protester Sirames"

So he decides to disenfranchise all the other millions of Thai voters? They want a corrupt, unaccountable "Peoples Council" instead - a "peoples council" based on hating the majority of the population - sure that will work out great!

The Democrats had the chance of turning voters in their favor but where to stupid to see this opportunity - or maybe they just think they don't have to win elections just provoke violence and get into government through the backdoor again?

I think elections should be held in the areas where it is peaceful now - and then concentrate all security forces later in the other areas to make sure the people who want to get to vote.

Bangkok has only approx. 3 million voters not even 8 % of the countries electorate - elections can be held there after security forces are freed up to secure voting venues after voting is completed in the provinces.

• Like 2

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

It is being said on twitter that the police and army use the same equipment. I wouldn't know, but you are the expert. Are they police or army or others? PIpkins, what do you think?

I still think it sad that those who are paid to keep people safe from harm and protect those who just want to publicly give their opinion a week before an election can be shot from two directions, in broad daylight, reported publicly on You Tube for all to see, with no response from the police. We're those in adjoining buildings interviewed? Are there any leads?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is he protecting Suthep's mob?? Because the video I just translated has this guy as the bomber too. The woman (opposite from where the nation was photographing) was saying he was throwing bombs from the bag, then she talks about a gun in the bag.

1661932_10201177859471152_2028723434_n.j

For the record. This is to confirm that the red shirts have total police impunity.

I bet the taxi driver does not get investigated for blocking the car in while the mob attempted to murder the occupants, this was probably just a simple road user trying to get through.

Note the police walking right next to a red shirt holding a pistol?

Notice the thug in the video at 0.44 min throwing an explosive into the back of the car with the same policeman standing no more than 5 M away?

I hope the army study this footage and decide that enough is enough and pick up their weapons and retaliate.

Gees, maybe I'm colour blind, but the man holding the gun is not wearing a red shirt.

Anyone out to make trouble will not be advertising which side of the colour divide they are on.

For the record. This is to confirm that the red shirts have total police impunity.

I bet the taxi driver does not get investigated for blocking the car in while the mob attempted to murder the occupants, this was probably just a simple road user trying to get through.

Notice the thug in the video at 0.44 min throwing an explosive into the back of the car with the same policeman standing no more than 5 M away?

I hope the army study this footage and decide that enough is enough and pick up their weapons and retaliate.

Gees, maybe I'm colour blind, but the man holding the gun is not wearing a red shirt.

Thida told them not to wear red .. remember? Probably because Suthep wore a red shirt for Chinese New Year. Now they all wear the same thing ... with their macho pseudo military get-up

Edited by rogerdee123

How do you know its a red shirt and not a protest security guard. On a photo in Bangkok post their is a security guard firing a revolver. If a firefight broke out between the police and any armed person what would the death toll have been?

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

It is being said on twitter that the police and army use the same equipment. I wouldn't know, but you are the expert. Are they police or army or others? PIpkins, what do you think?

I still think it sad that those who are paid to keep people safe from harm and protect those who just want to publicly give their opinion a week before an election can be shot from two directions, in broad daylight, reported publicly on You Tube for all to see, with no response from the police. We're those in adjoining buildings interviewed? Are there any leads?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is he protecting Suthep's mob?? Because the video I just translated has this guy as the bomber too. The woman (opposite from where the nation was photographing) was saying he was throwing bombs from the bag, then she talks about a gun in the bag.

1452298_761148350580700_1971162029_n.jpg

Looks like he is one of Suthep's lots (? I'd like a second confirm). It looks like he has the gun and the bombs, and is rear guard on Suthep's mob.

RT@RichardBarrow: VIDEO: Gunfire & explosions in #Bangkok on the eve of national elections - RT @go6tv: คลิปปะทะ แยกหลักสี่ youtube.com/watch?v=_wVmQA… #Thailand

When the music starts up, it sounds like the old days of the "Wild West" when there was a brawl in a Saloon/Bar and the Piano Player would play furiously to try and quieten the mob.

Thida told them not to wear red .. remember? Probably because Suthep wore a red shirt for Chinese New Year.

Funny how someone can identify red shirts there in the background, being 1 by 1 millimeter in size on the photo.

Thida told them not to wear red .. remember? Probably because Suthep wore a red shirt for Chinese New Year.

Also if you look at the video again it's got a pickup truck with a RED shirt banner on it..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

That gun he's firing is a Tavor assault rifle, which just happens to be the new assault rifle of the Royal Thai Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21

Oh dear. That is bad news for the coup. Can't wait for the spin on this one. No wonder the army boss looks so damned happy tonight.

So, the Thai army bought this tavor and now somebody on PDRC side, with army protecting them, is firing one in the streets of Bangkok in order to stop voters from voting. Hmmm what will obama et al make of that.

Its an asault rifle that is really going to take some explaining away by the army

Here is a pic of the peaceful machine that PDRC saw fit to unleash on Bangkok. there were at least two as the one everybody was desdribing as looking as if the butt had been sawn off was also one of these.

BfZA9aRCUAAFmAH.jpg

I disagree. The Travor doesn't make such a big flash. The sound from a Travor higher pitch than the low solid boom from the video. I think its a shot gun.

a single barrel shotgun with the barrel end lathed to resemble a tavor. Calibre? all my shot guns are massively wider bore than this.

Length too short for shotgun or you telling us it is sown off? and at which ends/

And what is his left hand grasping inside the bag? His sandwiches. Look again. Its a tavor in a bag and his left hand is gripping the bottom of the clip.

Diameter wouldn't let many pellets out. :) Give it up why don't you

Am so happy, this is the first time I have gotten involved in one of these gun argument. Must have been a darn bad gun point you made for me to be chipping in. I really know nothing at all about guns and even I can take your argument totally to bits.

Anyone out to make trouble will not be advertising which side of the colour divide they are on.

There was a news report posted here the other day with some Red Shirt leader calling on Red Shirts to NOT wear red colors in the days ahead.

So color clarity may not be what it once was here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701015-red-shirt-supporters-told-not-to-wear-red/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash

most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them

They are fighting for reform .. nobody other than pro-government support have said no election .. Suthep said reform then elections in 12-18 months.

I could ask. Why is Yingluck clinging to the PM's seat when she could step down for the good of the country?

easy answer... because Yingluck is the democratically elected PM supported by the vast majority of Thais

don't believe it? then support allowing elections and we will see whistling.gif

• Like 1

Funny how someone can identify red shirts there in the background, being 1 by 1 millimeter in size on the photo.

It was a red shirt protest. So safe to assume some / all have red shirt sympathies. No?

Funny hearing one forum member say, he would defend his right to vote, in the USA, any way he needed to. What do you have in the US? You have two puppet parties of the rich. Nothing ever changes and there is only an illusion of choice. (Sadly the same can be said for most nations around the world.

Here you have two sides fighting for who is going to get their money on the taxpayers money. Nothing noble about it. Both sides are corrupt.

Wake up people, there is no democracy in Thailand and there is no true democracy in most nations around he World!

• Like 2

This is obviously a situation which has been going on for many years, and it is entirely a Thai situation. Although many of us might live in Thailand, our opinons are not welcome by the Thais (unless our family) since it is their country and not ours. We are guests, regardless of the 10, 20, 30 or more years we have spend here. Hard not to have feeling about one side or the other, but best to keep it to ourselves and discuss with other farangs as desired.

The mention of millions of people who are not on one extreme or the other recalls the Silent Majority in the US. Well, the silent majority of Thailand needs to speak up and vote in free elections for the party of their own choice, otherwise it is not a democracy but a joke. Many reforms are needed in Thailand to be sure, but they either do such reforms within the established democratic framework, be it corrupt, evil, controlled by this one or that one, or they essentially appoint a dictatorial People's Council, possibly composed of people who are anti-gov't. and anti-North and Northeast, to draw up the "new" rules by which elections will be run. Could these rules contain what some so-called educated professors have proclaimed educated people should have more vote than uneducated people since they are stupid? Might as well say that people in the Ozarks Mountains of the US, and less educated people in rural areas of other countries should not have equal rights to vote. Is this democracy, or selective democracy?

I have lived in many countries and studied about political science for 50 years around the world and have seen all kinds of manipulations of the "democratic" process. What we have in Thailand is a munipulation by both sides for their own benefit. However, stopping the polling is not the correct answer to the question of "Can Thailand Have True Democracy?" In the meanwhile, we all have to be safe and avoid involvement in Thai politics and protests or anti-protests. We are not a part of this problem, but possibly victims of it if we get involved. Let the Thais sort out their own political problems and if not acceptable to us, we have other choices to live. Good luck!

• Like 2

Silver car has had plate identified is reportedly registered to the army and drove through the crowd and threw either some crackers or small explosives into the crowd, supposedly the crowd that was anti protesters... later as the silver car drives off can hear an explosion and people look up to the flyover, then another explosion under the flyover clearly that one cant come from above...

Getting more and more chaotic no one can tell whos doing what to who...

So its been rumoured, the car is registered to the army somehow and drove towards the red shirts, threw some IED's and tried to drive away.

Deliberate provocation of the red shirts and then we see PDRC men with rifles inside bags shooting at red shirts.

Terrible and disgusting.

All in my opinion of course.

Please proof that there is a riffles in the bags shot by PDRC toward the Red shirts.

Yes I see a bag. I don't see a riffles.

a man pulled an assault rifle from a bag and began spraying bullets WHY DON"T THEY JUST SAY IT AS IT IS! RED SHIRTS opened fire!

cos its not ,its unhappy thais who cant work or vote because of sutheps rats who has robbed them of their basic right s

...the elections in Thailand, the minimalistic democratic rite and right, has not changed anything during the last 20 years, except that the Thaksin clan became richer. This is a historic truth. Those who want to vote, might as well go the Wat and pray or ask Guan Yin for help.

Edited by fxe1200

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

That gun he's firing is a Tavor assault rifle, which just happens to be the new assault rifle of the Royal Thai Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21

Oh dear. That is bad news for the coup. Can't wait for the spin on this one. No wonder the army boss looks so damned happy tonight.

So, the Thai army bought this tavor and now somebody on PDRC side, with army protecting them, is firing one in the streets of Bangkok in order to stop voters from voting. Hmmm what will obama et al make of that.

Its an asault rifle that is really going to take some explaining away by the army

Here is a pic of the peaceful machine that PDRC saw fit to unleash on Bangkok. there were at least two as the one everybody was desdribing as looking as if the butt had been sawn off was also one of these.

BfZA9aRCUAAFmAH.jpg

I disagree. The Travor doesn't make such a big flash. The sound from a Travor higher pitch than the low solid boom from the video. I think its a shot gun.

Then your blind..

What gauge shotgun would be that small ?? 4/10 ??

Also look at how he is holding the stock.. What shotgun would have a stock so low..

• Like 2

Maybe Richard Barrow will finally quit telling people on social media that Bangkok is perfectly safe as long as you avoid protest areas. During the red shirt protests, I told people that I was safe and explained why I wasn't concerned about what looked like full blown anarchy on international media, but I certainly wasn't willing to take responsibility for telling people it's safe to come to Bangkok. If you're an expat or know Thailand very well, you know where to look for information and know how to avoid trouble. Even then, there's no guarantees, but at least you have the tools to keep yourself safe. But, obviously, if you're asking Richard Barrow on Twitter if it's safe, it's probably not safe for you. And how does one avoid Asok and Sukhumvit when the protesters go there?

Tweet from just yesterday.

ScreenShot2014-02-01at61051AM_zps4bc0013

Only problems is that many poling booths are dangerous places and most Thais in Bangkok are scared that they will be abused or beaten or shot by 3rd hand if they go!

I don't think they need to worry about the third hand, I think Sutheps second hand is the main problem.

Silver car has had plate identified is reportedly registered to the army and drove through the crowd and threw either some crackers or small explosives into the crowd, supposedly the crowd that was anti protesters... later as the silver car drives off can hear an explosion and people look up to the flyover, then another explosion under the flyover clearly that one cant come from above...

Getting more and more chaotic no one can tell whos doing what to who...

So its been rumoured, the car is registered to the army somehow and drove towards the red shirts, threw some IED's and tried to drive away.

Deliberate provocation of the red shirts and then we see PDRC men with rifles inside bags shooting at red shirts.

Terrible and disgusting.

All in my opinion of course.

Please proof that there is a riffles in the bags shot by PDRC toward the Red shirts.

Yes I see a bag. I don't see a riffles.

Are you serious? There is a VIDEO in this post that shows a PDRC guard shooting a rifle from a bag. It's even on CNN and BBC.

Take off your yellow glasses for a second: