Chalerm vows to reopen all besieged government offices February 6

webfact

chalerm-2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Head of the Center for the Maintaining of Peace and Order (CMPO) Chalerm Yubamrung vowed to reopen all government offices forced to close by People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) protesters from Thursday February 6.

Chalerm who is also caretaker Labour Minister, said protesters who obstruct the reopening of these offices, particularly PDRC leaders, would be arrested.

But he assured that in making arrest, the CMPO would mainly rely on negotiations, not violence.

He said the government needed to reopen those offices so that government officials could return to work to service the people.

He also said the election yesterday was carried out under democratic rules. He said further that, since the number of MPs was still short of the required 475 of the total 500 seats in the House of Representatives, the House could not yet convene.

He said it was the duty of the Election Commission to hold fresh elections within 180 days with promise that the CMPO was ready to provide help in terms of both police manpower and the delivery of ballots to troubled provinces should it is requested by the EC.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chalerm-vows-reopen-besieged-government-offices-february-6/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-03

Posted 2014-01-27 13:45:29

Chalerm tells protesters to leave govt offices in 72 hours or face arrests

Posted 7 minutes ago . Feb 3 2014

Telling first, vowing second. 72 hours to get outta Dodge Suthep or you're dead meat!

post-9891-0-01018200-1391420032_thumb.jppost-9891-0-37646700-1391420036_thumb.jp

Edited by ratcatcher

Blah, blah, blah, Chalerm vows to have Thaksin back or cut off head, to stop violence in the south within 90 days, arrest Suthep within 72 hours and countless other things. I suppose it would be asking too much for him to quit drinking. This guy is such a buffoon, he thinks people are laughing with him not at him.

No doubt he is trying to create an illusion 'it's all over',,, 'we won the election',,, 'now back to business as normal'.

And he's deliberately not mentioning that they cannot form any sort of new and working parliament right now.

He's wrong, it's not over until there is reform before elections.

The only thing C can open would be his bowels, especially if confronted by anyone who stands up to him when he doesn't have his thug sons standing by.

A bottle of booze too.

As always, the big talker is the little doer. This man never fails to make a complete fool out of himself. When PTP meets its demise, wonder what'll happen to him. Guaranteed to be funny, stay tuned.

• Like 1

The only thing C can open would be his bowels, especially if confronted by anyone who stands up to him when he doesn't have his thug sons standing by.

even our ptp friends on here must cringe when those lips seperate to reveal some utter <deleted> which is forthcoming...i love the man...hes their top crusader...i would love to share a bottle of merlot with him and pick his braincell.....w00t.gif

This from the same guy who, back on Jan. 27, gave the protesters a 3-day ultimatum to leave occupied government offices or face arrest by his "assault units."

As best as I recall, no one's been arrested and no one's been assaulted by police units since then for occupying or obstructing government offices.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699811-chalerm-tells-protesters-to-leave-govt-offices-in-72-hours-or-face-arrests/

To be Fair on the way home this evening there were many Police trucks going into Bangkok on the tollway.

First time i have seen this on this protest phase.

Could be the start of planning a big push for them.

Time will tell.

About time if it is actually happening but will be quite surprised if the police do anything significant unless Sutheps backers have finally thrown him on the scrap heap.

Wow!...hic

If I was handling his PR, I would advise to make less specific statements to avoid painting oneself into corner.

He could just say / said " vow to reopen......very soon, in the next little while."

I seem to remember Feb 3 for Government Complex...the day after the election.

Maybe he is just being crafty with false flags to keep them guessing.