Welcome to New Members

tuky

Hi everybody.

Hung Hai Fat Choi. ( Happy Chinese New Year )

I am a new member I have just joined today. I am living in UK at this moment, My husband and I think about to come to LOS to retire. I found this site by accident around X'mas time. Since then I have read it everyday. I love it so much. so I join the party.

I am Chinese, and happily married to an English gentleman. We met in Hong Kong, after being married a couple of years we came UK to live. Now my Husband has retired and we are fed up with the weather in UK. We are planning to live in Thailand. It is much better weather and cheaper than Hong Kong.

Regards

Hello Kitty

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello!!!

im louise from dublin!!

just found the forum when i was googling what injections i need to get for visiting thialand in the summer!!

The answer is ...... none.

Welcome to Thai Visa :D

Just bring tropical strength insect repellent in case you go to a mozzie area.

ie: Loads of DEET in it. :o

Good morning!!!! Although I guess it is evening in Thailand..........

Just wanted to say hello to the masses. :D

I visit Thailand 2-3 times per year and am planning on moving there permanently by Jan 2008.

I have read many good bits of advice over the last 2 months on this forum so decided to join and hopefully meet some of you during my travels. Will be in Korat from March 2nd through March 19th.

I made my first post in the Issan forum 2 days ago so I guess my ThaiVisa posting virginity is forever lost. :o

Thanks to all that provide the advice and service to this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, :D Just noticed this thread so if not tooooo late Happy New Year to all members.

I too have found this site very informative and helpful when trying to obtain Visa for g/f so a very BIG THANK YOU to all members and especially the SCOUSER who was absolutely Brilliant.

:o

Not very computer minded so please be gentle.

Big toe - only not too sure depth

Welcome to TV :D

That has got to be the funniest user name I've come across so far, BIGTOE3 :D:D

Good man!, welcome.

Cheers to All TW members!

I`m known as Jalla, a Noggie living in Patters on the fifth year now. Married Thai, both living in Norway before we found out it was to bl..dy cold there. Having loads of friends allready living in Patters, the choice was easy when we moved to Los.

Working in the oil industry gives me the advantage of a more or less steady month on, month off so things are perfect.

Love living in Los, allthough it can be frustrating at times dealing with the local "craftsmen" and other :o things.

Got a 2nd house up in Korat which we visit sometimes. Luckily the missus goes by herself sometimes as I "have things to do" now and again :D

Never says no to a good p.ss up unless I had a major one the day before! :D

BTW, great forum and postings. Has given me loads of comments from the missus saying; "What are you laughing about??"

See ya around,

Jalla

Welcome to TV :D

That has got to be the funniest user name I've come across so far, BIGTOE3 :D:D

Good man!, welcome.

bigtoe35id.gif

:o

Thank you Dutch,

Btw how do you get these AVATORS - ?

Great site, great comments .

only putting toe in not sure of depth

Thank you Dutch,

Btw how do you get these AVATORS - ?

Great site, great comments .

only putting toe in not sure of depth

I made these avatars myself, like this one ... bigtoe3907hd.gif

This is the url : http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7312/bigtoe3907hd.gif

If you like it, you may use it. It's unique, because I turned it into an animation, like the Black Leopard you see at the left.

EDIT : I replaced the image with one from 100 to 90 pix ...

Edited by FlyingDutchman

Hey Guys

I'm a Canadian Sailor who’s going to have two weeks of leave in Thailand.

I arrive in Bangkok on the first of April and a while (when my ship gets in about two weeks) later I go to sea.

As this sea voyage looks to be quite a few months a major pre trip party is in order.

The thing is I need tips.

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

Thai Girls, Tourist Girls, and Girls I don’t know about yet;

Pitfalls, scams, dirty tricks to watch out for;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

Hey Guys

I'm a Canadian Sailor who’s going to have two weeks of leave in Thailand.

I arrive in Bangkok on the first of April and a while (when my ship gets in about two weeks) later I go to sea.

As this sea voyage looks to be quite a few months a major pre trip party is in order.

The thing is I need tips.

Where to stay;

How much to pay;

Thai Girls, Tourist Girls, and Girls I don’t know about yet;

Pitfalls, scams, dirty tricks to watch out for;

What’s the score guys?

Thanks in advance

A somewhat adrift seaman

Rob

Welcome Sailor :o:D

G'day all

I've been living in Thailand for a number of years now and just stumbled across this forum. I don't expect to post much but I thought I should do the right thing and make my first one here.

I live in Phuket so expect to spend most of my time on the Phuket pages, but there is a lot of good stuff all over the forum - I particularly liked the thread about the demonstration coming up on the weekend. I was here in 86 and 92 and I just hope like hel_l nothing like that happens again.

Anyway, time for a beer now, so see ya 'round the forum.

DB

Looking at moving to thailand with my wife in 4-6 months going to travel around at first to see where we want to live. Seriously looking at chang mai for the reason my wife is in the jewellery trade and would love to start a little e-bay store or something of that nature. What would you recomend?

:D ... well ... here I am ... what should I say ?

:D

Well I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you Dutch re Avator, took awhile but I got there eventually. ( Ihope :D Down side is every one knows what I look like now :o

See you around I am sure.

Big Toe

Stuck it in a little not sure how deep I want to go :D

Hello everyone

Hmmm how will I start...lemme see....

Ive been living here for 5 years straight but I first came here in 1998. I'm getting a degree in Marketing soonish and hoefully starts my driving lessons properly. Anyways thats all I can say for now, chat me up if u want, I usually chat in MSN & Yahoo.

Peace

Most humble greetings and :D to all new additions on :o .

I might just pass on "chatting you up" though Whizz Kid. You could speak to Daleyboy though, he's answered himself a few question already this week..... :D:D:D

redrus

:D ... well ... here I am ... what should I say ?

:D

Well I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you Dutch re Avator, took awhile but I got there eventually. ( Ihope :D Down side is every one knows what I look like now :o

See you around I am sure.

Big Toe

Stuck it in a little not sure how deep I want to go :D

"Stuck it in a little not sure how deep I want to go ..."

You'd better move into the Jungle, descard your mobile phone and bury yourself upto your neck into the ground ... otherwise 'you will be lost on this forum' :D.

Take care, BIGTOE3 !

hi there guys and gals just like to take the time to say hello iam new to the forum as a registed user ive been around viewing posts and getting a feel for it all

i have been comeing to thailand for a few years and really love the place its a bit rough round the edges ive started to drift away from the really tourist spots and have found some real gems

anyway all the best roger