Pheu Thai Party strikes back, wants Democrat Party dissolution

Lite Beer

This country more and more resembles a children's play-ground with every passing day........

Cannot argue with that,sadly nurse has allowed real bullets in the toys.

However I cannot remember a time when it was not thus.

!9992,1997,2006,2010 things have actually improved.

Yes I know that is hard for newcomers to believe.

Ignoring the politics,health,roads,transport albeit dangerous still ahs improved.

I recall the crash of 199os empty shops,house half finished projects a couple of sat channels,internet as slow as me etc.

Despite the current wrestling over who has the spoils the ordinary folk are great there's still rice in the fields and fish in the streams.

Of course if you have an alien passport you have the right to live elsewhere e.g.the paradise that is Birmingham UK or Alabama or live or The riot ridden HLM slum cites of Europe!,LOS any time ,Chok Dee it'll get better it always does.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pheu Thai Party The Empire strikes back.blink.png

I do not agree. The majority of Thailand strikes back.

Majority?

Math is not a PTP strong point. 61% of population didn't want an amnesty yet according to UDD supporters that is a small minority. 43% of the population voted for the PTP and that is a huge majority. 500 UDD protestors is a huge turnout and the voice of the majority. 6 million PDRC protestors is a tiny protest and not even worth bringing up.

Nationwide voter turnout was 47%. Valid votes was 71% with the others being invalid or a “No” vote. That equates to 33.3% counted votes. Don’t forget this calculation does not include the polls that could not open or where voters were turned away.

The PTP won the last election with 43% of the vote. Just say they got the same % again this time then that is 14.9% of eligible voters that want the PTP to return to power.

So now 14.9% of the population is the majority?

The highest turn outs were Chiang Mai (75.05% turn out), Lamphun with (73.39% turn out) and Mae Hong Son with (65.21% turn out) and if 100% of eligible voters from there voted for the PTP then that would explain the 14.9%.

Facts Math - The PTP's kryptonite.

Who would have thought that the rice scheme that brought the PTP to power 3 years ago could be its downfall 3 years later.

Edited by djjamie

Gonna be lonely here with no political parties.

By the way, while the convicted criminal Prompong was at the office of the ombudsman, did he answer the question the ombudsman repeatedly asked for the past 18 months why the other convicted criminal Thaksin was issued a passport ?

• Like 1

This could end well, just dissolve them all and ban every member from politics. Might be a bit difficult to get new MP's, but a simple lottery to select random people out of Thai population would probably do better than the current circus.

Let turn Thailand into a one party state, and those who oppose lets put them up against a wall and shoot them...

Looks like Chelerm went to North Korea (when things got a little to hot for him in BKK last week) for lessons in how to make democracy work.

The only one who wants a one party state is Suthep with his North Korea or China style "people's council".

The Puea Thai government wants elections and has encouraged the Democrats to join them. They refused.

They also offered to discuss reforms with the Democrats and they also refused that.

Don't talk trash, please.

• Like 1

The Democrats feel that the court system belongs to them as they act as the dogs for the elite, Democrats are in a very risky situation legally, maybe so far in to cash in their get of jail free ticket.

All the problems faced in Bangkok was the idea and work hatched by the Democrat party!

Cheers

Utter rubbish. All the problems were caused by the fugitive and his cronies.

Amnesty = protests

Altering constitution to allow for dictatorship= protests

Rice scam = Economic collapse

Non payment of rice scam = protests

Tablet scam = waste of money and no help to schools

1st house scam = waste of tax money and no help to the poor

1st care scam = waste of tax money and no help to the poor

Minimum wage increase = leading to higher inflation cancelling out any rise in real terms, businessees moving abroad where labour is cheaper

How is any of this in the least bit the Dems fault ?

• Like 1

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

Even after they plug the gaps, less than 50% of the eligible population will have voted and a lot of people will have cast no votes. Hence more than 50% of the country have said 'NO' to the election so clearly reform is the way forward. Q.E.D.

“The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.”

I don't quite understand how the Government can issue a royal decree...doesn't that require royalty for the issuing part? On the other hand the government has always had a high opinion of itself and maybe it elevated itself to higher "highs", with Chalerm's expertise.

And if the DEM's are dissolved I won't like the result. I won't even agree with it, but I will accept it. That's what you do when you respect the law. If the DME's are found guilty then they have to accept the consequences of their actions. That's called accountability for your actions.

I find it amazing that the gullible uneducated blame the courts for finding guilty parties, well, guilty yet they see absolutely nothing wrong with the DSI quite blatantly attacking DEMS at every opportunity. Tarit under the PTP has cut RS political cases in his hand from the 281 during AV's time to 48 cases in 2012 to just four cases last year. In fact, even YS benefited as Tarit chose to drop her asset concealment case. Don't see DEM supporters coming out and threatening kidnapping Tarit. Don't see protestors knocking down the door of the DSI when this was revealed. Because it is called respect for the law. The DEM supporters don't agree with it, but it is to be accepted. It is the law. With breakdown of law and order you have anarchy and anarchy folks, is not democracy. So acceptance by DEM's on this and praise by the PTP for the law being (perceived to be) followed. Why? It favors the PTP.

I find it amazing that the gullible uneducated blame the courts for finding guilty parties, well, guilty yet see absolutely nothing wrong with the chief of police having a portrait of himself hanging up on his wall at work showing him having his insignia pinned on him by the terrorist financier, Thaksin that happens to be the PM's brother. The police are tasked with enforcement of laws and apprehension of offenders. They even had to have a hearing and investigation to see if the portrait was appropriate and fell outside those guidelines. A wanted criminal promoting Adul to chief of police with the words "I have, because you gave it to me" The same words incidentally that Thaksin used to describe the General who was the leader of the coup in 1992 in Thailand. Now despite whether Adul thinks Thaksin is innocent or guilty is not his decision to make. That is the courts decision. Adul has shown through his actions that the police force is sided with and sympathetic to Thaksin, thus the PTP and their terrorist wing, the UDD and at the same time showing their contempt for the court and lack of respect for the law. (Principle of democracy - Equal protection under the law??) In the last 2 months we have seen this being played out. No justice for anti government supporters. No arrests or leads in the bombing of Abhisit's place yet Chalerm stated they will hunt down anyone that tries to go near yinglucks house. PTP supporters are very vocal on the courts being perceived as one sided (Which they are. Sided on finding innocent people innocent) yet are silent on the police. Why? It favors the PTP. Doesn't sound like equal protection under the law to me. Heck they had elections right? So suck it up, we can do what we want.

Which gets me back onto the courts. This is exactly why the PTP are so arrogant. Why they place so much emphases on the ballot box. Because they feel that when / if they win an election they can do what ever they want. They feel that democracy ceases post ballot box. Sorry PTP that is where democracy begins. Thaksin giving tax money to Burma so they can buy Thaksin's products doesn't sound right. Sounds like abuse of power to me. He was elected so should this abuse of power be accepted? 700 billion in tax money of which is alleged 300 billion went to corruption and of the remaining 400 billion the poor farmers got 18% of it. Sounds like corruption on a grand scale even without going into the complete failure of the scheme that YES the DEM's said would happen 3 years ago. yingluck was the chairman of the scheme, BUT she was elected so should she be forgiven for not attending one meeting regarding the scheme and allowing the corruption to flourish. Should we blame the DEMS for this corruption? Should we really blame the courts when she is found guilty?

Criminals hate guilty judgements by courts and innocent people have nothing to fear. It is not a big conspiracy. It is simply very naughty people being held accountable. And those very naughty people don't want to be held accountable because they won the election. So they kick and shove and demonize. The weak minded gullible supporters then jump on the bandwagon and blindly defend them not even realizing they are defending actions that are in conflict with the principles of democracy they purport to adhere too. Confused bunch heay! blink.png

So in summary PTP supporters don't mind the police being tools of the PTP. Don't mind the DSI being tools of the PTP and even respect the courts when found innocent. When found guilty however then the courts are tools of the DEM's and it is travesty of justice.

Thaksin said he wanted a one party state. Now if the PTP win the next election after looking at the political landscape in Thailand now with a broad spectrum of protestors on the streets including the farmers protesting the PTP then you know that democracy has failed. That a very narrow band of farmers up north is being manipulated to allow a regime to continue to runs the country. All this says to me is reform is needed lest Thaksin gets his wish and the very supporters that follow him now become inconsequential.

DJ your manipulation of the English language and the facts are absolutly brilliant, you are unparalleled here on TV. Your passive agressive approach and manipulation is text book propaganda and can only be compared to Joseph Goebbels the head of the Nazi Propaganda machine in the 40's!

Edited by bkkfaranguy
  • Like 1

And if the DEM's are dissolved I won't like the result. I won't even agree with it, but I will accept it. That's what you do when you respect the law. If the DME's are found guilty then they have to accept the consequences of their actions. That's called accountability for your actions.

I find it amazing that the gullible uneducated blame the courts for finding guilty parties, well, guilty yet they see absolutely nothing wrong with the DSI quite blatantly attacking DEMS at every opportunity. Tarit under the PTP has cut RS political cases in his hand from the 281 during AV's time to 48 cases in 2012 to just four cases last year. In fact, even YS benefited as Tarit chose to drop her asset concealment case. Don't see DEM supporters coming out and threatening kidnapping Tarit. Don't see protestors knocking down the door of the DSI when this was revealed. Because it is called respect for the law. The DEM supporters don't agree with it, but it is to be accepted. It is the law. With breakdown of law and order you have anarchy and anarchy folks, is not democracy. So acceptance by DEM's on this and praise by the PTP for the law being (perceived to be) followed. Why? It favors the PTP.

I find it amazing that the gullible uneducated blame the courts for finding guilty parties, well, guilty yet see absolutely nothing wrong with the chief of police having a portrait of himself hanging up on his wall at work showing him having his insignia pinned on him by the terrorist financier, Thaksin that happens to be the PM's brother. The police are tasked with enforcement of laws and apprehension of offenders. They even had to have a hearing and investigation to see if the portrait was appropriate and fell outside those guidelines. A wanted criminal promoting Adul to chief of police with the words "I have, because you gave it to me" The same words incidentally that Thaksin used to describe the General who was the leader of the coup in 1992 in Thailand. Now despite whether Adul thinks Thaksin is innocent or guilty is not his decision to make. That is the courts decision. Adul has shown through his actions that the police force is sided with and sympathetic to Thaksin, thus the PTP and their terrorist wing, the UDD and at the same time showing their contempt for the court and lack of respect for the law. (Principle of democracy - Equal protection under the law??) In the last 2 months we have seen this being played out. No justice for anti government supporters. No arrests or leads in the bombing of Abhisit's place yet Chalerm stated they will hunt down anyone that tries to go near yinglucks house. PTP supporters are very vocal on the courts being perceived as one sided (Which they are. Sided on finding innocent people innocent) yet are silent on the police. Why? It favors the PTP. Doesn't sound like equal protection under the law to me. Heck they had elections right? So suck it up, we can do what we want.

Which gets me back onto the courts. This is exactly why the PTP are so arrogant. Why they place so much emphases on the ballot box. Because they feel that when / if they win an election they can do what ever they want. They feel that democracy ceases post ballot box. Sorry PTP that is where democracy begins. Thaksin giving tax money to Burma so they can buy Thaksin's products doesn't sound right. Sounds like abuse of power to me. He was elected so should this abuse of power be accepted? 700 billion in tax money of which is alleged 300 billion went to corruption and of the remaining 400 billion the poor farmers got 18% of it. Sounds like corruption on a grand scale even without going into the complete failure of the scheme that YES the DEM's said would happen 3 years ago. yingluck was the chairman of the scheme, BUT she was elected so should she be forgiven for not attending one meeting regarding the scheme and allowing the corruption to flourish. Should we blame the DEMS for this corruption? Should we really blame the courts when she is found guilty?

Criminals hate guilty judgements by courts and innocent people have nothing to fear. It is not a big conspiracy. It is simply very naughty people being held accountable. And those very naughty people don't want to be held accountable because they won the election. So they kick and shove and demonize. The weak minded gullible supporters then jump on the bandwagon and blindly defend them not even realizing they are defending actions that are in conflict with the principles of democracy they purport to adhere too. Confused bunch heay! blink.png

So in summary PTP supporters don't mind the police being tools of the PTP. Don't mind the DSI being tools of the PTP and even respect the courts when found innocent. When found guilty however then the courts are tools of the DEM's and it is travesty of justice.

Thaksin said he wanted a one party state. Now if the PTP win the next election after looking at the political landscape in Thailand now with a broad spectrum of protestors on the streets including the farmers protesting the PTP then you know that democracy has failed. That a very narrow band of farmers up north is being manipulated to allow a regime to continue to runs the country. All this says to me is reform is needed lest Thaksin gets his wish and the very supporters that follow him now become inconsequential.

Very good and accurate sir. Many people try and say 'this is about the poor farming reds and the rich elite yellows', but you could also say it is about the 'law breaking thinking they can do whatever the hell they want side ( PT / UDD / Taksin / The violent reds / rioters / terrorists ) and the peaceful abide by the law and respect the ruling of the courts side' to a certain extent. ( Note I am excluding the majority of hard working farmers many of whom are not red shirts and many of whom are not violent. I also have no doubt both sides will have good and bad ). Hence the current crop of court cases which of course would not be happening if PT had done their job instead of bowing to the puppet master's every whim. And why did the amnesty have to cover Taksin and the current PT crooks ? Just saying...whistling.gif

Dissolve the parties and clean up all the mess. Start fresh and new but who can take the position?

The problem of this corruption is coming from the characteristics of Thai people. Thai people are rather unique but most of them are corrupted. It is not the government that is corrupted but it is the people that are corrupted and <deleted> up.

The Thai society is used to use money to manipulate people. Under the table deals are commonly done and they don't see any problem about it.

I don't know how they can fix the problem but at least they need to implement a better education system to teach moral and basic principal.

The government needs to upgrade the poor people to minimize the disparity of wealth and provide equal opportunities.

Unless the government implements very strict punishments and rules like in Singapore, the corruption will continue.

Can Thai people do it? Probably not. It seems to me that they have been enjoying practicing the corruption.

Whoever takes in change, the next leader will be cleaner than the Thaksin clan, I assume.

• Like 1

There needs to be new main parties, with new leaders, and a real ironshod commitment to putting Thailand first. None of these clowns act in the nation's best interests, there needs to be a new dawn of democratic empowerment and mass-involvement in new progressive parties. Voters are crying out for strong new parties to put their faith in. There is so much energy at street level, of people wanting change, but they are putting that energy into these same two waddling ducks. If you get some leaders with even half-decent motivations and a bit of backbone, the rest will follow. It is totally basic 9-5 stuff, it really isn't rocket science at all. You don't put your money into a broken slot-machine, and you shouldn't put your votes into a broken political party either, for the same reason, your money is gone and you don't get any play. The offered solution of bypassing voting altogether is just running away from the problem, which is that there needs to be new mainstream parties with new faces, so people can leave all the negative things in the past finally. Anybody who wants to dig up the past should be ridiculed, it doesn't help anyone and just perpetuates the dog-chasing-its-own-tail dilemma that we have mournfully observed for over a decade.

• Like 2

Let turn Thailand into a one party state, and those who oppose lets put them up against a wall and shoot them...

Looks like Chelerm went to North Korea (when things got a little to hot for him in BKK last week) for lessons in how to make democracy work.

The only one who wants a one party state is Suthep with his North Korea or China style "people's council".

The Puea Thai government wants elections and has encouraged the Democrats to join them. They refused.

They also offered to discuss reforms with the Democrats and they also refused that.

Don't talk trash, please.

You are the one speaking trash Shannon T, should that by Shinawat T., ?

Another misguided red sheeple.

Taksin was trying to install himself as a dictator in 2006 which is why there was a coup, the majority in Bangkok didn't want president Taksin in power. He is still trying to do the same. The amnesty would bring him back and the alterations PT tried to make to the constitution would give him far greater powers over the governing of the country allowing him to make big decisions with the ability to bypass scrutiny in parliament. He still wants to be dictator. Have no doubt about that.

Suteb on the other hand has publicly stated repeatedly that he will not be in charge of politics. He has invited every person in the country to nominate good people to take part in the council. He has statred it must be completely free of politicians though legal advisors would guide the people to make sure the reforms were constitutional etc. Lecturers, artists, respected business leaders, community leaders etc. would be good. Any reforms with a Shin fan in charge will only lead to stonewalling, obfuscation and sneaky ways to help Taksin's dictatorial goals.

DJ your manipulation of the English language and the facts are absolutly brilliant, you are unparalleled here on TV. Your passive agressive approach and manipulation is text book propaganda and can only be compared to Joseph Goebbels the head of the Nazi Propaganda machine in the 40's!

Why thank you . It's nice to see that the facts are starting to sink in. wai2.gif

Now we only need the farmers to appreciate the facts as you do, to ensure their arguments are not in conflict with the principles of democracy.

Well done and thanks again bkkfaranguy. I'm touched.

Pheu Thai Party The Empire strikes back.blink.png

I do not agree. The majority of Thailand strikes back.

Majority?

Math is not a PTP strong point. 61% of population didn't want an amnesty yet according to UDD supporters that is a small minority. 43% of the population voted for the PTP and that is a huge majority. 500 UDD protestors is a huge turnout and the voice of the majority. 6 million PDRC protestors is a tiny protest and not even worth bringing up.

Nationwide voter turnout was 47%. Valid votes was 71% with the others being invalid or a “No” vote. That equates to 33.3% counted votes. Don’t forget this calculation does not include the polls that could not open or where voters were turned away.

The PTP won the last election with 43% of the vote. Just say they got the same % again this time then that is 14.9% of eligible voters that want the PTP to return to power.

So now 14.9% of the population is the majority?

Math is apparently not your strong point either.

According to your math, everyone that did not go to vote (prevented from doing so or otherwise) is anti-Puea Thai?

Saying that only those who went to vote and voted for Puea Thai actually support Puea Thai and nobody else is a statement that will maybe win an argument in kindergarten.

We won't know how many voted for who or who would have voted for who because the anti-democratic Suthep makes it impossible for people to go out and vote. He blocks ballots from being distributed and closes polling stations. His supporters wield weapons in front of polling stations and threaten and attack people who want to go vote.

As for only 500 UDD protesters - why would they need to come out to the streets? They are not protesting against anything.

If your math formula is correct as you claim and only those who cast their votes for Puea Thai are actually for Puea Thai and everyone else against, then it should also be valid that Suthep's 6 million people (which is grossly inflated, by the way) are also the only ones out of a nation of 69 million people who support Suthep. Is 6 million out of 69 million a majority? That's only 8%.

Get this thug Suthep off the street and then have an election. Then we can see who supports who like normal people.

"His supporters wield weapons in front of polling stations and threaten and attack people who want to go vote"

This again shows the failure of the PTP and I appreciate you highlighting it. Thanks.

Imagine Chalerm's CMPO, the police or the emergency decree (all paid for by the tax payer) can't stop this apparent intimidation with weapons at polling stations AND then the PTP challenge the EC to stop future violence!

This shows the PTP is a complete failure and cannot even stop violence during a poll when they said they had 200 000 police at polling stations throughout Thailand. It also shows they are unaccountable and blaming the EC for the PTP's ineptness at maintaining peace and order (BTW - CMPO stands for Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order managed by the PTP)

DEM's got it right in 2010. Come down hard on terrorists and silence them before they get further out of control. Only thing in 2010 is Abhisit showed too much restraint. He could have saved a few more lives if he came out 4 weeks earlier. As it is he saved 100's or even 1000's for stopping the terrorist cancer befalling Thailand.

Nice point though and please feel free to give me some more information that highlights the PTP's abysmal failures.

Edited by djjamie

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit submitted a petition letter to the EC chairman, charging the Democrat Party with breaching Section 68 of the Constitution in its attempt to abolish Thailand’s administrative system.

Just one small problem with that Prompong, the entire Democrat party resigned before Suthep took to the streets. So what are you going to dissolve, a party with no members? Looks like that old fox Suthep outsmarted you again, not that it's much of an accomplishment. I think Prompong must have been in Chalerms ear medicine.

Just one small problem with this, rarod711. The entire Democrat party did NOT resign from the party. All Democrat MPs resigned their seats in Parliament. They are still party members and are therefore vulnerable to loss of political rights and the party can be dissolved.

Bravo, go ahead!

If all political parties dissolve each other, Suthep will have achieved his goal after all - and totally unexpected through a back door.

And perhaps that really might be the best solution. Start from scratch, whereas all new political parties must BAN and INDEFINITELY EXCLUDE as their members such individuals who...

a) ...have ever been a member of any past political party;

B) ...are kin or affiliates of any past political party member, senator, or government official;

c) ...have ever been elected as a member of parliament or senator;

d) ...have ever been appointed a cabinet minister, provincial governor, district head or kamnan or any other high-ranking government post (including police and judiciary) by any previous government;

f) ...have ever actively engaged in any kind of political activism in the past;

g) ...have ever financially contributed to any past political party or popular movement;

h) ...have ever been a member of the armed forces at a rank higher than master sergeant or equivalent.

The only problem is: Will any of these new political parties be able to find enough members at all? I mean, political parties only seem to attract individuals with vested interests, corrupt intentions, low morals, over-blown egos, and inflated materialistic ambitions, among other unsavory character traits.

dummy spit by another ptp criminal that should be in jail, so how many do they npoow have that are either hiding overseas or out on bail, hmmmm, ptp, the party for criminals.

More on the way courtesy of NACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

True all the way trough. They do not seem to understand the definition and concept of DEMOCRACY.

Knowing how "impartial" the Thai judiciary is, I'm sure they'll find supporting an insurrection and kidnapping government officials less serious than appearing on television for pay.

Would you kindly provide some links/evidence to support your claim that government officals have been kidnapped?

Didnt think so...

Good try. However, their grandfathers will cuddle the dem in their arms and let them continue to suck from milk bottles and playing with their pacifiers - whistle.

and the difference between this and have a brown nose from sticking up Thaksin behind is ?

A bunch of corrupt criminals trying to take down the democrat party through the courts...

Ironic or what?

You know nowt to very little. All MP's by nature are corrupt.. Suthep made his family nearly a billion baht for his family by running down national stocks of palm oil and not importing to avert a crisis. if you remember when cooking oil prices shot thru the roof..that was purely Sutheps doing and he abused, beyond belief, his position has Head of the government committee on Palm Oil. His own party members detested his behaviour for trying to sell cabinet seats to coalition members, he brought down his own government in the 90's for selling land to his mates and making millions. Bunch of crimminals.all of them and Suthep is top of the pile