It is 2 degrees, chilly, windy and miserable...

simon43

Yep i can confirm what ''Simon43'' has said, i am actually further up North, in ''Bonny Scotland''..

since being here, about 3 weeks, its been ''COLD,MISERABLE,DARK,WET''...

I dont miss that part, but what i dont mind, is being able to drive and feel safe...

Shall be back to Phuket soon.. cannot wait....

Surely one can enjoy few beers by the water in UK too.

549474_10200444102958011_1870156878_n.jp

"Surely one can enjoy few beers by the water in UK too"

Except that this is definitely not in the UK - UK houses are not clad that way, the beers are not British.

However, the tans remind me of Essex ....

• Like 2

The new pup jumped into the fish pond about 0700 this morning, started spraying him down to clean the mud off and he freaked out(normally loves it, he's a Lab), felt the water and it was bloody freezing, let it run for 5mins and it was ok.

Been getting a good layer of dew on the grass in Chalong (norm for this time of yr) as well which has been good.

Edited by beechbum

The weather here, especially the temperature range, is the best of anywhere I have ever been on the planet.

The only downside is that the benign climate tends to turn one into a "weather pussy": over time it becomes more and more difficult to deal with conditions outside the narrow norm we quickly grow accustomed to.

I was in Bangkok recently and I was close to shivering.

Even the thought of being in Montreal this time of year is also enough to induce shivering in this poster.

Anyway, when I am sitting outside my house at night in nothing but a pha khao maa sipping wine I never cease to appreciate it.

My mrs has been in the UK since November and it has been exceptionally wet and windy lately.

Wettest January for 100 yrs I believe.

No snow so far, she wants to see for first time in her life, meanwhile not a day passes without her saying " nowwww "

• Like 2

I'd miss my awesome beach view, my Oishi, my 7-11, and my True HD Golf channel 156. Sorry, I only own polo shirts, cargo shorts, and crocs. I'm staying right here on the beach. Good luck!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1391603128.355855.jpg

from my iPad in Cha-Am

you make an interesting point, my wardrobe goes down ever year i live here, now i'm down to 2 pair of flip-flops, a few pairs of shorts and half a dozen shirts. gone are the shoes, socks, jeans, sweaters, coats, etc. however, my wife is more than happy to take up my freed wardrobe space.

from my PC in Phuket

• Like 1

At present i am in koh chang it is now about 26c,with a top of around 30c today,perfect,spoke to the Mrs at home in wichianburi[stayed home does not like the seaside],yesterday about 36c,to hot for me i am afraid,also predicting a very hot march/april this year, Thai meterological site talks of 40-43c in wichianburi[Petchabun province] in march/april, i fear i may have to head to the seaside again,as this is very uncomfortable,but would i take that over 2c,not sure,i don't mind cold weather,but it's the depressing grey dampness that i hate about the uk,lets face it here,apart from the wet season,[which i love] most days are sunny as they are in australia.

-21 degrees C (-6 F) where I'm at right now in the USA. Sun is shining as it is just 9am.

A friend in the Chicago suburbs sent this taken after her driveway was just unburied as a reminder to me of what I left behind ... many, many years ago. In the past 40 years I've made several visits back "home," but only once during the winter months. After that one time any visits have been scheduled for the summer only.

post-145917-0-76490600-1391841862_thumb.