Marketing to locals in the Pattaya area

I am involved with a new business venture in the Pattaya and I need to promote it to the local Thais in the area. It is a concept that is not the usual business model that Thais are used to so I need to get the word out on what we offer and where the shop is located. This is a Thai Thai business which means only Thais are working the public interface and speaking Thai as they promote to Thais. We certainly can provide this service to expats but it is not something people on vacation would be interested in as we are in the business of buying old, broken, ugly, unwanted items that contain any precious metals ie gold, silver, platinum... We are not in the Gold business as you are used to seeing where the items are almost pure gold. We are interested in buying 8 to 18k gold and silver that the Chinese based shops have little to no interest in.. And just to be clear we have no items for sale. I have a meeting with the marketing people at BTV next week so I am looking for feedback from anyone who has met with them before wether you used their services or not. Also anyone who has marketed with Pattaya Mail even though on the surface their market seems to be geared towards English speaking expats. And I am also open to any ideas you may have on how to market to the locals... Also if anyone knows of a marketing company in the area geared towards locals I am interested...

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good luck with your new venture. If you have a proven idea, I can see it helping the Thais to promote their business and seek a different level. Cost will certainly be a motivating factor, with some promise of results. Hope it works for you, and them.