Traffic tickets down in Bangkok

webfact

The Nation

tic.jpg
File photo

BANGKOK: -- The number of tickets issued by traffic police in Bangkok has dropped significantly since anti-government demonstrators took to streets late last year.

Since November, the number of tickets dropped to about 33,541 per month on average. Before that, there were as many as 118,208 tickets issued each month.

"It's down by 72 per cent," Traffic Police Division commander Maj-General Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ake said yesterday.

He said the drop stemmed from the traffic police adopting a more lenient approach amid political tension in the country.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-08

Yep,... Because people can't drive anywhere due to the protests AND the road closures of the rice farmers and other populist policy victims. Police are too afraid to go out, too lazy etc. and people too scared to get stuck in the middle of nowhere... So they stay home, rather than getting their behinds kicked or stuck in the middle of nowhere... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You need any more logic, STUPID????whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Maybe the tickets are down because they're now putting mobile speed cameras close to toll gates with the operator equipped with a two-way, so that "fines" can be paid in cash to any one of the 10-15 cops hanging at the toll booths who can't be bothered doing anything other than shaking down motorists. Less paperwork, better returns for a hard day's work. Oh, and guys who work the intersection boxes, who would much rather watch TV and read the paper while causing traffic jams than step outside to arrest motorcyclists running red lights and causing accidents.

• Like 1

"It's down by 72 per cent," Traffic Police Division commander Maj-General Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ake said yesterday.

Therefore, in a Thai style mathematical arithmetric progression, 72% of traffic flow has been interrupted by the protests, and thus the protests must be in 72% of BKK::: Q.E.D. (Thai style). wink.png

Cops being lenient? Thai word for lenient is therefore 'keegiart!' : End of thesis. giggle.gif

Edit: Oh! And I spent 3 years at Chula, in deep study, to come to this conclusion, professor. cheesy.gif

Edited by Why ask

bigbamboo, on 08 Feb 2014 - 13:19, said:

Not surprising really. Since the protests started policemen in Bangkok are rarer than Pattaya virgins.

And I always thought..........they all are.

Silly me sad.png

Golden tip : remove the panty- hose before !!

• Like 1

With the number of checkpoints i will have to agree with you. Instead of 1 checkpoint i can expect 2-3 now which is why i am paying taxis when i have a few beers now.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great an other drunk out of his car / off his bike.. idiot.. only the chance of getting caught persuades you not to drink and drive.

• Like 2

Traffic Police Division commander Maj-General Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ake should ask Bradford City Council, England, how to issue parking tickets.

Driver gets parking fine for stopping in bus stop when he was stuck in a traffic jam at red lights

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554278/Driver-gets-parking-fine-stopping-bus-stop-stuck-traffic-jam-red-lights.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by Basil B

So prices will be going up then to compensate right ?

thats usuallly how it works ,half as many customers means you need to charge twice as much

by thai logic ..........the old 200 fines will probably be 400-500 or maybe 1000 if you cant speak

thai yet....business is business :)

• Like 1

Personally I would be more interested in seeing how many less people have been killed on the roads in BKK since the protests.

Life is the most valuable thing on earth is it not?

Just wondering how many more people are still living and breathing, while people whine and moan about inconvenience.

With the assignment of additional police protection for the PM and other cabinet/PTP members they have depleated the traffic cop force. Send a bill to the PM and I am sure she can assign the Finance, or Commerce Ministery to make up the difference.

It might be a tough choice, paying into the rice farmers chit or the RTP slush fund, but they can always raise another tax to cover the shortages.