Khao Lak travel tips - should I hire a car?

bangkokpoppys

Taking the family to Khao Lak and am wondering if it is worth while hiring a car for sightseeing purposes, struggling to get much info on this.

We are flying into Phuket then was thinking to pick up a 4x4 there. Us there much to see around the area?

Thanks for your TV-wise suggestions in advance.

Edited by bangkokpoppys

hi,it is worth hiring a car,you need a thai or international driving license,there are some lovely places to visit around the area,a car would save a lot of money.enjoy your trip to khao lak.visit the dam near phanom,1 hour 40 minutes drive.good day out

• Like 1

Yes, it's a great idea. But first, what are you really interested in doing on your holiday? If you plan a bunch of beach time, it might be best to just get your car in Khao Lak for a few days instead of your entire trip? Might save you some money.

The drive up from Phuket can be very beautiful, especially if you stop and explore some of the beaches.

Thanks all for your responses. We have young kids 5 & 3 years old so apart from the resort we have booked, I am looking for things that might interest them.

Looks like there is a heap of things to do - I like the idea of visiting the dam not sure the kids know where water in the tap comes from yet!

Thanks again!